PDA

View Full Version : Empire Valley 5x4

better.run
12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
This was the first year that I have been to Empire Valley and I heard there was a lot of deer so i was really excited. When we got there we set up camp and started to walk (I didn't want to road hunt at all this trip). So we first went to this really nice trail just to check out the area. And when we entered the bush we came to a extremely nice grazing area so we were way more cautious now. As we walked along the fence line my dad spotted a really nice 4 point and when I looked over, the monster bounced away into the thick bush. The next day we walked another nice trail and we walked about 200 yards and about 6 deer were in the bush. As I tried to see if there was any bucks they bounced away and then i noticed there was one BIG buck in there also. For two days we did not see as much as expected, I was told LOTS of deer roam the area during any time of day, but this week it was empty. The next morning we wanted to try another really good trail and we knew we had to see something there. So as we went off the trail, we walked 50 yards and on a hill 3 does came out of the popplers and one nice spiker followed behind. We both had the scope on it but decided not to shoot it. And as we went over the hill we saw more deer grazing and we paid too much attention to the does and just saw the bucks escaping. Around lunchtime me and my friend decided to take a quick walk to the place were we saw the four point. As we were headed back to camp my dad decided to look for us at the trail we went on the first day (which we now call four point land).But this time he wanted to go on a little trail in 4 point land, so as he walked 20 yards in he turned his head and he saw the exact same 4 point we saw the first day, laying down and looking at him the same way but this time the buck didn't want to move. So he turned of safety kneeled down and shot. Me and my friend heard two shots so we called him up on the walkie talkies and asked him if he shot something and he said he shot a 4 point. So we quickly headed back to camp to tell the others. When we got there, the buck was really big and the neck was already swollen so you could tell it was ready for rut season.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/ollie_68/Albertsdeer.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/ollie_68/AlbertandFred.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/ollie_68/bullethole.jpg

HighCountry
12-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Congratulations and good job guys thats is a nice buck.

f350ps
12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Good lookin 4 point. What time of the year were ya in there? K

Rackaholic
12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Nice Deer, and sucks for you that ya walked right past it..

Empire Valley is awesome by the way, been there once, no luck, but the Place is incredible.

better.run
12-04-2008, 12:16 AM
It was somewhere around the end of October when we went there

husky30-06
12-04-2008, 12:19 AM
:razz::razz:great buck man!!!!!!!

hunter1947
12-04-2008, 04:57 AM
Its a good thing you turned down that spiker or you would have not got this deer your tag would have been canceled.

This deer you got is a heavy looking deer by the looks of it there is still fat on him ,should be good one for the freezer ,congrats to you on connecting with this mule deer.

David Heitsman
12-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Great buck better.run!

What is the significance of the 3rd pic of the bruised area?

1/2 slam
12-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Nice buck.

sneg
12-04-2008, 09:41 PM
good buck.congrats.

Will
12-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Great looking Buck ! Congrats :cool:

better.run
12-05-2008, 06:37 PM
The third picture was were we found the bullet which you can barley see in my dads hand.