PDA

View Full Version : Reg 2-2 4pt nov 28

303Fan
12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Ok where to start:

Saturday i took my brotherinlaw Darryl out on a day trip to see if he could get his first deer.We went to see if there was a bigger buck up where i took Nolimit99 but no luck there we cut some firewood after hiking all over the hillsides and got soaked to the bone.Deciding there was nothing happening we locked up the guns and headed for home but for some unnone soory can,t spell reason i turned off onto a side road to show Darryl something in this one cut i know about.AS we drove in we both mentioned that it would be funny if we came around this one corner and seen some deer.Well as luck would have there they are standing on a ridge line needless to say the gong show started i yell get out and shoot i,m trying to shut the truck off and watch the deer my key for my gun is on my keys for the truck all i can hear from Darryl is cursing and swaering as he is trying to get his gun out and unlocked but the deer is still standing there about 150yds out didn,t want to leave the doe.Anyway after all this he finally fires the deer flinches i seen the bullet hit but it just stands there Darryl crancks another round fires agian hits the front leg deer starts walking i can,t believe this Darryl yells he,s out off ammo 2 rounds? well he double pumped his rifle in the excitement.So to make a long story short i nailed him with a 7mmrem mag and down he goes about 20yds from the first shot.This is Darryl,s first deer.:smile: First photo is Darryl second is me.

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr208/303Fan/100_1027_edited.jpg

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr208/303Fan/100_1032_edited.jpg

Will
12-01-2008, 07:07 PM
that thing hangin out of your mouth is gonna kill you. (wink)
Yep and if you live long enough.....you'll die of something ! :biggrin:

Great Buck ! Congrats ! 8)

kennyj
12-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Awesome buck!Is that a mulie or BT ?
kenny

BigSlapper
12-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Nice buck !
The thought occurred to me (and I don't know what the answer is?) ...when shots are fired from both partners and both hit, who has the responsibility of cutting their tag ?

303Fan
12-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Well its a Blacktail and seeing as Darryl was the first one to hit it he cut the tag but then again that was our agreement leaves us with 1 tag apiece yet till the end of the season:-)

303Fan
12-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh ya the thing hanging out of my mouth may kill me but i thought i was already dead the way i feel damn cold:mad:

ElectricDyck
12-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Congrats on the big BT! Nothing like a smoke after a little excitement!:grin:

proguide66
12-02-2008, 12:12 AM
O M G !.......

Hunterguy
12-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Like Ted Peck used to say be a true sportsman and smoke Sportsman Cigarettes.

115 or bust
12-02-2008, 12:23 AM
O M G !.......

Ditto
Thats a once in a lifetimer let alone a first

NoLimit99
12-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Oh man larry thats a brute, tell Darryl congrats he finally bagged his first one.... it's a nice first deer you guys will remember that one for a while.

hunter1947
12-02-2008, 05:43 AM
That buck is a brute of a buck ,when you are in your truck or other and and driving on the back roads ,the passenger always have one bullet in your hand and the gun with the action open ready to go.

I hope your bother is getting a head mount on this big buck.
He might never get another as the likes of this one,

You don't get them any better then this buck and what a lucky person to get a dandy one like this for his first ,I would go but some lotto ticks if I was your brother LOL.
Congrats to your brother and you on getting this fine BT backhttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

303Fan
12-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Ya we wil remember this one for along time to come Darryl almost started to get sick when it came time to gut him but he made it next time should be easier for him now haha.
The head is allready at the taxidermest.

sneg
12-02-2008, 08:59 AM
nice buck.congrats.