PDA

View Full Version : kAMLOOPS LAC DU BOIS AREA

roblikestohunt
12-07-2008, 04:32 PM
little drive today up to 42 kms mark lac du bois up batch.....5 does 3 nice shootable bucks a bear and i do believe a lynx was a little far away but looked good... a nice 5*5 chased a doe right across the road right in front of us by the snowmoblie association cabin...there still out there, snow in them there hills, road a little slick drive carefully....

doubled
12-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Wow, I gotta get out with you next year. You always see shooters.

Caveman
12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Always when you can't have a gun with you, eh Rob! That sucks!

306 dave
12-07-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm heading out tuesday and still not positive on our destination do the dear winter in this area? Would it be worth the drive? We were thinking about Merritt or cache creek. I have no picken idea never gone out this late and it's a different ball game that's for sure. I'm taking my son out and just really want him to see some game shooting would be a bonus.

hunter1947
12-08-2008, 04:37 AM
By the sounds of it you had a very nice outing http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif.

roblikestohunt
12-08-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm heading out tuesday and still not positive on our destination do the dear winter in this area? Would it be worth the drive? We were thinking about Merritt or cache creek. I have no picken idea never gone out this late and it's a different ball game that's for sure. I'm taking my son out and just really want him to see some game shooting would be a bonus.

head out kamloops way, guaranteed you will see some game and, maybe get a shot or two...good luck!!!

roblikestohunt
12-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Always when you can't have a gun with you, eh Rob! That sucks!

hahaha....yes your right, its happened more then once this season....sucks big time, everything should be finalized this week, just in time for the end of the season....:sad:

Crazy.kayaker
12-08-2008, 08:18 PM
head out kamloops way, guaranteed you will see some game and, maybe get a shot or two...good luck!!!

I live in kamloops and I haven't seen anything with horns ALL SEASON let alone a legal buck.

shadowhunter
12-08-2008, 08:28 PM
i have got a question i am new to hunting so dont think im dumb but is it blacktails or mulies you see in kamloops?

doubled
12-08-2008, 10:19 PM
i have got a question i am new to hunting so dont think im dumb but is it blacktails or mulies you see in kamloops?

Muleys around loops

reddog888
12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
little drive today up to 42 kms mark lac du bois up batch.....5 does 3 nice shootable bucks a bear and i do believe a lynx was a little far away but looked good... a nice 5*5 chased a doe right across the road right in front of us by the snowmoblie association cabin...there still out there, snow in them there hills, road a little slick drive carefully....

I was up in that area today. There are still deer up there but very patchy with most of them on the move heading out. I did see a lot of wolf tracks and 6 different cat tracks. I found 6 does together and watched them for 4 hours until dark and no buck. First time in 10 years not cutting my tag......

roblikestohunt
12-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I was up in that area today. There are still deer up there but very patchy with most of them on the move heading out. I did see a lot of wolf tracks and 6 different cat tracks. I found 6 does together and watched them for 4 hours until dark and no buck. First time in 10 years not cutting my tag......

how far up were you, i also saw a lot of cat tracks and what looked like wolf tracks to me... theres still lots of deer up there, towards wendego and up the mud lake road past pass, go up to the top, you will see a shooter for sure!! heading up hopefully tommorrow if i can get out of hitting revelstoke for work till monday, last day always produces!!

shadowhunter
12-09-2008, 05:53 PM
o thanks just wondering

shadowhunter

Caveman
12-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Muleys around loops

and a growing population of Whitey's :wink:

Will
12-09-2008, 06:29 PM
and a growing population of Whitey's :wink:
Nope I shot the last one..........:p

Derek_Erickson
12-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I seen lots all in the wrong spots, even a couple crankers!

the population seems to be exploding

Caveman
12-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Nope I shot the last one..........:p

That's funny!! I actually shot the first one. Remember the days when all you had to do is buy a deer tag. Those were the days when I shot a 4x4 around Isobel Lake. Anyone remember when we actually had to start specifying Muledeer or Whitetail. At the time I asked at Lees Gun Craft if he'd ever seen one around here. His answer was, "I've been hunting around here for 27 years, there's no Whitetail in Kamloops". Well I got one!!