PDA

View Full Version : Merrit bucks

pupper
10-04-2005, 12:23 AM
can anyone give me any feedback on deer hunting in merrit?
I tried hunting between merrit and spences bridge without the site of a doe.
appearantly they were some real good spots but no luck, so what im trying to say is where are the Merrit Bucks?

pupper

Red Foreman
10-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Just keep looking bud,mornings and evenings are the key times.you'll see very little throughout the middle of the day.I took a 3 hr hike yeaterday in that area and saw a lynx(first one ever in that area)a big blackie and at least 25 deer.The one deer was a big buck that I missed because I forgot to take my damn safety off.He was with 2 does about 200 yds away so I put the binocs on him.Seen he was a beauty got all excited lined im up and pulled the trigger...nothing damn safety.

Are you road hunting or walking?3-18 gets hit hard by road hunters as soon as any buck season starts.Sounds like someone has shown you some likely spots get out and do some walking,keep the wind in your face.There's tons of activity up there with hunters and loggers going full bore so a lot of the game is shy of the roads.Good luck.

3kills
10-04-2005, 02:45 PM
there are no more deer in the merritt area what are u talkin about lol just kiddin all depends on where u want to hunt i havent been out to much this year yet but they are out there lol...

Otsoa
10-15-2005, 02:06 AM
Just keep looking bud,mornings and evenings are the key times.you'll see very little throughout the middle of the day.I took a 3 hr hike yeaterday in that area and saw a lynx(first one ever in that area)

Remember a few friends saying that they saw lynx in town back when we had that cold snap back in the late 90's. Hell, I even spooked a bobcat taking out the garbage :shock: (by MSS).

I second Red on getting off the roads. Tons of activity on them and they tend to stay far, far away from any active road. The only time my father and I would see any was when we would go along very old loggin roads....so old in fact that he only remembers going on them back in the 70's and 80's.

bushape
10-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey Red,

So pls tell me where all these deer are!

Ive got a doe draw in 3-13 for Nov and have had one almost every year for the last 10 or so, and have only taken one doe! :(, and that was last season. Merrit mtn. to boot!

palmer
10-16-2005, 03:49 PM
PM me and i'll let you know where we see lots of deer in 3-13

Red Foreman
10-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Bushshape pm sent

bsa30-06
10-17-2005, 11:43 AM
hey pupper can you give a little more detail on the area you were in . I just got back from that area i believe we took the sunshine valley rd. thru some area that was private on both sides of the road until we got to crown land we drove in about 35km back toward prospect and miner creek area saw 2 does on the way in and another doe on the way out . We were looking for a buck and the only one we saw was in a farmers field with 5 other does (he was a good looking 2pt)and we were on the side of the highway.Having said that it was my first time hunting in the merritt area as my hunting partner just moved there a year ago and we didnt have alot of time to scout the area but i'd be willing to try this area again.good luck!!

3kills
10-17-2005, 03:57 PM
bushape where about are u hunting 3-13..i see lots of does in that area...

bushape
10-18-2005, 05:28 PM
3Kills,

We hunt anywhere from Murray Lk to Merrit Mtn , and everywhere in between.
Just dont have that much luck.

3kills
10-20-2005, 10:17 PM
have u tried up near brooks lake or andy's lake???