PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Peace Country Moose

mountainman
12-05-2008, 09:36 PM
So tonight on my way home from Boundry Lake area I thought I would take the back way home and cut through Rolla and look for some big Mulie bucks.
When I got to Pouce Coupe and on the highway again I picked up to highway speeds and started to relax a bit. As I come off the passing lane down into Gumbo Gulch wouldn't you know it a couple of moose decide to cross the road infront of the semi coming the other way.
Long story short one totally dead calf and one cow with a broken leg. Lucky for me the trucker stayed pretty much in his lane while trying to avoid the calf and I got slowed down and around the cow enough that she didn't try and kiss me, cost a head light, fog light and small dent in bumper.

The truck behind me hit the dead calf and just about rolled in the ditch.
So I wait for the Conservation Officer to get there and dispatch the cow. I then head back down the Highway 5 minutes later wouldn't you know it a bull decides it might be a good night to play dodge the traffic also in front of me.

Can you guys please please train your moose better so they don't play in traffic it gets messy and really messes up my day. :shock::smile:

Or maybe we should lobby for more tags and longer hunting seasons!!

elkdom
12-05-2008, 09:46 PM
So tonight on my way home from Boundry Lake area I thought I would take the back way home and cut through Rolla and look for some big Mulie bucks.
When I got to Pouce Coupe and on the highway again I picked up to highway speeds and started to relax a bit. As I come off the passing lane down into Gumbo Gulch wouldn't you know it a couple of moose decide to cross the road infront of the semi coming the other way.
Long story short one totally dead calf and one cow with a broken leg. Lucky for me the trucker stayed pretty much in his lane while trying to avoid the calf and I got slowed down and around the cow enough that she didn't try and kiss me, cost a head light, fog light and small dent in bumper.

The truck behind me hit the dead calf and just about rolled in the ditch.
So I wait for the Conservation Officer to get there and dispatch the cow. I then head back down the Highway 5 minutes later wouldn't you know it a bull decides it might be a good night to play dodge the traffic also in front of me.

Can you guys please please train your moose better so they don't play in traffic it gets messy and really messes up my day. :shock::smile:

Or maybe we should lobby for more tags and longer hunting seasons!!

I drive that same stretch of road every day, last week counted 12 dead deer and one moose, of coarse we need longer seasons, lol
ps; and semi's dont count points before "BAMM",,,

hunter1947
12-06-2008, 05:16 AM
What a person needs on top of there truck or car is a air horn ,give this horn a few blasts and they might take off like a scared rabbit ,LOL.

Its just a good thing that nothing serious happened to you ,you truck can be fixed easier then fixing you http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

drakfero
12-06-2008, 10:40 AM
why he did not slow down when he saw them?

mountainman
12-06-2008, 10:55 AM
He didn't have time, coming down a hill around a corner in a bad spot all around.

knighthunter
12-06-2008, 11:00 AM
More than not, an air horn confuses wildlife even more.

srupp
12-06-2008, 02:15 PM
glad YOUR Ok Joe..

cheers

steven

ps we going fishing in Terrace this year??BOYZ trip???

mountainman
12-06-2008, 11:28 PM
glad YOUR Ok Joe..

cheers

steven

ps we going fishing in Terrace this year??BOYZ trip???

Love to Steve we should get on the phone one of these evenings and discuss this a little more. I hate calling cause of the shift work thing for ya. I am home all day tomorrow, annd most evenings and I always got the cell phone on me too!