PDA

View Full Version : how much snow @ pink mountain?

Woodrow
11-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Getting ready for a bison hunt in the pink mountain area. Does anyone know for sure how much snow is up there?

trigger
11-29-2008, 07:56 AM
not to sure. i would say no more than two feet, if that even, but dont quote me

Dirty
11-29-2008, 08:10 AM
www.weather.ca, there you go.

Kody94
11-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Phone here... Mae's Kitchen (http://www.foodinc.ca/2507723215/index.html) (250) 772-3215

todbartell
11-29-2008, 09:50 AM
is that why you're growing that beard, to look like a bison?

Schmaus
11-29-2008, 10:01 AM
My dad is heading there on friday and the cabin he is staying at the guy said there is around a foot of snow.

Woodrow
11-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks guys, im trying to figure what I need quad or sled.

goatdancer
11-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Phone here... Mae's Kitchen (http://www.foodinc.ca/2507723215/index.html) (250) 772-3215

You have to stop there for a meal. It has awesome food.

daycort
11-29-2008, 04:10 PM
I have about 5 inches of snow in the Halfway River Valley. It is warm right now and although I haven't been on top of pink for a few weeks I don't think the snow is all that deep. I willing to bet it is less then a foot.

As for Mae's Kitchen, I do beleive they are using there kitchen and hotel as a camp and I don't think they make meals for people that are not staying in the camp. Again that could have changed in the last month as well.

ABDUKNUT
11-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Mae's Kitchen will feed anybody, and does have great food.

There's maybe 10cm of snow, tops. Lately the daytime temps have been above freezing, but it will be getting colder in the next 3-4 days according
to the forecast.

hope this helps.

elkdom
11-30-2008, 11:52 AM
good food at the BUCKINGHORSE Inn, also gasoline,diesel open after dark! lol

the Sasquatch Inn is open food, gas, diesel, less than impressive!, the Sikkanni Store and Cabins and Campsites are closed for the winter!!, the Pink Mountain Campsite, sells booze, gas, diesel, propane, tobacco,is open but in in Poor Condition and looks much like a garbage dump!!, the Pink Mountain Esso and Hotel has horrible food,prices EEEE GAWD!! ,,,and everytime for last 6 months I drive past Mea's Kitchen there is a big sign at the driveway says Mae's KItchen Closed!!, although I heard from some "rig ratz" that Mae's kitchen operates as a remote camp daily rates $200 per day per person for bunk and food! and if you are looking for rooms,,, GOOD luck! most everthing is booked for winter by construction workers,,,,,,,, as for snow there is next to nothing now, but up there next morning could be 2 feet, so you takes your chances, day to day,,,,,

daycort
11-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Mae's Kitchen will feed anybody, and does have great food

Mae's Kitchen will not feed the public. They are running it as a camp. Very warm here still and you could drive a quad anywhere. But the ranchers are using there sleds now to.

elkdom
11-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Mae's Kitchen will not feed the public. They are running it as a camp. Very warm here still and you could drive a quad anywhere. But the ranchers are using there sleds now to.

STANGE weather for sure this fall/winter so far for sure! about 4 above my place this morning, funny thing yesterday I saw about 40 elk running accross the lake here! they crossed about 500 yards of frozen water and so far there is no WAY!! I would venture out on that ice! funny how animals have sense for stuff like that!

daycort
11-30-2008, 12:53 PM
yesterday I saw about 40 elk running accross the lake here!

All the elk and buffalo are waiting on either side of the river waiting to cross the ice, some are not brave enough yet. It is funny how the grass is always greener on the other side

funny how animals have sense for stuff like that!

One of my saddle horses fell through the dug out 2 weeks ago after he walked across it. Thank god he fell through in the shallow part. I just busted him out with an axe.