PDA

View Full Version : No Large Bull Elk over 5x5

Bowhunter32
10-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Well i been beating down th ebush for the last 3 weeks near now and havnt been able to round up a 6x plus elk yet have a spot with over 50 elk on it 46ish cows and the rest bulls one heard bull thats 5x5 and satalite bulls that are spikers to 3 points no big bosses in the bunch trying to take the 5x5 out of the group, so its looking like another skunk this year for a elk once again Sigh

Ok well i guess its time to move onto moose and deer,

brotherjack
10-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Well i been beating down th ebush for the last 3 weeks near now and havnt been able to round up a 6x plus elk yet have a spot with over 50 elk on it 46ish cows and the rest bulls one heard bull thats 5x5 and satalite bulls that are spikers to 3 points no big bosses in the bunch trying to take the 5x5 out of the group, so its looking like another skunk this year for a elk once again Sigh

Ok well i guess its time to move onto moose and deer,

Hey, at least you've seen some of the dang critters. I've been hunting elk for 3 years, nearly every day of the season, and have never seen anything even big enough to get excited while counting points on (5 bulls total is all I've ever laid eyes on, 3 spikes, a 3 point, and a 4 point). Dang frustrating, I can tell you. I'm all out of excitement to wake up yet another day at 5:00AM to go sit in the bush and watch squirrels. But, I keep at it, if nothing else, my head is hard. :D

At this point though, I'm just looking forward to deer season - I'm good at hunting those, and hunting is fun when you at least get to see some critters, even if they ain't shooters. Dang elk, I can spend weeks in the bush seeing nothing but fresh sign and rubs, but narry a critter one.