PDA

View Full Version : Last Weekend for Region 4 Whitey Bucks

aletheuo
11-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Not sure about the other regions but it's gonna be busy tomorrow and Sunday in region 4 - stay safe everyone and if you are rattling leave your antlers below your waist :p

Look forward to hearing stories and pics posted.

J_T
11-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Yup, can't wait for it to end. (no offence to rifle hunting, just that it means I'm closer to when I get to go out) Been working on the road most of teh fall. Hunting vacation starts Dec 9th - 20th. Gotta get those Christmas lights up, shopping done etc so we can enjoy the fantastic late season WT hunt. Less snow this year though.

The only regret I have is that KHWAC has a meeting in the middle of it. Andy...... (we interupt this hunt... to bring you a meeting)

aletheuo
11-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Less snow this year though.

How 'bout "no snow this year, though." There's always tonight or tomorrow night. Forecast doesn't look good, though.

no offence to rifle hunting

No offense taken - anything with a bow is amazing. Another flat top bow season Dec 1-20, right?

sawmill
11-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I`ve been working out Gold Creek way this week and Whities are moving hard out there,had a 4 pnt. chase a doe right through the yard when we were having coffee break.They seem to be running all day too.The rut is on,regardless of snow.It is cold though,-12 last 2 mornings.That helps.Besides if you only got layed once a year you wouldn`t care if it was raining frogs:biggrin:

rocksteady
11-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Going out with a friend tomorrow...First whitey with antler(s) becomes sausauge (and pepporoni and salami and jerky and smokies)....:razz::razz:

11-28-2008, 07:06 PM
good luck you guys.

sawmill
11-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Going out with a friend tomorrow...First whitey with antler(s) becomes sausauge (and pepporoni and salami and jerky and smokies)....:razz::razz:
Good luck Rock.Same here..

ThisIsLiving
11-28-2008, 07:49 PM
yea my dad got a 4 point last weekend and im going out in region 8 tommorow with the bow then reg 3 sunday for both good luck all.... im stoked to get the antlers out this year hopefully i can get some decent footage my buddy i just talked to on the phone was saying they are moving all day :)

Everett
11-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Took a little 4pt yesterday but have to take the wife out tommorow to try and find her a buck I exspect it will be a zoo.

hunter1947
11-29-2008, 05:08 AM
Im headed out this morning to try to call in a cat or a wolf will see what happens ???..

finish
11-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Good luck Everyone!!! Be safe and kill something BIG!!

rocksteady
12-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Went out Saturday and Sunday...No bucks seen....Oh well, give them a week or so then I can get out the crossbow and try again...

aletheuo
12-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Ditto - no bucks either. I've called it quits for the year as I haven't invested in a bow yet.

sawmill
12-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Yup,no bucks either,well,we did see a big beastie buck chasing a doe but it was right on the hiway 3 miles out of town.No chance at it.My buddy filled his leh doe tag so at least thats hanging in the shop,gives me something to do on Saterday.

aletheuo
12-01-2008, 08:20 PM
...My buddy filled his leh doe tag so at least thats hanging in the shop,gives me something to do on Saterday.

Does your buddy kinda look like a computer geek with camo and roundish glasses?? :biggrin: