PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fishing

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Anybody know some lakes that are frozen and fishing well around Merrit.I like Mammit but I dont think its ready to go yet.:-)

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-04-2008, 08:30 AM
With 0 responses you would think I asked a question like how many of you guys have been for a prostate exam lately.Come on Fisher ,Tinney,Booner ,post up some old or new pics and get this thread started.:lol:

winbuckhunter
12-04-2008, 09:42 AM
was on the connector yesterday and none of the lakes up there were frozen solid... its pretty sad.. i'll try and keep this thread posted on the ice conditions..

johnk
12-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Seeing as Tunkwa is frozen, Bose should be plenty safe and is a good icefishing destination right through January!

Steeleco
12-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Murray lake was only 1/2 frozen two weeks back, in years past we couldn't get anywhere near it this late due to road conditions.

PGK
12-04-2008, 12:00 PM
As if I'm going to help you catch fish. Get real.

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-04-2008, 12:22 PM

The only thing you could help somebody catch is crabs.

newhunterette
12-04-2008, 12:27 PM
ice was just starting to form on the smaller lakes towards 100 mile last week but temps were mild - this week temps have dropped quite a bit so I am sure the lakes are going to be freezing up nicely now for ice fishing -

I have only ever ice fished Hihum lake and that was late december

sealevel
12-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Should be ok for the high lakes in a couple days. Its been freezing hard the last couple days.

MerrittBow
12-04-2008, 06:35 PM
kane lakes are frozen and fishable any lakes around merritt are probly me and my brother are going to go out this weekend

johnk
12-05-2008, 06:16 AM
Back in the day when I lived in Merritt we used to get some huge brookies through the ice on Marquart but only until New Years!

Fisher-Dude
12-05-2008, 07:04 AM

Now that right there is some funny shit!

Some of the smaller lakes that are high up will be ready BHF, but a fat ba$tard like yourself should stay off any of the larger, low elevation lakes for a coupla more weeks. Brenda and MacDonald Lks will likely be good to go by next weekend if this arctic air hangs around.

hughjhardon
12-07-2008, 09:31 AM

I got crabs and they are huge, hopefully the ice will come shortly.

ianwuzhere
12-07-2008, 06:55 PM

-now theres a true fishermans attitude?:???:
-sad to hear this kid fishes, prolly why he's been banned from all local fishing forums around PG area..
Merritt offers sweet fishin as there are so many little lakes close by. The kane lakes are always nice little lakes. Ive seen a bow close to 4 pounds come out of mammete lake few years ago.
-"a lake a day as long as you stay", nice area for the outdoorsmen there..
Make sure to take some pix and post them if ya header out!!!