PDA

View Full Version : Field Bred English Springer Spaniel.

naes
11-23-2008, 05:22 PM
I am newish to the site I have an interest in upland hunting, Dogs and Fishing.

Wondering if anyone knows a breeder that specializes in Field Bred English Springer Spaniels.

Thanks for you help

Dragginbait
11-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Fill out where you are from, that could help:biggrin:

naes
11-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the tip Not far from you in Victoria BC

ROEBUCK
11-23-2008, 07:38 PM
hi naes, i have 2 ESS, i got them both from england, its gona be tough to find pedigree field springer spaniels here in bc, especialy with working parents ,i have heard of the occasional breedr here but not from working strain, maybe you could consentrate further east where upland bird hunting seems more popular, good luck with your search there great dogs tireless bird hunters,

naes
11-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi Daniel, Lucky for you. I hope I do not have to go so far to find a breeder. But there may be some in Washington State. Was it difficult to bring the dogs to Canada? My aunt and uncle had ESS when I was a kid so I have many great memories of them.
Cheers

lip_ripper00
11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Try Westham Island kennels in Delta Westham Perm. Reg'd
Lorraine Bissett
2170 Westham Island Rd
Delta, British Columbia
Canada V4K 3N2
(604) 946-7139

ROEBUCK
11-24-2008, 06:30 PM
HI naes i brought my oldest dog daisy with me when the wife and i first moved to bc, that was a laugh getting through customs with a dog and 5 guns and my bow. didnt take 5 minutes i can tell you .got my second dog ben on a visit over there last year, hes turning into a very good dog ,there very common over there his father was a field trial champion,we did try to find one in bc but had no luck, but there was some in alberta , you may find some here in bc ,but not sure how good the lines will be

Th0r
11-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Try Westham Island kennels in Delta Westham Perm. Reg'd
Lorraine Bissett
2170 Westham Island Rd
Delta, British Columbia
Canada V4K 3N2
(604) 946-7139
Yes. Thats right. She owns the Winery and I remember that she had some beautiful Springers there.

huntergirl270
01-12-2009, 05:42 PM

Wondering if anyone knows a breeder that specializes in Field Bred English Springer Spaniels.

Thanks for you help

We got our female out of Hupper Kennels in Ontario. He trains and does field trials on his 80+ acres out there. Type in hupper kennel and do a search on google and you will find his site. I have pics of our girl on this site if you want to see her.

Barracuda
01-13-2009, 12:07 AM
far more field bred dogs back east, its big bussiness and they take thier hunting dogs seriously. It is not uncommon for folks to bring in Spainials from the UK and US for thier breeding programs.
also look on the ukc boards .

naes
01-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Found a pup out east and here she is. Molly
http://usera.ImageCave.com/naes/Molly.JPG

puphood1
01-21-2009, 02:39 PM

Thanks for you help
Try Syd Pellow Medicine Hat, AB. That is all his club deals with is field Spanials he can point you in the right direction of a breeder his dad breed and trained some of the best trial spanials around.......puphood1

ROEBUCK
01-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Found a pup out east and here she is. Molly
http://usera.ImageCave.com/naes/Molly.JPG
looks a fine pup ! if you ever want to breed her i have a pedegree male with excelant field trial champs in him and hes turning into a fine hunting dog.GOOD LUCK TRAINING HER ,THERE HEADSTRONG AND LIVELY

naes
01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks Daniel, I'll Keep that in mind. And you're right about the headstrong and lively part. The first couple weeks were a bit of a challenge but we are figuring each other out now8-)

Spellow
01-31-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm not sure if this thread is still going or not, but here are some reputable breeders in Alberta and Saskatchewan:

Casey Butz with Abbitt Like Home Kennels (Stoney Plain)
Tom Bratrud with Skaar Kennels (Calgary)
Stan Pappas with Bushbuster Kennels (Calgary)
Marty Knibbs with Expressway Kennels (Regina)

In Montana:

Bill Brockett with Ponderosa Springers

Washington:

Jeff Miller (don't remember his kennel name...Black River or something like that.

All of the above are excellent springer breeders and trainers...Brockett's come directly from Curragh Kennels in Scotland (he breeds only the best to the best)

Skaar Kennels are descended from my father's line (Breezy Point Kennels)