PDA

View Full Version : Eberlestock J104 vs J107

Alpine Addict
12-03-2008, 06:54 PM
The only difference I have so far been able to find is 1000 cubic inches between both packs. The J104 with spike camp duffel works out to be 116 litres, which is a very large pack. Any body's wisdom on this one? any raeson to go with the 107 instead of the 104

bighornbob
12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
On the 104 the shoulder straps are sewn on in one place. There is no adjustment for different body types. Like a day pack.

On the 107 the shoulder straps are adustable so if you have a shorter or longer torso, you can make it fit better. Also the 107 is stiffer so you can carry more weight.

Here is a pic of my pack from the back. In the middle under the center of the shoulder straps you can see the velcro that holds the straps in place. You can also see how much up or down the straps can go.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Picture_008.jpg

Hope this helps.

BHB

reach
12-03-2008, 07:10 PM
any raeson to go with the 107 instead of the 104
The J107 is on sale right now at Cabela's :)

ElectricDyck
12-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I researched this a lot. The j107 has a plastic plate for carrying heavier loads better, the detachable fanny pac on top, 2 hydration bladder compartments, adjustability, as well as additional cinching straps. From reading on a few different forums the 107 tryed to clear up some load carrying issues had with the 104.

Hey BHB how do you like your pack? Any issues with heavy loads? What's it like with the rifle in the holster while packing weight? Thanks

bighornbob
12-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey BHB how do you like your pack? Any issues with heavy loads? What's it like with the rifle in the holster while packing weight? Thanks

I love my pack, some of the best money i spent on hunting gear. I took my pack on a 10 day sheep hunt and pack was around 50 pounds with the rifle. No problems carrying that much weight. I have not really carried any more then that. I have not had the chance to pack an animal out:oops:

No issues when the gun is in the scabbard when carrying 50 pounds. It carries so well all the time you forget its there. It also works awesome on an ATV. On my bison hunt I borrowed an ATV and the scabbard rattled so much I took it off. I put my pack on the front rack and bungied it down. The gun nevered moved in scabbard and never rattled like in the hard plastic case. Also it slid right out just like it does off you back.

I would highly reccomend it.

BHB

Phoenixmc
12-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I wanted to get one for mostly a day pack with the option of long trips in the future. Which one feels better when it isn't loaded down with tons of weight. I was goin to go with the 104 because I wanted a little less capacity so it's more of a day pack.

bighornbob
12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
The packs are the exact same size. The difference in sizes comes from the fanny pouch that comes with the 107 (mounted on the top flap). Its removable so if you dont want it when used as a daypack, just remove it.

Other then that the basic bags are the same size.

BHB

Brambles
12-05-2008, 04:14 PM
J107 is the one to get

Kirby
12-05-2008, 07:20 PM
I've got the 107 and love it. I would like to try a 104 and compare the fit and how it is loaded.

Kirby

msawyer
12-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Hello all...

I have a almost new Eberlestock J107 that I am selling so I can buy an Eberlestock JP9... The pack has had 6 days use (2008 caribou hunt in NW BC) and is in perfect condition... Asking $280 (the pack retails for $329 USD + shipping from Eberlestock)

PM me if interested...

Best regards

Mike
________
Honda CBR600F (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CBR600F)