PDA

View Full Version : SSSHHHHH brought home some Christmas Presents

waistdeep
11-28-2008, 05:36 PM
I just bought 3 530HCx for my boys. Love to hunt with them but we all have said many times we wish we had two ways and we know were each other are when we split off on a mountain side. Saw these units and yep those should be great under the tree. Anyone have any experience with these units?:smile:

jessonml
11-28-2008, 05:41 PM
yes they are awesome. Just get on the same channel and click the talk button every once in a while and you'll know where everyone is. You can set vibrate too so when someone is calling you nothing will spook.
Take some time to learn the functions and set everything up and you'll be really happy with your purchase.
3 of my friends have them and we're happy. The range is very dependent on terrain though. In the bush, 3 kms is all you should really expect.
Matt

moosegoof
12-03-2008, 08:52 PM
they are great,we had 5 of them in elk camp and 3 in moose camp,theyare great to locate buddies and game. the topo maps also very helpfull

mark
12-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Where did ya get them, and how much???

jayrod
12-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Careful Dad....It's a good thing I didn't see this before Christmas!!! Anyways thank you so much, I took it for a hike today with the puppy and the Topog has much greater detail than the Magellan 1500 touch screen. Anyone looking to buy a Magellan 1500?

NaStY
12-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Sure hope you got the 3watt ones. Work way better than the others. I finally bought the headsets for mine and really like that idea...

waistdeep
12-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Careful Dad....It's a good thing I didn't see this before Christmas!!! Anyways thank you so much, I took it for a hike today with the puppy and the Topog has much greater detail than the Magellan 1500 touch screen. Anyone looking to buy a Magellan 1500?
Merry Christmas son:p

rishu_pepper
12-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Where did ya get them, and how much???

I would like to know this too :D Me and my buddy have been thinking about getting a pair.

Caveman
12-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Doing a little Googling they seem to run about $400-$500 US or $700+/pair in the states

$519 CAN at gpscity.ca

http://www.gpscity.ca/item-garmin-rino-530hcx-canada-radio-gps/rino530hcxcan.htm

Dirty
12-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Get the Mapsource program and update it right away. There will be a link on it so that when you upload your GPS waypoints and tracks you can open them in Google Earth. It is a very neat feature to use. If you don't want to download Google Earth or don't have Mapsource installed. Go to Google Maps type in the coordinates of your waypoints and look them up. You can switch from topo to satellite to road maps on there. It is pretty darned cool and one of my favorite features of the Garmin GPS's.

Beaverhunter
12-27-2008, 09:19 AM
I bought mine in the states because they have a longer range for the 2 way radios.

NaStY
12-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Get the Mapsource program and update it right away. There will be a link on it so that when you upload your GPS waypoints and tracks you can open them in Google Earth. It is a very neat feature to use. If you don't want to download Google Earth or don't have Mapsource installed. Go to Google Maps type in the coordinates of your waypoints and look them up. You can switch from topo to satellite to road maps on there. It is pretty darned cool and one of my favorite features of the Garmin GPS's.

Apparently there is something i didn't know. How do you upload tracks in google?