PDA

View Full Version : fester's first ever deer!

Thunderstix
10-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Here is festers spike blacktail from September 23, 2005. It may not be huge, but who cares? It was hard earned and his first of many to come. I will let him tell the story. In the pic is fester, me (I'm the handsome one), and his wife.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/330800.jpg
Here is fester with the spiker on my Bull Pac.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/330799.jpg

ZENYO
10-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Nice! Congrats Fester!

Seeadler
10-04-2005, 12:30 PM
looks like any buck might be well earned in that cover.

NEEHAMA
10-04-2005, 12:50 PM
i want to eat that deer!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: where was this? what island?

Sikanni Stalker
10-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Right on! That's a good start.

BCHunter
10-04-2005, 02:12 PM
congrats on the deer...lets hear the story

Seabass
10-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Way to go Fester. You've gotten more than me this year!!!:frown:

Freshtracks
10-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Congrats on a nice filet o' spike. Good to get some meat in the freezer.

fester
10-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks Guys
As usual you spend a day with Mike in the woods and you will have a story to tell and you might even learn something!
We launched the boat and ran in the dark tied up and started hunting in a new place not far from town. We saw lots of sign popped up onto a little ridge of an old logged out area and Mike see's this little spiker. I confirm he is a buck and popped him. He ran into the bush. It sounded like a tank so we thought there was two. We gave him a few minutes and went to look for him and could not find any blood so the three of us started rummaging around in the bush but its thick and can't find anything. I went back to where he was standing and started to really concentrate on the fresh tracks and found fresh scat and out comes my wife saying fresh blood right here, she finds him a few metres past I went back to grab our packs and Mike gets there before me and tries to convince me its a doe, you can't take him anywhere. It wasn't a good shot and I will be spending more time at the range I gut shot him, off hand, pack on, while standing. There is meat in the freezer and he is yummy.
Many thanks to my hunting buddy Mike!!!!

Marc
10-04-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm glad to hear you recovered your deer even after a bad shot. It hapens to the best of us. Sometimes they take a step forward just as we're pulling the trigger. Range time can't hurt for sure. Congrats on your first buck and some meat in the freezer.

Marc.

timberhunter
10-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Way to go Fester. You know that 600 I sold you is not so bad for packing out deer on, beats packing em out on your back, hehe. It would'nt be the first deer to be strapped on it http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif.

Marc S.

Schutzen
10-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey Fester
Nice buck, good for you. Mike is quite the guide I'm ginning to think!

Nothingbut7mmmag
10-04-2005, 09:52 PM
very nice buck there

Hambone
10-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Nice buck Fester!
im hoping to have the same oppertunity this thanksgiving weekend.

fester
10-05-2005, 07:22 AM
That bike is way fun!
Too much fun i would say

A few timber surveyors are working where we were hunting and they had a quad where the boat was but it was just as easy to strap him on my back then to walk back and get the quad.

Way to go Fester. You know that 600 I sold you is not so bad for packing out deer on, beats packing em out on your back, hehe. It would'nt be the first deer to be strapped on it http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif.

Marc S.

Red Foreman
10-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Way to go,sounds like lots of hunters are getting their first buck this year.That's a good thing,it get them hooked on hunting hard.A freind of mine took 10 yrs to get his first,he was being overly cautious,is that a buck?ect.It came down to me threatining him that if he didn't shoot I was going to lol.

Any buck is a great first buck,at least now you've got a hunting story when sitting around bullshitting with your hunting buddies.It's tough talking about the grouse you bagged when your freinds are talking about moose and deer.:grin: Congrats on your buck.