PDA

View Full Version : First Time BC Hunter From Michigan

Steyr
09-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Been in this province for a few years now and it sure is a great place to live. Just getting back into hunting this year after a 10 year hiatus. Did most of my hunting in Cadillac MI, for huge white tails.

Won a LEH for moose inPrince George, MU 7:05. Anyone know the area?

This is my first post. Seems like an awesome site.
Thanks!

Foxer
09-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Welcome welcome :)

MI?- michigan?

Ken the Kanuck
09-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Welcome Steyr, always glad to have a kindred spirit among us.

Watch him Foxer, MI probably means Missouri and the title of the post was meant to throw us off the track ;)

But onto some thing important, how was your hunt? Did you get a chance to to recharge your batteries?

See any swamp donkeys?

I didn't, got a roast? Gladly pay you back next Tuesday. :lol:

Come on spill the beans.

KTK

Marc
09-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Welcome aboard Steyr, British Columbia is defanitely a hunters paradice no other place in North America do you have such a diversity of Big game animals.

Fred
09-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Sheesh, haven't you guys ever watched Fred Trost? Of course Cadillac is in Michigan. Welcome aboard Steyr. Not everyone here is as dense as these guys are pretending to be! :biggrin: Can't help with your question as EX and I got more or less skunked up in the Dawson area and it is a long ways from 7-05. Fred

Steyr
09-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Yes, MI = Michigan. I was born in Ontario but moved to Michigan when I was 10 years old.

Well, I plan to go hunting mid October. I went to the Canadian geological survey map store downtown Vancouver and picked up six, 1:50,000 maps of the area. Looks like there's some swamp area there.

Will the rut still be on in mid October?

BCrams
09-30-2005, 11:44 PM
You will still find the bulls in mid-Oct but the rut is winding down fast at this point. The rut has started this last week of September and will be hot this next week or so before starting to taper off. Thats not to say you can't call them out in mid-october.

A big bull moose from mid-October on tends to be on the tough eating side so if you're looking for a meat bull .........smaller the better.

Steyr
10-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah that's what I'm looking for. Just a small bull.

Going for mulies tomorrow in 5-14 for a few days. I'll let you all know how I do.