PDA

View Full Version : Tunkwa lake

coquitlam
11-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Here it is another season over and looking at next year. I have decided to go for a change of areas and had in mind the Tunkwa lake area . I have in mind to bring my son there for youth season and return for any buck season. Of coarse there is scouting before season. Early season grouse also looks fun. I am not a trophy hunter but a meat hunter (I laugh every time I say a meat hunter as it`s cheaper to go to the store and buy it. But that bush just keeps calling us back.) It would be great to hear back from other who had experiences in this area.

Thanks

5 spike
11-24-2008, 09:07 PM
google tunkwa lake resort they have hunting reports on there site. hope this helps.

coquitlam
11-24-2008, 11:25 PM
I have seen there web site. It seems great , I just wanted some first hand info

huntwriter
11-24-2008, 11:33 PM
So you want to come and hunt at my front door. Let me help you to safe you some gas. There are no deer in the Tunkwa lake area.:smile:

Okay, kidding aside. There are deer but like anywhere else you have to scout to find out where the pockets are that hold deer. Early season and late season are best. Any buck season is a zoo out there. If you get to know a few ranchers you may have a chance to gain private land access all to yourself.