PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for TAG SOUP? Anyone? :-(

MDG3
12-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Anyone have a recipe for tag soup?

LEH (moose 5-02) empty

Mulie tag (tried region 5, 8, 3, 2) empty :redface:

I guess I just have to put in my time. Oh well, it been fun anyways, seen more wildlife than any other years but of the antlerless variety.

rocksteady
12-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I am sure Ali has a better one than me but here is the basics, spice it up to your liking:

add 2 bottles favorite hard liquor:grin:
3 cups of self-pity:???:
2 tablespoons of bitterness:evil:
3 sprigs of fresh envy:mrgreen:
2 pounds of self doubt (chopped fine)

put it all together, simmer for the next 9 months, then it will be a new season of hunting with renewed optimism.....

We have all been there at one time or another....

Maybe no meat in the freezer, but I am hoping you still enjoyed yourself in the rgeat outdoors, hopefully with good friends...

MDG3
12-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Best time of my life. NO REGRETS what so ever. My brother was my hunting partner (we haven't done any fishing/camping/ hunting in years) so it was great!

newhunterette
12-01-2008, 08:56 PM
here ya go - my recipe is in this thread :)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=27636

MDG3
12-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks Ali,

Good thread there, might have to try it. :-)

hunter1947
12-02-2008, 06:52 AM
One WT tag that is tag soup for this cowboy.

hannibal
12-02-2008, 07:09 AM
I'll be eating my tag soup while talking about bear hunting, turkey, and shed hunting. Forever the optimist. :smile: I still have 2 more days I can get out for archery, and months of rabbit, and predators. Ya gotta stay positive, and failing that, stay stubborn, don't give up.

sawmill
12-02-2008, 07:36 AM
I am sure Ali has a better one than me but here is the basics, spice it up to your liking:

add 2 bottles favorite hard liquor:grin:
3 cups of self-pity:???:
2 tablespoons of bitterness:evil:
3 sprigs of fresh envy:mrgreen:
2 pounds of self doubt (chopped fine)

put it all together, simmer for the next 9 months, then it will be a new season of hunting with renewed optimism.....

We have all been there at one time or another....

Maybe no meat in the freezer, but I am hoping you still enjoyed yourself in the rgeat outdoors, hopefully with good friends...

That`s a good recipe but I only use a 1/4 cup of self pity and never use the bitterness.I subsistute them with 5 lbs of frosty mornings,10 lbs of excitement and at least one good friend.

longleader
12-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Yup, you just save up all your uncut tags over the years, then when you shoot that big late season rutty buck, throw in the tags to improve the flavour.:biggrin:

huntcoop
12-02-2008, 09:40 AM
26'r of Crown and a six pack of Pepsi mixed oh so gently with some ice cubes in a nice glass etched with your favorite teams logo, put up 'ur feet and begin to countdown the days till ya get to do it all over again.

MDG3
12-04-2008, 09:11 PM
26'r of Crown and a six pack of "Sprite" mixed oh so gently with some ice cubes in a nice glass etched with your favorite teams logo, put up 'ur feet and begin to countdown the days till ya get to do it all over again.

I particularly like this one. Yup this is the one I'm goin' to use over the long winter season. :wink:

Thanks to all. My recipe book is getting full. :lol: Might have to get a bigger book. :wink:

Legi0n
12-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Anyone have a recipe for tag soup?

LEH (moose 5-02) empty

Mulie tag (tried region 5, 8, 3, 2) empty :redface:

I guess I just have to put in my time. Oh well, it been fun anyways, seen more wildlife than any other years but of the antlerless variety.

Just add some paper targets and you're in for a treat.
Now, when targets are in range, aim for the young ones or else you'll find out how incredibly tough they can be :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

dirtybucker
12-05-2008, 12:48 PM
ill be adding a dash of elk and a pinch of black bear to my soup this year..oh well it was still a pretty good year for me