PDA

View Full Version : Last weekend for Grouse!

one-shot-wonder
11-27-2008, 10:16 AM
With the grouse season closing at the end of the month, I was just wondering if anybody will be heading out on a bird hunt this weekend for one last bang!
Grouse hunting in the late season, do you target areas with no snow, try to catch birds pecking gravel still, well then this year your in luck!

In the late season do you find the grouse have changed diets from grasses & clover to needles and forage in the timber......

For the boys tagged out it is their last chance to jam some more meat in those stocked freezers......or is it football season?

weatherby_man
11-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm also going to head out grousing this weekend but dont know what to expect. I havent hunted grouse this late before so I may be just going for a walk.

Wildfoot
11-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Seen more ruffies in the last couple days than the rest of the season combined! i have been seeing them on old grown-in roads right at snowline.

But I think im going to focus on waterfowl this year, 1 goose = 6 or more grouse!

one-shot-wonder
11-27-2008, 11:51 AM
It's been a great year for ruff grouse!

Get out there, take a youth! Nothing more fun than head hunting for the ditch chickens!:p

How ironic, I am having grouse for dinner tonight!

Dirty
11-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Leave some for seed, yeah they are open still, but leave what are left to make more for next year. If you must I heard there are a few left around Harrison.

Leaseman
11-27-2008, 12:44 PM
First year we haven't shot any ruffed or foolhen.... saw a total of three in the area we deer hunt over three 2 day trips..... on the other hand, saw more big blues than ever before!!

sneg
11-27-2008, 01:48 PM
have fun.I think it is gonna be raining in LM this weekend. Grouse ussually sit in the trees when rain

Lone Ranger
11-28-2008, 02:14 AM
I've been out a few places now behind Stave Lake, Chilliwack and such, and I haven't seen a thing (which is pretty odd). See lots of rabbits, but no grouse so far. I think I've only seen one this year in Princeton, is it just a slow year for them?? LR

doubled
11-28-2008, 06:41 AM
Going for a quad ride and will take my 22. Hopefully get a few for some nuggets.

sawmill
11-28-2008, 06:49 AM
I`ve seen 3 ruffs in 3 months.My .22 is rusting!

huntwriter
11-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Yep I am heading out a few times before the season closes and hopefully will limit out each trip as I did in the past. My wife loves grouse and has ordered me to restock the freezer. These are orders I willingly follow with a smile on my face.:smile: Getting ready while I write this to fill orders on ducks and geese this morning.

calvin L
11-28-2008, 08:25 AM
One shot wonder pick up your bow there still open in reg 8 :razz:

one-shot-wonder
11-28-2008, 09:14 AM
One shot wonder pick up your bow there still open in reg 8 :razz:

I retired from that game last year.....sold'er man :-o

Besides I am tagged out, also too many errands and junk to do this weekend, all backlogged from 2 months of hunting I guess.....:redface: