PDA

View Full Version : My 4x4 Mule deer from Bonaparte Lake area

better.run
12-02-2008, 09:43 PM
This was my first hunt with my full license and we went to our cabin for the weekend with our friends. We went a day earlier to scout out some areas we wanted to try out. The first place we went to was the Hihium Lake Rd. area and we saw a good amount of deer there but the one that stuck out the most was a big 3 point mule. So the next day youth season had started and we headed out to the same area while our friends checked out another area. The morning was a good -2 and all we saw was a couple of does so we just tried other roads by our cabin and still didn't see anything that interested us. On day 2 we headed out to Eagan lake and Bonaparte lake area . Our freinds went to check out a nice logging area by Eagan lake while we went to fill up the truck. When we came back to meet up with the guys, we found out that my friend shot a decent 2 point and the rest of the day we saw some big bucks but didn't get a chance. The last day of hunting had arrived and I was getting pretty anxious to shoot a buck. So we headed back to Bonaparte area to check out some logging areas, it was already 9:00am and we hadn't got to much luck so we decided to check out couple more logging areas and then go home. We came to this one logging area and there was like a island of bush in the middle of it, so when we took the corner around the island of bush a doe popped out of it so I got out of the truck and then three 2 pointers came out and the only one i saw was at 200 yards running away so I took a shot at it and missed but then when I lifted my head I saw this 4 pointer come out and quickly leaned myself on the truck and then shot and it dropped. Altogether there was four 2 points and three does in that one area and the 4 point which died.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Oliver/My%20Documents/Oliver%27s%20Stuff/Pictures%20and%20clips/Four%20pointer.jpghttp://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/ollie_68/Mybuck.jpg

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Oliver/My%20Documents/Oliver%27s%20Stuff/Pictures%20and%20clips/Four%20pointer.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/ollie_68/Fourpointer.jpg

Caveman
12-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Nice job on your hunt, a nice buck to boot, congrats!!

tomahawk
12-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Awesome.........

Beer
12-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Nice buck, congratulations. Everybody else who reads this, just smile and nod.

M.Dean
12-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Really nice buck! When there in velvet the look fantastic! Congrats

stroh72
12-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Helluva weekend ,great deer. I enjoy the bandaid, did somebody's scope take a little bite????

elkdom
12-02-2008, 10:15 PM
congratz on your 4 pointer, good job, good story, great pics,,,,,,buttttt??
from one hunter to another, does that band-aid on your eye brow have anything to do with your deer hunting story????? ( teasing) !!! lol

I have had several ( band-aids on my eye brow over the years!) but all
us OLD EXPIERIENCED hunters would say we poked ourselves in the eye with a twig ! and of coarse we lie!!! we have lots of experience!! ,,,,,,, lol

IT'S ALL PART OF THE GAME !!!

hunter1947
12-03-2008, 04:42 AM
Good score on your buck ,he will be very tasty on the dinner table ,congrats to you on your first deer .

5 spike
12-03-2008, 06:07 AM
great buck congrats

cmc destroyer
12-03-2008, 07:44 AM
congratz on your 4 pointer, good job, good story, great pics,,,,,,buttttt??
from one hunter to another, does that band-aid on your eye brow have anything to do with your deer hunting story????? ( teasing) !!! lol

I have had several ( band-aids on my eye brow over the years!) but all
us OLD EXPIERIENCED hunters would say we poked ourselves in the eye with a twig ! and of coarse we lie!!! we have lots of experience!! ,,,,,,, lol

IT'S ALL PART OF THE GAME !!!

LOL Great job on the buck.
I agree with the scope-eye lie. We've all told it I'm sure hehe.

sneg
12-03-2008, 08:31 AM
good job.nice buck.congrats.

rifleman
12-03-2008, 08:37 AM
yeah ! nice buck way to go. nice to get him in velvet also.

better.run
12-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Haha, yeah about the band aid. the two point i shot at the scope then gave me a good cut. But i guess everybody has done it.

elkdom
12-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Haha, yeah about the band aid. the two point i shot at the scope then gave me a good cut. But i guess everybody has done it.

not EVERYBODY, just the guys that admit it, lol

better.run
12-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah, Im not to embarrassed about it actually. Its just that when your doing a far shot you squeeze the gun tighter against your shoulder to get it steadier and i guess when i did that I didnt focus on the scope and got scoped

elkdom
12-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah, Im not to embarrassed about it actually. Its just that when your doing a far shot you squeeze the gun tighter against your shoulder to get it steadier and i guess when i did that I didnt focus on the scope and got scoped

absolutly nothing to be embarrassed about, but eye relief and scope position can be a factor, although a moment of excitement and it happens, or an odd position when you shoot ,all facors for a "scope bite" besides that , now your famous, and it dont hurt so bad for the first few minutes till the exitement
drains off a bit,,,,,
I wonder why "ZORRO" had a patch on his eye??? do yah think?? lol

husky30-06
12-03-2008, 09:47 PM
nice buck my friend, may the same luck find you next year.

reaper1
12-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Been there, done that but with no meat. Nice job on staying cool enough to follow through.

Will
12-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Missed this one for some reason...

Congrats ! 8-)

1/2 slam
12-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Congratulations.

better.run
12-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys