PDA

View Full Version : Just another clearwater buck

trailhunter
11-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Me and tomigunz got back from clearwater. We put on 10kms + every morning and another 10 at night hikeing the ridges and it finnaly paid off for Tom...........i should have walked in that spot but hey, you never can tell where they're going to be :-o

http://www3.telus.net/public/cedarboy/IMG_1066.JPG

dunbartr
11-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Nice buck! Kind of a unique one - love the dark colour of the antlers. Looks like a 5x5?
His neck is only slightly swolen!!:shock: Mulie rut is still going strong - too bad they still close region 8 so early!

trailhunter
11-22-2008, 06:50 PM
he was a 4x5 ........nice heavy pig of a buck. Thank god for the quad to pull his ass outa the slash

1/2 slam
11-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Nice. I like the colour of the rack.

Glenny
11-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Nice buck fer sher. Stocky sum bitz. G

Will
11-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Another Great Buck ! Well done ! 8-)
Nice Sako too BTW:-P

Phil
11-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Very nice buck! Well done.

WoodOx
11-22-2008, 07:51 PM
great buck! congratulations!

porcupine
11-22-2008, 08:15 PM
I like that drop tine on the left antler. A really nice buck and good on you for perservering.
________
Harley-Davidson 8 Valve (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Harley-Davidson_8_Valve)

trailhunter
11-22-2008, 09:53 PM
well we only had 4 days to hunt mulies this year so the only way to get one in such a short time is to pound timber. I had quite a few good experiences out in the bush this year with deer and moose in close quarters. I was watching a doe and a 2 piont walk across a small swamp right at me. They walked with in 10 yards when all of a sudden a cow moose stormed down the hill behind them. My heart stopped for a split second because i thought it was a monster buck coming in hot for the doe. I couldnt see the cow at first......until it damn near ran me over! 15 feet from me it stop dead and pinned it towards the two point an doe .....almost running them over. Cool to say the least. Nothing cooler than being that close to wild animals when they have no clue your there. I snuck within 8 yards of a doe and her fawn that were laying facing the wind :razz: good times.

The first place we hunted hard for 2.5 days seeing 37+ does a day with only small bucks running the show..........very frustrating to say the least. We seen 5-6 separate 2-3 points mounting does all over the place, seems the big boy were hanging in someones shop already. So we decided to head a couple spots i knew very well. We only hit the two stands of timber that i liked and it paid off...........to bad i missed one in a wide open slash. I really didnt think the wind would be such a factor........lesson learned.

mcrae
11-22-2008, 09:57 PM
That is a nice buck good job on that one for sure. Seeing all these nice bucks I am thinking I better hold out a little longer next year!

Fisher-Dude
11-23-2008, 05:40 AM
A new Sako and Clearwater bucks! It doesn't get any better than that! Sweet!

.308 NORMA
11-23-2008, 06:26 AM
Nice buck way to go guys !!!

CooperSscat
11-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Super looking buck Trailhunter!

I love having close encounters with critters; it really makes the experience of the hunt stand out!

BTW is your/your hunting partner's jacket wool? Where did you/him get it? It looks very comfie!

Jeremy

trailhunter
11-23-2008, 11:21 AM
thanks guys

Yeah its a wool browning jacket/pants combo. Im assuming its warm but my partner gets cool in the truck with the windows down so its hard to say lol...........what a sissy

CooperSscat
11-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks Trailhunter. Tell your partner to pop on a touque while you're in transit! Head heat is #1!

Jeremy

trailhunter
11-23-2008, 11:58 AM
ohhhh dont worry about him.........he had the belaclava heavy gloves and he still thought it was -30 in the truck.

rocksteady
11-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Nice buck...But you look so serious...

tomigunz
11-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Im not sure why i got the serious look in that picture! I had a sh*t eatin grin all morning! Maybe Trailhunter (aka Phantomhunter) will post some of the other pictures of that pig.

johnny cabbage
11-23-2008, 05:28 PM
i love LML hunters...quads...trucks.....pair of running shoes...annnnnnnd hiking boots if possible.

LeverActionJunkie
11-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Very nice buck congratulations.

jessbennett
11-23-2008, 06:25 PM
a roadtrip to clearwater is in order. lol
:tongue:

muley kid
11-24-2008, 07:07 PM
yet another false post.. i also like how he covers his gut shot with the but of his rifle lol truly awesome!; (

tomigunz
11-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Gut shot? That was a lung shot at 350 yards from the other side walking towards me! the exit was a lil bck on the body but there was no gut sack puncture! Nice try though!

trailhunter
11-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Id be the first to pipe up if it were a gut shot..............trust me.

dana
11-24-2008, 07:24 PM
But can we trust you that this is a just another Clearwater buck????? LOL!

Shermdog
11-24-2008, 07:39 PM
is that the xcr? what caliber? how do you like the xcr is that is it?

dino
11-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Gut shot? That was a lung shot at 350 yards from the other side walking towards me! the exit was a lil bck on the body but there was no gut sack puncture! Nice try though!
I see you and trailhunter get harassed by the same clowns, I guess thats all they got to do when they live in the bush and still eat bark.

tomigunz
11-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Im not sure what an XCR is? My rifle is a 300wsm sako finnlight with a leupold 4.5-14-40 mounted on it! And i dont have any complaints whatsoever!

dana
11-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Dino,
You bitchin about being harassed??? Hmmm, guess you can't play with the big boys eh? If you can't stand the heat, why did you start the fire? Your game and you are losing. LMAO!

Notice these boys aren't responding to the questions on whether this is 'another clearwater buck', guess we can't trust them eh?

dino
11-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Dino,
You bitchin about being harassed??? Hmmm, guess you can't play with the big boys eh? If you can't stand the heat, why did you start the fire? Your game and you are losing. LMAO!

Notice these boys aren't responding to the questions on whether this is 'another clearwater buck', guess we can't trust them eh?
Dana I never want to be a big boy.If you knew anything about our jail system you would understand. I was told that you were great at getting under peoples skin. It seems you can dish it but cant take it.

trailhunter
11-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Dino,

Like you would tell the world where your hot spots are..........PM and tell me if you like.

Every deer is shot in clearwater...........i thought you knew that:p.

dana
11-24-2008, 09:50 PM
So why would I trust you then. You lied right from the start. Maybe MuleyKid is onto something eh?

PGK
11-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Oops nevermind.

Rubicon500
11-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Like you would tell the world where your hot spots are..........PM and tell me if you like.

Every deer is shot in clearwater...........i thought you knew that:p.

Dana could Waypoint his spots on your gps and you still would come out with a Rat buck, thats if you got lucky. It aint just a brisk 5 minute walk and you come out with a 200 incher. Ask MattB how hard he hunted for his "rat" he shot this year.

Dino why say you shot a buck in ClearWater in the first place when you clearly didnt? Your buck was shot with Sage Brush and a Bi Pod on your gun. Even Captain Obvious would Call your bluff

Gateholio
11-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Dino why say you shot a buck in ClearWater in the first place when you clearly didnt? Your buck was shot with Sage Brush and a Bi Pod on your gun. Even Captain Obvious would Call your bluff

Probably for some humour...:cool: Humour is still allowed on HBC.:D

dino
11-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Dana could Waypoint his spots on your gps and you still would come out with a Rat buck, thats if you got lucky. It aint just a brisk 5 minute walk and you come out with a 200 incher. Ask MattB how hard he hunted for his "rat" he shot this year.

that was the whole point

muley kid
11-24-2008, 10:52 PM
like i say man get a life

bc-shedder
11-24-2008, 11:49 PM
I guess thats all they got to do when they live in the bush and still eat bark.
yeah we all do what ever it takes to find these ghost deer up here now. If you guys would like we could become vandals and start wrecking your stuff when your up here. But then we will really get picked apart on here.:smile:

Dannybuoy
11-25-2008, 02:40 AM
:cool: Humour is still allowed on HBC.:D
:lol: Whew !

hunter1947
11-25-2008, 05:17 AM
Nice animal you got trailhunter ,congrats to you on downing this very nice M deer.

longleader
11-25-2008, 11:15 AM
I think on some of these posts the line has been crossed, at least from my perspective. - curiosity, kiding, humour, are all ok. BUT, thinly veiled threats, and disrespect for fellow hunters doesn't seem right somehow.

If some fellows wish to put in the time and go to the expense of a hunting trip to our area, I think we should treat them the same as we would like to be treated, if we were to go on a hunting trip to another area, other than our "home grounds".

This is, after all, a sport, not a life and death competition or battle. Most out of towners I meet are of a fairly high standard, are keen hunters, and want to try a different area for a different experience.

I think our deer herds are threatened more from local poachers, and enethical hunters no matter where they are from, than the majority of "out of towners", whom, judging by those I have mey and spoken with, try to maintain good standards.

My $.02, right or wrong....

BigBanger
11-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Well said .

Dirty
11-25-2008, 11:36 AM
What the hell is a "big boy"? I am sorry, I have never been to prison, well beside getting caught by a CO getting proof of sex from my first deer. :biggrin:

tomigunz
11-25-2008, 11:02 PM
i love LML hunters...quads...trucks.....pair of running shoes...annnnnnnd hiking boots if possible.

Hey im kinda confused by ur post! Are u directing that to me?