PDA

View Full Version : dumb

sealevel
09-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Driving to work this morning i have some nice cutblocks to look at i see deer ofton i see a cow moose put the glasses on her its a imature bull . I say it s your luuky day if it was Oct 1 i would shoot you. My skidder is busted so i am in a hurry to get it fixed so i go and i`am wrenching the light flashes moose opened on the 20th. kick kick

Barracuda
09-27-2005, 07:23 PM
DOH!!!
thats ok one year(my first year hunting) I was enthusiasticly awaiting the opening of moose so I leave on the friday night set up camp and get up nice and early on my way out of camp i came across a group of three hunter . we talked for a bit and I asked if they had seen any moose sign and then I mentioned i was after my first Moose . Well they all kind of looked at each other and then told me that moose wasnt open yet . I said yes it was and i pulled out the regs and showed them( i carried them with me in those days ) and sure enough they agreed that Moose did open on the date posted , and then they kind of laughed and informed that i was a week early .:oops: :oops:

Steeleco
09-27-2005, 08:29 PM
I once stood looking down a hill at a sure fire shot at a VERY nice bear, but it was Sept 9th. The thoughts in my head were unprintable. Then moments after the bear moved off, the light went on and I remembered I was in Reg 8 not Reg 2 like normal opening day trips, bears had been open for 9 days already. :shock::shock:

lip_ripper00
09-27-2005, 08:52 PM
did you see a gut pile on the way home?........

willyqbc
09-27-2005, 09:00 PM
was hunting an area where there was an immature/mature season on moose. We ran into a camp of three fellows just packing up to leave after 10 days. They were going home empty handed and after talking with them a bit they started telling us about the 6 different bulls that they had seen that were 2X3.....seems that they were under the impression that it had to have 2 on both sides to be legal:-D . They weren't too happy when we pointed out there mistake but they were wiser for it!! LOL!!

Chris

mark
09-27-2005, 10:35 PM
while hunting chetwynd last week i found a 2x3 moose that someone shot and left right near the road in the open, (no chance it was missed or lost). was a legal immature but im sure someone dindnt know and thought they made an illegal kill. i have been bullshitting in camps where guys thought it had to be a 2x2, they think a spike is illegal???? :oops:

huntersdad
09-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey
never get out of the truck to take a leak without your gun .... deer seem to watch you if you dont have a rifle and its hard to run with your unit hanging out. hahahaha