PDA

View Full Version : Whitetails Reg 4-06

Ambush
12-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Well since I can't really accept that the season is done, I'm casting around for any opportunities that still exist.
4-06 whities is open untill Dec. 31st.

Are there enough animals to make it worth the drive from Prince George? Keep in mind I drove to Saskatchewan to hunt for 1 1/2 days a few weeks ago. No arrows released, but still had fun.

Can a person who has never hunted Reg-4 before find likely spots in a few days?

Does anyone know if there is a hunter/landowner program there.

Are the local CO's helpfull?

Have the youth hunters shot all the good bucks in the earlier bow only season?

If I get a whitetail, then I would be obligated to go to Texada Island for a blacktail to complete an archery BC deer slam in one season.

I would be more than willing to indulge in an information swap for someone wanting to hunt PG area.
Just remember, there are no good animals here.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

35 Whelen
12-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Stringflinger.

Would love to join you with my new longbow, but it won't be ready until the end of January.

However, a lot of 4-06 is private farm land, having said that, the majority of farmers and orchardists are sick and tired of all the damage the deer do to their crops, and trees, so getting permission should not be too difficult. A long ways to drive , so I would so some homework prior to committing. Talk to the local C/O's and they may be able to put you onto some farmers willing to help out. You might also want to contact Mawson's sports in Creston, they could also be a good place to start.

Hope that was of some help for you. Not all you need I am sure, but a place to start.

Brambles
12-07-2008, 08:11 PM
From what I've heard from the CO's all the Creston Wildlife Management land is closed for hunting Past November so if you got plans on hunting the creston Valley you'll need farmer permission. The CO's also said that might be a hard thing to get. The Sawmill is one of the major landowners and they DO NOT allow hunting on their farmland.

That being said, 4-06 isn't limited to just the Creston Valley so you shouldn't have much trouble finding places to hunt if you venture outside Creston.

I might head over myself, we'll see.

hunter1947
12-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Just past the turn off to Kitchener there is a road called Kid creek ,it is fair hunting on the low side of the train off this main line.

Another place is the Carroll creek main line ,the first 2 kl you can,t hunt it because it is closed and is in region 4-4.
When you get past the 2kl mark on this main line you are then into region 4-06 and there is fair hunting up this main line ,don't go to far up this main line or you will be into region 4-05..

when you come to a switch back on Carroll creek main you are just out of region 4-06 you have to come back down about 2k to get back into 4-06.

Good luck I hope this will help you ,get a map book and you will see what I am talking about.

J_T
12-08-2008, 06:31 AM
There's lots of good ground in 4-06. I'd work the bottoms of the drainages north of Creston all the way up the east side of Kootenay Lake. If you think you're coming down send me a PM. I'm committed to a hunt in the East Kootenay starting this weekend until the 20th. Might be interested in 4-06 depending on success or lack thereof.

Ambush
12-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the info guys. It will all depends on days off, family committments and road conditions, if will come together. Likely be a spur of the moment thing. I'll phone some of the people suggested.
JT, I will pm you if I'm able to make it.

I spent this morning just north west of Williams Lake. Bad snow for bowhunting. Saw nothing really.