PDA

View Full Version : Anybody interested in taking a new hunter out this weekend?

Reload
12-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi There,

I am wondering if there's anybody out there that have a hunt planned tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday that wouldn't mind a new hunter coming along.

Or if there might be someone that would be interested in coming with me.

I have all of my equipment and am in good shape so I am able to do a walking hunt, but am open to anything (i.e.) vehicle or walking

I live in Vancouver and I am member of the PCDHFC.

I'd really like to get some experience and would appreciate having someone to go with.

Please let me know...

bad arrow
12-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Your a little late but next season I dont mind takin a new guy out, I especially like taking the youth.... ahhh shoot it doesn't matter I will even take old guy's like me. PM me prior to next season.

lip_ripper00
12-11-2008, 08:00 PM
If you up date your profile would be a big help, with 3 posts ........:?:

Reload
12-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey Ripper,

Updated my profile....

doubled
12-12-2008, 01:42 PM
4 posts now.

Reload
12-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Not sure what you mean?

What is it that I need to do to my profile??

Statler
12-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Some believe that if you don't have a high post count that your questions may lack sincerity or validity. Don't ask me why, I don't know the reason for it. There is a lot of gum flapping about boosting hunter numbers and such but when a new guy shows up asking questions it's like poking a bloated carcass with a stick. Hang in there though. There are a lot of fine people on the site and after they get to know you things will work out.

Fixit
12-12-2008, 04:09 PM
great time to get out to any cutblock and look for the dark patch moving at the tree line...

the snow is an absolute godsend, makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

i spent today wading through 10" fresh snow today, covering 6kms... not even a set of tracks, maybe tomorow though,,,

Plincker
12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
great time to get out to any cutblock and look for the dark patch moving at the tree line...

the snow is an absolute godsend, makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

i spent today wading through 10" fresh snow today, covering 6kms... not even a set of tracks, maybe tomorow though,,,

I knew you'd be out today!! We must of scared em all away yesterday eh!

NaStY
12-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Not sure what you mean?

What is it that I need to do to my profile??

Updating your profile is for people to know where you are. Someone from the island isn't going to take you out unless you plan on going there and the same is for the interior. Although me thinks most places are closed now.

I would be happy to take someone out, but i don't have a vehicle for hunting right now.

Some believe that if you don't have a high post count that your questions may lack sincerity or validity. Don't ask me why, I don't know the reason for it. There is a lot of gum flapping about boosting hunter numbers and such but when a new guy shows up asking questions it's like poking a bloated carcass with a stick. Hang in there though. There are a lot of fine people on the site and after they get to know you things will work out.

The "posts" amount don't really mean much. Ask as many questions as you like. Just DON'T EXPECT to be treated like royalty.....

Th0r
12-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Thats funny but true.