PDA

View Full Version : Great start, poor ending!

lightmag
11-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Well tomorrow another season comes to an end for those of us without late draws. Unfortunatly i'm working today and tomorrow and unable to get out!!!

The season started great with tagging my 6x6 elk on sept 14th. But it was all slow going after that. With no moose draw it was a tough go looking for 2pts and calves and neither crossed my path. As for deer, well, tough year up here, was out a number of times in great deer country with no success, to be honest i saw very few deer of any kind, unusual, and i've heard the same from a number of hunters up here, and not "road" hunters either.

I can't really complain thought with the year i had last year, especially the ending with my 5x4 muley on Nov. 30 @ 4:10pm, lol.. and then staring this year with a mature elk! All i know is that i'm sad/depressed this year is over and excited for next year (spring bear) already!! I hope the winter goes quickly.

Congrats to everyone who connected this year!

lightmag

moosinaround
11-30-2008, 09:06 AM
I hear yah! Last year we tagged an elk, bear, moose and mulie. This year it was a mulie buck! I seen lots of critters, some legal, just didn't quite work out timing wise! Oh well if it was easy it would be shopping, not hunting! Good luck next year! Moosin

ianwuzhere
11-30-2008, 09:32 AM
ya i still have all my tags- i did see many animals, more than last year- only 5 bucks none bigger than 3pnts around the pg area. luck wasnt with me this year.
the hobbies have changed to ice fishin season now!!
Cant wait to hit all the lakes up and many ive never tried before...