PDA

View Full Version : storage and cutters

greenbike1
09-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey
Where are the links to the storage and cutting part of the website. I can't find it anywhere. You guys should at least have a link to the Dept. of agriculture or the usda showing the cow and where to not turn this part into hamburger.:biggrin:

brotherjack
09-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey
Where are the links to the storage and cutting part of the website. I can't find it anywhere. You guys should at least have a link to the Dept. of agriculture or the usda showing the cow and where to not turn this part into hamburger.:biggrin:

The Wife (tm) and I hang and cut all our own meat. I thought it would be hard the first time we did it, but really, it comes as one big piece (an animal) - and we cut it into smaller pieces we think we would like to eat sometime. Anything too tough, or too confusing, we make hamburger out of. Works for us anyway. :wink:

greenbike1
09-27-2005, 11:21 PM
chainsaw and canola oil it is. The wife and I hate the aftertaste that walmart bar oil leaves after you buck off a nice roast fer eatin Sunday night.

Ronforca
09-28-2005, 06:37 AM
We do the same as Brotherjack.Seems to work for us.Not too hard once you get into it.The main things are a good meat grinder,meat saw,and some sharp knives.
Very important.Wrap your meat tightly in Saran wrap before you wrap it in the brown wrapping paper.It takes all of the air out and the meat keeps much better.:)

grizz
09-28-2005, 09:28 AM
We use the chainsaw with no oil.There is plenty of lube in the meat to lube the saw.
grizz