PDA

View Full Version : BT Help

Alpine Addict
11-25-2008, 07:45 PM
So, I have permission to hunt 80 acres near Bridal Falls close to chilliwack. It is the place i got my spring bear, anyway, I was up there today after school and found ALOT of sign, also I found 3 rubs all within' 15 feet of eachother. The owner said he saw a 3 point chasing a doe 8 days ago. Question is, would I be wise to sit or try calling? I tried a few doe bleats today, but only sat for 35 minutes. Im thinking the rut is finished but would it still be helpful? thanks

AA

thatskindafunny
11-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Just be there somewhere. Sign means deer. As they say "I don't know when the big one is going to be there, all I know is I have to be here when he does."

winbuckhunter
11-25-2008, 07:51 PM
the rut isn't finished.. those bucks will be hot until the second rut finishes.. saw some muley does like 3 days ago that had blood all around their asses..

i mean it might have slowed down a little but those bucks will still respond..

Alpine Addict
11-25-2008, 07:53 PM
perfect, thanks

Crimson Viking
11-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Your probably have a good idea for where he's traveling from all the sign
I'd be inclined to put yourself near the rubs and sit as long as u can. I find the bush to thick in the valley for still hunting . Find a good spot watch ur wind and scent control and let him come to u.

ElectricDyck
11-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Wow 80 acres with no pressure and deer, pretty cool! I'm no expert but depending on the terrain I would try and find a spot with a view of an active area to sit the first and last hour of the day and then walk the game trails during the day.