PDA

View Full Version : hunting mulies region 5 late nov

trigger78
11-26-2008, 11:13 PM
i have gone hunting in region 5 before , but it was early season . i am new to hunting the rut so i was looking for some tips on the rut , and if i have completely missed it what is the best way to hunt these sneeky buggers late in the season.? p.s. starting to get frusterated.

silvercreek20
11-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Go to where you know the does will be this time of season. In region 5 they winter along the fraser. With that said you really have to watch for private property . Almost have to know where you are going. Watch the edges of the blocks of fields. They will be hanging around. This last week of opening season is the best as far as i am concerned for this area. If we had snow, which we don't, find a nice track and look for the drag marks of their feet. When in the rut the deer will drag his feet through the snow instead of picking them up..........good luck......only 4 days left....

trigger78
11-27-2008, 07:12 PM
thanks for the tips i will definetly try them and let you now how it works out .We are going to the canim lake area though so i wiil try and persuede my buddy to try down near the fraser though .