PDA

View Full Version : How to confuse a CO? - Just ask them....

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Whether or not it's legal to snare snowshoe hares because,

*they are not fur bearning animals
*you beleive you can trap them under your hunting license
*you are using less than 20 guage wire
*the other CO said so

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Ask him wither you can duck hunt with target arrows....:-P

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Ask him whether you are allowed to hunt with a two handed pellet gun with a 12.5 inch barrel and a folding stock....

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Ask him what part of the deer is considered the carcuss when you debone a deer in the field and pack it out....

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Ask him whether you have to leave a 6 inch patch of fur on a piece of meat that is under 6 inches wide on a deboned deer.

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Ask him if you shoot a mechanical deer on a property behind a fence that you have permission to hunt on do you have to pay to fix the deer, or do you charge the CO with trepassing?

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Ask him if you shoot two deer with one bullet is that one tag or two?

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Ask him if a bullet ricochets and kills a second deer by accident is your buddy allow to cut his tag for the second deer, if he had to shoot it again after you shot it.

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Ask them if you can hunt in Surrey, Coquitlam or Maple Ridge with a bow... (this should confuse him for hours)

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Ask him if it's legal to cut your tag after shooting a grizzly if, when Grizzly hunting with a friend, who isn't hunting, (no gun) had to use your gun to save you because the bear was mauling you. (but your friend is wearing camo)

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Whether they had considered areoplan miles for turning people in using the RAPP line.

ie: bigger the crime, more points you get

Double for turning yourself in...

LMAO

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:34 PM
If you can keep roadkill when you hit a Muley and only have a white tail tag in your pocket.

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Ask them if you need a fishing license when duck hunting and using a fishing rod to retreive the duck in a pond stocked with illegal bass.

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Ask them if it's legal to use a treble hook to retreive the duck if the lake you are hunting on is single barbless only.

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Whether if you shot at a 4x3 in 4 pt only season, but hit him in the horn and knocked off the 4th point, whether you could take a second shot. (because now he is a 3x3)

ok your turn!

BearSniper
11-26-2008, 10:47 PM
You've been consuming alcohol tonight haven't you ?;)

Pretty bold questions.

If I met a C.O. in the bush, I'd just call him SIR and answer his questions.

Then I'd offer him a nice cold Beer;)

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Ask him if you can go get your beer out of the truck because it's getting warm

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 10:51 PM
LMAO Sniper.....

Here is one for ya...

Ask him why he couldn't make it as a cop?

BearSniper
11-26-2008, 10:54 PM
oooooooohhhhh ouch

That might be too much.:? What if he's the sensitive type and REALLY knows his regs? He'll likely find something on you [us] me.

Actually for the deep questions you've listed here, you'd be a pretty safe guy to hunt with. Nothing like a good legal mind when it come to the intricacies of the regs.:-P

PGK
11-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Ask them if it's legal to use a treble hook to retreive the duck if the lake you are hunting on is single barbless only.

LEGAL! Bin dere done dat!!!

o2fish2day
11-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Ah Sniper, my nights are filled with combing over the regs, and maps, then the regs....only to have more questions pop into my head.... such as

If a provincial park falls under municipal boundaries, but you are allowed to hunt in the park, however there is a firearm ban in the municipality...can you bow hunt the area?

Steeleco
11-26-2008, 11:17 PM
On some roll tonight HUH?? Some of these questions actually have merrit.

mrdoog
11-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Can I have your toothbrush?

o2fish2day
11-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Whoah! I just noticed I am now a senior member.... I should have the answers by now!

Johnnybear
11-27-2008, 12:19 AM
I just want to be there when he get's stopped by one and see the sh*t fest:lol:.

Cheap entertainment. Kinda like this thread:D.

cooter
11-27-2008, 05:18 AM
Ask him wither you can duck hunt with target arrows....:-P

I had been told by a Vancouver island CO that I could hunt for ducks and geese with field point but did use broad heads for geese. Only rule was that bow must follow regulation hunting weight. rule may have changed since 88 tho lol

Fisher-Dude
11-27-2008, 06:43 AM
LEGAL! Bin dere done dat!!!

Based on past performance, I don't think I'd trust Kris's interpretation of too many fishing regs.

I think a bit of respect for your COs will go a long way. A smart-assed attitude with them gets you on the "known to the COs list", and possibly a ticket in a gray area that costs you a day's pay to sit in a court room disputing it. A bit of respect for their authority will earn you a friend, rather than an "enemy".

Bizarre how some people's minds work. :neutral:

sawmill
11-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Based on past performance, I don't think I'd trust Kris's interpretation of too many fishing regs.

I think a bit of respect for your COs will go a long way. A smart-assed attitude with them gets you on the "known to the COs list", and possibly a ticket in a gray area that costs you a day's pay to sit in a court room disputing it. A bit of respect for their authority will earn you a friend, rather than an "enemy".

Bizarre how some people's minds work. :neutral:

I agree,it`s like cops,if you don`t be an asshole chances are they won`t either.After all,they hold the hammer.Gun and Badge trumps attitude every time.
That being said,don`t get bulldozed by some power freak, just be polite and take it to court if you are right.Then ask the judge for compensation for losing a days work.Then move to another town.8-)

BearSniper
11-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Well said Fisher-dude

A good attitude is everything in life. It's even useful at work and at home- especially with the significant other.

rishu_pepper
11-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Whoa post count spiking alert! ;)

boxhitch
11-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Ask him what constitutes edible portions if your gut is intolerent of wild meat.
Or what 'including four quarters and the loins' means if you are not quartering your animal.

Querks of the regs , good humour, and no disrespect.

Steeleco
11-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Ask him what constitutes edible portions

Querks of the regs , good humour, and no disrespect.

Interesting, there are members here that eat most if not all of the stomach organs. Tripe!! I won't even feed that too my dog and she loves venison :roll:

BCHunterFSJ
11-27-2008, 11:11 AM
This has been one hell of a thread! Some of you guys must really have too much time on your hands... Please note that some of the CO's in the Peace region have absolutely no sense of humour!!

pikey
11-27-2008, 11:39 AM
You are off your meds again......... aren't you???? :)

KevinB
11-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Awww, c'mon everyone, lighten up! :razz: I don't think he's serious. If he is, I still think this is the funniest post I've seen here in awhile. In my head I heard all those questions asked in a nice english John Cleese voice. I can see this all in a new Monty Python skit...

o2fish2day
11-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Ask them if baiting a deer with apples is leagal if it brings a bear to your treestand.

husky30-06
11-27-2008, 08:14 PM
LMAO Sniper.....

Here is one for ya...

Ask him why he couldn't make it as a cop?

HOLY CRAP, I know of one CO who was a VPD officer. he was let go!!!!!!!! LMAO

we once had a CO stop us on the road up north, we invited him back to camp for curry chicken, smok'n stuff too.

o2fish2day
11-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Well said Fisher-dude

A good attitude is everything in life. It's even useful at work and at home- especially with the significant other.

My wife contacted you didn't she.....

Salty
11-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Ask them if baiting a deer with apples is leagal if it brings a bear to your treestand.

POST WHORE

Jelvis
11-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Ask him, "How much of the elk meat you will get out in region 4, if it's way back in grizzly and wolf country?" That really gets good answers from everyone not just a co. Get ready to duck tho cuz you'll get spit flyin. Of course everyone knows the answer anyways. Read the reg's---tells you very clear. lol.
Jel-how much elk meat will you get out from grizzly country in reg 4? Now duck! lol.

o2fish2day
11-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Ask him, "How much of the elk meat you will get out in region 4, if it's way back in grizzly and wolf country?" That really gets good answers from everyone not just a co. Get ready to duck tho cuz you'll get spit flyin. Of course everyone knows the answer anyways. Read the reg's---tells you very clear. lol.
Jel-how much elk meat will you get out from grizzly country in reg 4? Now duck! lol.

Ya I hear ya Jel, it's like the time I shot that Whitetail on Hurrling Island....look out!

Prowler
11-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Ask him whether you have to leave a 6 inch patch of fur on a piece of meat that is under 6 inches wide on a deboned deer.

:p:lol::grin::biggrin:

eastkoot
11-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Ask him if you piss him off whether you will be issued a violation or two???

Legi0n
11-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Ask them if you can hunt in Surrey, Coquitlam or Maple Ridge with a bow... (this should confuse him for hours)

The Pinecone-Burke provincial park in Coquitlam is open for hunting but not with firearms. Go figure. How do I haul my trebuchet in there ?

Allen50
11-28-2008, 12:06 AM
intresting how some people look to have there day hunting interuped by saying bumb thing's to a CO,, yes there are some of these things that needed to be asked, but most should be when you walk into there office and ask them, not in the field where your hunting, and enjoying your day in the woods, intresting,,,, something to think about real long and hard,, is it all worth it??? ask yourself this before saying stupid something to the CO,,???

Caveman
11-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Whether they had considered areoplan miles for turning people in using the RAPP line.

ie: bigger the crime, more points you get

Double for turning yourself in...

LMAO

Now that's funny!!!!!

Caveman
11-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Please note that some of the CO's in the Peace region have absolutely no sense of humour!!

They have it removed as soon as it's confirmed they passed the test

hunter1947
11-28-2008, 08:15 AM
I have filled my tags ans will be headed out to try and call some wolfs in with my deer in distress caller ,if the CO stops me and looks at my hunting tags and sees that they are filled he might start wondering why I am out hunting when my license has no tags left to fill ????.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-28-2008, 10:35 AM
I have filled my tags ans will be headed out to try and call some wolfs in with my deer in distress caller ,if the CO stops me and looks at my hunting tags and sees that they are filled he might start wondering why I am out hunting when my license has no tags left to fill ????.

Go buy a cougar tag just in case....."in case" you get stopped and asked what you're hunting or "in case" you call one in with your distress call;-).

I saw fresh cougar tracks where I'm bow hunting for whities.......I've got my rifle handy in my tree and a tag for any cats that might come in to a doe call....you just never know.

SSS

FLHTCUI
11-28-2008, 12:46 PM
>A Newfie was stopped by a game
> warden recently with two ice chest
> Full of fish. He was leavin' a
> cove well-known for its fishing.
>
> The game warden asked the man,
> 'Do you have a license to catch
> those fish?'
> 'Naw, sir', replied the Newfie.
> 'I ain't got none of dem dere
> Licenses. I don't need one. You
> must understand, by, dese here is
> My pet fish.'
> 'Pet fish?'
>
> 'Yeah. Dat's de trut' bye. Every
> night, I take dese fish down to de
> Cove and let 'em swim 'round for
> awhile. Den, when I whistles, dey
> Jump right back into dese here
> ice chests and I takes 'em home.'
>
> 'That's a bunch of hooey! Fish
> can't do that.'
>
> The Newfie looked at the warden
> for a moment and then said, 'It's de
> Trut Mr. Government Man. I'll
> show ya. It really works.'
>
> 'O.K.', said the warden. 'I've
> got to see this!'
>
> The Newfie stood on a rock and
> poured the fish into the cove. Then
> He stood and looked out to sea.
>
> After several minutes, the warden
> says, 'Well?'
> 'Well, what?', says the Newf.
> The warden says, 'When are you
> going to call them back?'
> 'Call who back?'
>
> 'The FISH', replied the warden!
>
> 'What fish?', replied the Newfie.

Now I ask you "Was it Worth It?
Tight Lines on .
Rob

Dannybuoy
11-28-2008, 01:02 PM
No worries ... wolves , coyotes ... all you need is a valid licence

H Wally
11-28-2008, 01:32 PM
...is it legal to shoot a sasquatch if it's destroying your crops or harassing your livestock?

That aside, I don't have a problem with CO's. They've got a job to do, and many of them will be polite to you if you are to them. Keep in mind, they often are alone and dealing with people with guns in remote areas that may or may not be crazy, or breaking the law... CO's are bound to get a little short tempered on occasion.

FLHTCUI
11-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Come on guys, are we getting way to serious on here???
I'm sure the original thread starter was ment more tounge in cheek but if it wasnt then I need to get a life.
Rob

11-28-2008, 02:35 PM
LMAO
these are awesome.

GoatGuy
11-28-2008, 04:06 PM
>
> those fish?'
> My pet fish.'
> 'Pet fish?'
>
>
> can't do that.'
>
>
> got to see this!'
>
>
> says, 'Well?'
> 'Call who back?'
>
>

Tight Lines on .
Rob

That's some good stuff.

ElectricDyck
11-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Funny thread. Great Joke! Hilarius!

Not to get to serious but I heard from a CO in training that they pull their guns more often than RCMP. If they need a hand from police they are supposed to sit them down and let them know this is REAL and they may need to pull their guns and shoot and may get shot back at.
Every type of people in every job good and bad. I knew a guy growing up who was a bit of a goof and I heard he is now a CO. I hope he never stops me, and doesn't remember I made out with his girlfriend once and I hope he doesn't have internet!:biggrin:

4pointer
11-28-2008, 10:39 PM
A little off topic but there is a female CO working in 3-30 area. Dont ever get stopped by her, she thinks she got power over us men or something. She "yelled" at me like I was serial killer(of people) or something and I knew no english(funny cuz I had the highest score in all my English 12 class). She taking her job too serious. Lucky I didnt do nuthing wrong.

elkdom
11-28-2008, 11:33 PM
a CO stops a pic-up near the BC - Alberta boundary,

CO approaches the pic-up and notices 2 dead mallard ducks in the box,

CO says to driver, step out of truck please,

Guy in camo steps out of truck,

CO says where did you shoot ducks? BC or Alberta?

Guy in camo says, over that way a bit!

CO says "BC or Alberta"???

Guy in camo shrugs??

CO is now getting a bit pissed off, so the CO pics up a duck turns it upside down, gently rubs ducks arse with index finger, then sniffs his finger, CO then looks guy with camo jacket in the eye and says "this ducks from Alberta" !!

CO says "NOW answer me"! as he picks up second duck from truck box, again the CO rubs ducks arse with his finger and then sniffs his finger! and then the CO exclaims! "this duck is also from Alberta"! the CO drops ducks back into the truck box.

now the CO looks the guy in camo in the eye with a STERN look and says! "WHERE ARE YOU FROM"???

the guy in camo slowly turns away, from the CO, with one smooth motion pulls his pants and underwear down to his ankles remaining bent over and politly answers the CO,

YOUR SO DAMM GOOD AT YOUR JOB !!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,, YOU TELL ME!!!

bruin
11-29-2008, 12:54 AM
>
> those fish?'
> My pet fish.'
> 'Pet fish?'
>
>
> can't do that.'
>
>
> got to see this!'
>
>
> says, 'Well?'
> 'Call who back?'
>
>

Tight Lines on .
Rob

That's good enough to send on e-mail, nice one!

hunter1947
11-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Go buy a cougar tag just in case....."in case" you get stopped and asked what you're hunting or "in case" you call one in with your distress call;-).

I saw fresh cougar tracks where I'm bow hunting for whities.......I've got my rifle handy in my tree and a tag for any cats that might come in to a doe call....you just never know.

SSS

Thats a good idea SSS I have already picked one up ,good thinking on your part http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

o2fish2day
11-29-2008, 10:55 AM
A couple went on vacation to a fishing resort in northern BC. The husband liked to fish at the crack of dawn. The wife liked to read. One morning the husband returned after several hours of fishing and decided to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decided to take the boat out.

She motored out a short distance, anchored, and continued to
read her book.

Along came Conservation Officer Jimmy in his boat. He pulled up
alongside the woman and said,

" Good morning Ma'am. What are you doing?"

"Reading a book," she replied, (thinking "isn't that obvious?")

"You're in a restricted fishing area," he informed her.

"I'm sorry officer, but I'm not fishing, I'm reading."

"Yes, but you have all the equipment. I'll have to take you in
and write you up."

"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," said
the woman.

"But I haven't even touched you," said the C.O.

"That's true, but you have all the equipment."

o2fish2day
11-29-2008, 11:08 AM
True Fishing Definitions
Catch and Release
A conservation motion that happens most often right before the local Fish and Game officer pulls a sportsman over.

Hook
(1) A curved piece of metal used to catch fish.
(2) A clever advertisement to entice a fisherman to spend his life savings on a new rod and reel.
(3) The punch administered by said fisherman's wife after he spends their life savings (see also, Right Hook, Left Hook).

Line
Something you give your co-workers when they ask on Monday how your hunting or fishing went the past weekend.

Lure
An object that is semi-enticing to fish, but will drive an angler into such a frenzy that he will charge his credit card to the limit before exiting the tackle shop.

Reel
A weighted object that causes a rod to sink quickly when dropped overboard.

Rod
An attractively painted length of fiberglass that keeps an angler from ever getting too close to a fish.

School
A grouping in which fish are taught to avoid your $29.99 lures and hold out for spam instead.

Tackle
What your last catch did to you as you reeled him in... just before he wrestled free and jumped back overboard.

Tackle Box
A box shaped alarmingly like your comprehensive first aid kit. Only a tackle box contains many sharp objects, so that when you reach in the wrong box blindly to get a Band Aid, you soon find that you need more than one.

Test
(1) The amount of strength a fishing line affords an angler when fighting fish in a specific weight range.
(2) A measure of your creativity in blaming "that darn line" for once again losing the fish.

o2fish2day
11-29-2008, 11:15 AM
One night during the local deer hunting season a conservation officer was staking out a particularly rowdy group of hunters. He followed the hunters to a bar where they were for many hours. Suspecting they had been poaching, he calls the RCMP for backup.

The officer arrives and both men hid in a bush in the local parking lot. At closing time, they watch one of the hunters tumble out of the bar, trip on the curb, then try his keys in five different cars before he found his. He sat in the front seat fumbling around with his keys for several minutes.

While this was going on all the other deer hunters left the bar and drove off. Finally he started his engine and began to pull away. The police officer and CO, waiting for him stopped the driver, checked the vehicle and administered the Breathalyzer test. They didn't find anything and the results showed of the breathaliyzer showed a reading of 0.00.

The puzzled officer demanded to know how that could be. The deer hunter replied, "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

o2fish2day
11-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Ok I have to know,

How many of you guys are actually researching those questions...

:razz::razz::razz:

o2fish2day
11-29-2008, 11:46 AM
A man and his friend were enjoying Deer Hunting Season in Surrey BC near a blacktop highway. A huge buck walked by and the hunter carefully drew his bow and took careful aim.

Before he could release his arrow, his friend pointed at a funeral procession passing on the road below their stand.

The hunter slowly let off the pressure on his bow, took off his hat, bowed his head and closed his eyes in prayer.

His friend was amazed. "Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen. You are the kindest man I have ever known."
The hunter shrugged. "Yeah, well, we were married for 35 years."

o2fish2day
11-29-2008, 11:51 AM
A deer hunter went on hunt near williams lake with his wife and mother-in-law. One evening, while still deep in the woods, the Mrs awoke to find her mother gone. Rushing to her husband, she insisted on them both trying to find her mother.

The hunter picked up his rifle, took a swig of whiskey, and started to look for her. In a clearing not far from the camp, they came upon a chilling sight: the mother-in-law was backed up against a thick, impenetrable bush, and a large bear stood facing her.

The wife cried, "What are we going to do?"
"Nothing," said the hunter husband. "The bear got itself into this mess, let him get himself out of it."

o2fish2day
11-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Ask him if you piss him off whether you will be issued a violation or two???

LMAO:-P:-P