PDA

View Full Version : Ok....OK....OK...opinion time........

silvercreek20
11-30-2008, 12:12 AM
First of all, all these animals have their tongues in and are dressed up for the picture..........lol.......just kidding, I know that thread got a little heated. SO....the question I have is, Why don't we have a doe season in region 5? It is getting crazy out here in Williams Lake. I see at least 2 or 3 dead deer every day on my way to work at the mine at this time of year. Wouldn't you thing ICBC would try to involve themselves in trying to stop sky rocketing insurance rates? I could see maybe not having a season EVERY year but how about an opening every three or four years? I know the trophy hunters out there are saying, nah.....but seriously..I think we have a problem out here. The government has started working on solutions with the farming and ranching communities out here to fund them for lost crops etc. These pics were from this week in my neighbors yard. We live about 200 yards from the hospital. I know some people might say that when the winter gets a tad hard the deer will come in for easy feeds but we haven't really even had a snowfall yet, or cold temps to speak of.....just looking for some idea's????

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/silvercreek20/deer1.jpg

todbartell
11-30-2008, 12:28 AM
antlerless season is via LEH

silvercreek20
11-30-2008, 12:35 AM
antlerless season is via LEH

Yah I know that but it doesn't seem to dwindle the deer population at all. I would think they either need to triple the LEH draws or make a season?

todbartell
11-30-2008, 12:40 AM
In certain areas that is probably a good idea. Where I had my doe draw in 5-02D, the deer seemed to be spread out fairly thin.