PDA

View Full Version : Tulameen

ZENYO
11-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Well, it looks like I will be going to tulameen for a day hunt. Anyone have a report on the road conditions? I think we are going in from the Coquihalla side, I've never been ther before.

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-28-2008, 09:24 AM
I hope you have a snowmobile.

Leaseman
11-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Hmmmm. thought it closed ther on the 11th.....

stroh72
11-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Better check the regs !!! Deer have been closed for almost 3 weeks. Probably lots of snow near the top. Stay on the Coq. go into reg 3.

ZENYO
11-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Realy? That much snow eh?

I've never been and I have no idea what it's like out there. Just looking for a decent day trip spot...

ZENYO
11-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Reg 3 was our original plan but my partner doesn't want to drive out that far....Reg 8 is closed region 2 is still open.

BearSniper
11-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Zenyo

If you want a quick easy day trip to region 3 off the Coquihalla, try the Murray lake exit. It's actually Juliet creek exit. You can drive as high up as you are able.

It's about 5 minutes north of the old toll booth and branches off to the west.

Tons of good logging roads up there, and there has been a bit more snow lately. Good luck

BearSniper

Steeleco
11-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Two things! There's little hunting area in Reg 2 that's on the east side of the coq, at least near the highway because it's right near the highway!!
Archery is still open white tails.

If going to Murray, take the Kingsvale way in. I was up there last weekend, and unless it's rained lots the short cut from Julliet creek is scary bordering on dangerous. We needed 4 low to get down it last week. Lots of hidden compacted icy spots that might make for a bad day.

ZENYO
11-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Two things! There's little hunting area in Reg 2 that's on the east side of the coq, at least near the highway because it's right neat the highway!!

You're absolutely right... Looks like we are looking for a new spot.

Thanks BearSniper and Steelco for the Murray Lake info.