PDA

View Full Version : A Day of elk hunting

Bowhunter32
10-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Was out last night, ddecided to hit the comunity pasture where there was 2 6x6 and one 7x7 elk spotted out there the other night, so i was like yes this will be my lucky night, so anyhow made my way out there got myself nicly setup and started calling was out ther till i couldn't see in front of me anymore and all i seen was a few cow elk, thismorning, i head out for coffee at the coffee shop / restraunt thismorning at 530am and was talking with the gang in there and GUESS WHAT, bloody hell some guy walked in and said he just got a 6x6 and a 7x7 at the comunity pasture righ twher ei was last ngiht DAMIT, i say to myself why the heck cant i get anything.. yea ok i see them but never what i need 6x

I slave in the bush for 3 weeks day in and day out up at 2am to be in place for light up cmoe home have a nap out again at 3am till dark, every day no days off nothing shootable, some guy goes out the first day walks in the bush and boom a big 7x7 or what ever walks out on the path walla, why cant thathappen to me, it should be the other way around us guys / ladies that slave in the bush day in and day out should be the ones getting the elk not thes guys with horse shoes up ther arse;;;

All i can say is unbelievable i am happy for him but DAM

brotherjack
10-03-2005, 02:06 PM
My friend, I know your pain. I've spent 3 years hunting elk, and never even seen one big enough to get excited about counting points until today. I just tagged a small-ish 6x6. I'll start my own post for the details.

But if it's any encouragement, I've been hunting them for 3 years, almost every day of the season - morning and evening. I've lost count of the number of times I've come home frustrated and disgusted by some buddy or another who tells me stories like "yeah, so the first day I went out, and I saw a 6x6 and a 6x5, but they were a little small, so I came home about 7:30 and went back to bed. Second day I went out, I got a monster 6x7, uphill from the truck." Hang in there man, your day will come! Mine sure did... :)

Red Foreman
10-03-2005, 02:27 PM
I've got a buddy who I swear if he tripped and broke his arm it would be because he landed on a giant gold bar.Not just hunting,he's always stumbling on to great deals,on quads,vehicle's ect.He's just one lucky sob.:) I don't think it rains around him unless he wants it to.It's pretty frustrating when your working your ass off looking for game and he has one walk right up to his truck,lol.