PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit sales out my way

Mr. Dean
12-12-2008, 03:24 AM
I need a couple rabbits. Fatter the better. Old and tuff is OK too.
Any one here have what I need?

Steeleco
12-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Hum, inquiring minds want to know???? I have one contact but he raises his for meat and charges moola!!

scallywag
12-12-2008, 07:27 AM
dead or alive???

scallywag
12-12-2008, 07:29 AM
i always have about amlion in my neighbour hood. i quick swirving to miss the little guys cause they have just about cause a few accidents.

Mr. Dean
12-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Cadavers would work. Live is OK too.

They're goin to be used for conducting experiments on (humane).... Final result will call for them to become dinner. A meat bunny would likely be the ideal choice as they're larger than the road bunnies we have.

Steeleco, how much (about) from your source?

Steeleco
12-12-2008, 09:56 AM
I'll make a call and let you know later this aft!

mark
12-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Plan on coming to kelowna anytime soon??? I could send ya to a honey hole for bunnies. No 4x4 necessary, bring a carrot, take as many as you like!

Mr. Dean
12-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Plan on coming to kelowna anytime soon??? I could send ya to a honey hole for bunnies. No 4x4 necessary, bring a carrot, take as many as you like!

Not anytime soon. I want/need to conduct these test ASAP. This weekend would be an ideal time.

rishu_pepper
12-12-2008, 11:52 AM

I'm down with that. I need something to do after deer season :biggrin:

Pete
12-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Mr. Dean
I am working a few rabbit complaints as we speak. Contact me through this site and leave your number and I will give you a phone call. I am in Maple Ridge the 13th of Jan.
Cheers
Pete

Stone Sheep Steve
12-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Not anytime soon. I want/need to conduct these test ASAP. This weekend would be an ideal time.

What's your address? We could send you some.......would love to see how Canada Post would react to packages bouncing around:-D.

Kind of reminds me of X-mas Vacation where Granny wraps up the cat as a gift.

SSS

BiG Boar
12-12-2008, 01:24 PM
I have to know what youre going to do with them? So curious.... This is like a story without pics.

ElkMasterC
12-12-2008, 01:29 PM
This has "Wile E." written allll over it.

;-)

Mr. Dean
12-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Mr. Dean
I am working a few rabbit complaints as we speak. Contact me through this site and leave your number and I will give you a phone call. I am in Maple Ridge the 13th of Jan.
Cheers
Pete

Need em NOW. Jan 13 is to far off but thanks for the considerations.

I have to know what youre going to do with them? So curious.... This is like a story without pics.

I'll post my findings afterwards, IF it goes as expected.
Pic's will be included. ;)

This has "Wile E." written allll over it.

;-)

Not quite.
Try "Tweety VS Sylvester: Judgement Day Has Finally Come". :wink:
Looney Tunes.... Never tire of them oldies.

Steeleco,,,,, Still waitin' for that phone call!!
C'mon 'Chump', lets get on with it!

Steeleco
12-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Some of us work for a living!!! Stay close to the horn.

Mr. Dean
12-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Elkhound;

That vid recorder of yours....... (waddya think?)
I got a tripod.

Mr. Dean
12-12-2008, 05:04 PM
OK.... This is proving to be a little tough.

Steeleco has nothing and I can't find a rabbit farm in the LML. I just spent an hour skipping through google.... I know that there once was one in Richmond. I NEED HELP GUYS!

Barracuda
12-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I am curious as to what you would be useing th rabbit for first .
Cant use a live rabbit for enticeing cats , getting them to shriek into a mic is a chore and if your wondering what to get Richard Gere for chistmas I think a Gerbil is the prefered rodent.:wink:

If you say what you need it for then perhaps bunny might pop out of a hat .

Mr. Dean
12-12-2008, 06:57 PM
I wanna shoot them,,,,, then eat em. Prrrretty simple really. :wink: :smile:

Lemme explain:

Set bunny on ground. Walk out a measured 100m's. Sight rifle and pull trigger. Walk back to wabbit, confirm dead. Check wound channel/hide for bullet performance...... Then roast @ 325 for ~45 min's.

hmmm hmmmm GOOD! :razz:

That's about it. No more, no less.

Bpower
12-12-2008, 09:13 PM
There is a weekly animal auction in Langley, http://www.fraservalleyauction.com/hours&location.htm (http://www.fraservalleyauction.com/hours&location.htm)
I was there once and there were oodles of rabbits auctioned of there, anything from those Dutch Dwarfs to huge meat bunnies.

If I recall correctly they were going for really cheap. Some other animals auctioned off were Golden Pheasants, fancy Pidgeons, Ducks and mutated Pigs unfit for regular meat proccessing.

ultramagbob
12-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Sounds quite savage if ya ask me

elkdom
12-12-2008, 09:35 PM
try the Google directory "ELMER FUDD,(original HBC'er .com)"

" waskelly wabbitts is ar speshwelltee, ded or awive, no wabbitt can surwive!"

ahh bee deep bee deep dats all fokzz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Steeleco
12-12-2008, 10:48 PM
There is a weekly animal auction in Langley, http://www.fraservalleyauction.com/hours&location.htm (http://www.fraservalleyauction.com/hours&location.htm)
I was there once and there were oodles of rabbits auctioned of there, anything from those Dutch Dwarfs to huge meat bunnies.

If I recall correctly they were going for really cheap. Some other animals auctioned off were Golden Pheasants, fancy Pidgeons, Ducks and mutated Pigs unfit for regular meat proccessing.

Hum, Pigs!! make my own sausage trim!! Thanks Mon!!

Bpower
12-12-2008, 11:13 PM
The auction is actually kind of entertaining. The first portion in the morning they auction off the smaller critters (rabbits) and get progressively bigger right up to live cattle.

One requirement to keep in mind is that you need appropriate ways of transporting the animals you buy from the auction site.

Elkhound
12-13-2008, 12:16 AM
LMAO Dean.......yup, camera will work and I too have a tripod. Lets get it done. Any rabbits people?

Mr. Dean
12-13-2008, 12:43 AM
With the HUGE Italian community that Vancouver has, I can't believe how hard this has become. :confused:

I too thought of the auction but was hopin' for a place that I could just smack down some $$$ and walk away. Guess I'll have to slip on the rubber boots and take one in.

***If any members are holding out on me,,, please be ensured that there is no 'funny stuff' being planned in their destiny. They're gonna be shot, and they're gonna eaten - No more. No less.... That simple.***

Ideally, I'd like two, perhaps three. I know they freeze well and wouldn't mind one for the platter latter on, sometime in the up-n-coming holidays. :smile:

Mr. Dean
12-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Weekly Auction Schedule

Day
Time
Details

Wednesday
11:00 am
Cattle only

Saturday
9:30am
Chickens, rabbits, ducks, quail, and other bird

Saturday
12:30 pm
Pigs, Goats, Sheep, and other small farm animals

Guess where I'll be @ 9AM tomorrow...

Elkhound
12-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Guess where I'll be @ 9AM tomorrow...

LMAO.......hahahahahahaha

Mr. Dean
12-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Wanna be there???

They really ARE a blast....

Elkhound
12-13-2008, 01:24 AM
I love auctions.....but Tiff has to go out in the morn. I have all the kids:icon_frow

Mr. Dean
12-13-2008, 01:27 AM
'K..... I'll come by and drop off the wabbits for you to sit also. Expect me in ~10:30 or so. :lol:

Mr. Dean
12-13-2008, 04:03 PM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bidding was fierce, but I managed too fight hard enough for the largest 2 available. Pretty sure that these 2 does would make book...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0001-12.jpg

If anything was learned, it is that bunny buyers are a tough crowd. They drove the price of these ones up to 14 bucks a head. :roll:

But at least I know can get set for the experiments. :cool:

PS. What setting gives ya the fastest speed on a digi-cam; LP - SP - XP??
Thanks.

Steeleco
12-13-2008, 04:20 PM
So which is boon and which one is crocket???

Taken from a video geeks forum!!

This is the information that I get from my DVD Recorder Samsung DVD-R120.

Mode:
XP (High Quality Mode). 1 hour-8 Mbps. The best video quality. 720*480-29.970 Hz.
SP (Standard quality mode). 2 hours-4 Mbps. 720*480-29.970 Hz.
LP (Long Recording Mode). 4 hours-2 Mbps. 352*480-29.970 Hz.
EP (Extended Mode). 6 hours (1.2 Mbps). 352*240.-29.970 Hz.

Elkhound
12-13-2008, 05:27 PM
If anything was learned, it is that bunny buyers are a tough crowd. They drove the price of these ones up to 14 bucks a head. :roll:

I hear you made that 5yr old girl cry:tongue:.............but hey. She should have saved more money to out bid you:wink:

Steeleco
12-13-2008, 05:35 PM
I hear you made that 5yr old girl cry:tongue:.............but hey. She should have saved more money to out bid you:wink:

Wait till she, oh never mind :tongue::tongue:

ElkMasterC
12-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Look at the expression on that one as it looks into the camera.....she knows she's doomed. She knows.......
Poor Thumper. :-(

Looks like you have yourself a couple of fine, healthy, purebred New Zealand Whites there, Mr Dean. Good eatin'.

Now I suggest a 325 WSM...that way you won't have to clean em...or skin em for that matter, just walk out there with a pot fulla potato and carrot chunks, and pick up the meaty bits..lol

Mr. Dean
12-13-2008, 11:59 PM

WRONG!!!

She was a least 6. :redface:

[quote]

Looks like you have yourself a couple of fine, healthy, purebred New Zealand Whites there, Mr Dean. Good eatin'.

Only the best....

Now I suggest a 325 WSM...that way you won't have to clean em...or skin em for that matter, just walk out there with a pot fulla potato and carrot chunks, and pick up the meaty bits..lol

You stay tuned.... I think your gonna like this run of 'Humane Experiments'. :wink:

elkdom
12-14-2008, 01:02 AM
OHH MY! They are SO CUTE !!!

Mr. Dean
12-14-2008, 04:51 PM
OK. The tests have been run and are now concluded. My lovely assistant and I need some time to compile all the data, edit video/pics, and upload to the server. Once this has been completed, I'll start up a new thread that'll state reason and conclusion for said testing.

Stay tuned, it's interesting.... :smile:

BiG Boar
12-14-2008, 05:12 PM
This whole thread has a wierd tinge to it.

Elkhound
12-14-2008, 05:27 PM
hope they don't taste weird

Mr. Dean
12-14-2008, 06:36 PM
This whole thread has a wierd tinge to it.

No worries mate. Once we get all the data sifted-n-posted, the cosmos will then be perfectly aligned for ya. This data *should* benifit many hunters and be highly valued info.

PLEASE be patient. It's goin to take some time....

Mr. Dean
12-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Still d i l i g e n t l y sifting away..... :smile: