PDA

View Full Version : clearwater buck

dino
11-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Back from clearwater area 3-40 and got this guy. He was smaller than I thought" the drop tine sucked me in" but still a respectful buck. There are definetly some large mature bucks up there and will go back for sure. Its hard to hold off for larger bucks when theese guys keep teasing you and you only have 3 or 4 days.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/HPIM1018.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/HPIM1020.jpg

Gateholio
11-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Back from clearwater area 3-40 and got this guy. He was smaller than I thought" the drop tine sucked me in" but still a respectful buck. There are definetly some large mature bucks up there and will go back for sure. Its hard to hold off for larger bucks when theese guys keep teasing you and you only have 3 or 4 days.

Nice buck! Real cool looking!

tomahawk
11-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Nothin nicer than chocolate antlers

MattB
11-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Sagebrush in Clearwater eh?! :smile: Nice buck!

kayjayess
11-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Cool sticker.

shortroot
11-22-2008, 04:36 PM
thinking the same thing as MattB.....

:!::!::!::!:

shortroot
11-22-2008, 04:37 PM
vn buck though

MattB
11-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Shot along the fraser...gang ranch area :cool:. No one hunting clearwater would have a bipod on their rifle, haha! What are you gonna need one for, a long distance 50 yard shot?!

huntcoop
11-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Nice sagebrush. ;)

Love the chocolate rack.

Dannybuoy
11-22-2008, 04:53 PM
That confirms it ! Clearwater is the place to hunt !
Nice Buck !

Gateholio
11-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Shot along the fraser...gang ranch area :cool:. No one hunting clearwater would have a bipod on their rifle, haha! What are you gonna need one for, a long distance 50 yard shot?!

You are just trying to deflect :) :)

;)

.308win
11-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Sagebrush in Clearwater eh?! :smile: Nice buck!

Thats what I was thinking!!:razz:..........Kamloops maybe!! Congrats on a fine buck! No matter where he came from!

Perry

LeverActionJunkie
11-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Nice buck for sure the drop tine would have suckered me too:)

moosinaround
11-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Another beauty buck!! Everyone needs to head up to the Clearwater area!! There sure are not any bucks left along the roads in MU 5!! Moosin

WoodOx
11-22-2008, 05:29 PM
congrats! cool buck

dana
11-22-2008, 06:13 PM
*****!!! Obviously Dino has never been to Clearwater before eh? Maybe he can photoshop in some Devil's Club over that sage.

Congrats Dino on a fine looking Region 5 buck. Pretty darn good on ya considering how tough the late season has been across the board in the southern end of the province this year.

dino
11-22-2008, 06:50 PM
*****!!! Obviously Dino has never been to Clearwater before eh? Maybe he can photoshop in some Devil's Club over that sage.

Congrats Dino on a fine looking Region 5 buck. Pretty darn good on ya considering how tough the late season has been across the board in the southern end of the province this year.
I knew it wouldnt be long before you had to post something. :-P Thanks.

1/2 slam
11-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Nice buck. I like the sticker point.

Will
11-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Great Buck ! Way to Go ! 8)

Gunmedic
11-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Good one coop.

Jelvis
11-22-2008, 08:53 PM
dino----knows how and where to hunt muley--
------------------------------Way to Go-Nice buck--dino
Jel-good stuff
looks like MU 3-40---still has it.

358win
11-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Great Buck, looks like he was about to "drop" off the right antler too.

Congratulations on a good Deer.

11-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Well are group of 16 are going to Clear water for the end of season and all of next year.
CT
Its the place to go !

Nice buck !!

bc-shedder
11-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Sage brush in Clearwater? wow man that place changes by the day. I was there today and dont see much around lol. nice buck by the way just a lttle to off on your location

bubba350
11-22-2008, 11:15 PM
NIce Buck!!!!

hunter1947
11-23-2008, 05:33 AM
Very nice antlers ,congrats to you.

Fisher-Dude
11-23-2008, 05:37 AM
dino----knows how and where to hunt muley--
------------------------------Way to Go-Nice buck--dino
Jel-good stuff
looks like MU 3-40---still has it.

Yep Jelly, Dino knows Clearwater has the best bucks by far! Nice!

Mr. Dean
11-23-2008, 01:31 PM
dino done in a DANDY!

I hope you and Dana hooked up for a coffee and a BS while you were up.

BCrams
11-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Nice buck!!

Sage brush and Clearwater??

Something is amiss here!! I thought all the sage brush like that was in Region 5!!

David Heitsman
11-23-2008, 08:45 PM
I've never seen racks that dark along the Fraser / Churn area.
He is quite brown almost black in the first pic.
Cool sticker too.

bruin
11-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Cool sticker

Dirty
11-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Cool sticker too.

That's because Dino is so full of shit it rubbed off on the antlers.

mark
11-23-2008, 09:43 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/image.php?u=2213&dateline=1191088618 (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?u=2213) dino (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?u=2213) http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);

fraser
got this guy on the fraser thanks for the help
Dino http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...o/HPIM1020.jpg (http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/HPIM1020.jpg)
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...o/HPIM1018.jpg (http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/HPIM1018.jpg)

:confused:

BCrams
11-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Cool sticker too.

I've seen plenty of bucks down close to where you were hunting with very dark antlers.

David Heitsman
11-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Any of the dozen or so I taken or helped with in that area are quite light.

My Rock Creek and Osoyoos deer are darker and yet the terrain/brouse is similar.

I saw a well massed 2 pt way outside his ears in the Gaspard canyon three years ago that looked so yellow they gleamed in the sun. It was the longer 4 pt season then so of course he was showing off!

WoodOx
11-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Ive taken light and dark horned deer off the same mtn for many years? I would suspect that it depends on the individual deer's preference as to where he hangs and what he rubs on?

MattB
11-24-2008, 10:13 AM
I see mainly dark antlers along the fraser. I figure it has to do with rubbing on fir trees.

dino
11-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Man are some of you guys easy! Yes he is a fraser buck.My clearwater trip got cancelled due to illness so I threw that out there for fun. I ve been to clearwater twice and most of you know the diffrent landscape. It seems whenever someone mentions the word clearwater on here that the same guys go crazy and give themselves away about how good it can be there.ya ya ya you guys are great!
I think the dark antler thing is a maturity thing also, I will also be posting a video soon where i shot it a few of you will recognize " no secrets here" we saw lots of bucks and hundreds of does we had a wild trip.
Dino

Dirty
11-24-2008, 11:10 AM
we saw lots of bucks and hundreds of does we had a wild trip.
Dino

Dinoland, the Disneyland for deer hunters in Region 5, quick everybody flock there with your wives and children.

BCrams
11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
we saw lots of bucks and hundreds of does we had a wild trip.
Dino

That can't be! Just read the Heitsman thread.

ruttinbuck
11-24-2008, 11:46 AM
I see mainly dark antlers along the fraser. I figure it has to do with rubbing on fir trees.
Personally I believe dark horns come from rubbing on spruce trees.Just an observation from time of season when sighted, and most of the lighter horned bucks smell like pine or fir.RB

goatdancer
11-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I've been told that dark antlers were on bucks who stayed deeper in the timber where there is less light and the sun didn't bleach them. So far we have a few different theories. Anybody know a biologist who can help?

dino
11-24-2008, 03:08 PM
I've been told that dark antlers were on bucks who stayed deeper in the timber where there is less light and the sun didn't bleach them. So far we have a few different theories. Anybody know a biologist who can help?
When I first spotted him he was in thick timber, I jumped him then tried to flank him and it worked to my amazement. When I first touched his antlers they were covered in dirty bark or just dirt. I still havent cleaned them, I will have another look.

300H&H
11-24-2008, 06:49 PM
I would have pulled the trigger on him too.

muley kid
11-24-2008, 06:57 PM
ya this sight is getting retarted with false posts like this.. get a life bud

dana
11-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Muley kid,
This dino guy is just pissed because he was fishin for info on monster clearwater bucks and I wouldn't respond to his trollin pms. When called on it, he said he had no clue I lived in Clearwater, and yet here he goes on how us Clearwater boys are so predictable. He now says he hunted here a few times this year. Did he kill a monster here? Nope! Why? Cause he can't pass on these smaller bucks. ;) If he did indeed come here, he probably left with his tail tucked between his legs whinning about how shitty the hunting is, like all the other out-of-towners that figured monster bucks live behind every tree here. :tongue:

dino
11-24-2008, 07:56 PM
:smile:
Muley kid,
This dino guy is just pissed because he was fishin for info on monster clearwater bucks and I wouldn't respond to his trollin pms. When called on it, he said he had no clue I lived in Clearwater, and yet here he goes on how us Clearwater boys are so predictable. He now says he hunted here a few times this year. Did he kill a monster here? Nope! Why? Cause he can't pass on these smaller bucks. ;) If he did indeed come here, he probably left with his tail tucked between his legs whinning about how shitty the hunting is, like all the other out-of-towners that figured monster bucks live behind every tree here. :tongue:
Dana I said I ive been to clearwater twice.I never said I hunted there. If your going to try your BS pay attention. I will be waiting for another one of your well thought out responses.:smile:

dana
11-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Try my BS??? WTF? Who is the one that started this thread trying to Bullshit the masses??? Was it not you??? You can bullshit some of the people some of the time, but you can't bullshit the bullshitter. Nice try but you failed once again. Just like this Region 5 buck of yours, you got excited and prematurely pulled the trigger. You want to play with the big boys, you've got a lot to learn. :)

dino
11-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Try my BS??? WTF? Who is the one that started this thread trying to Bullshit the masses??? Was it not you??? You can bullshit some of the people some of the time, but you can't bullshit the bullshitter. Nice try but you failed once again. Just like this Region 5 buck of yours, you got excited and prematurely pulled the trigger. You want to play with the big boys, you've got a lot to learn. :)
That was still a lame attempt but I liked it:grin: . Hey big boy I assume that your talking about yourself. I think most of the guys reading this thread know exactly what I was trying to do and you bought it, hook line and sinker! The masses arent as stupid as you think we are. You are known more for your negative posts than your hunting skills. You cant wait to open your mouth about everything and say something derogatory. That is a sign of your true character" BIG BOY"

dana
11-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Dino,
Since you know I like to give the negative posts as you say, then why would you set yourself up instead of just saying 'hey everybody, here's the buck I killed this fall.' You instead played your game and now I can easily mock you for not stickin to your guns and coming to Clearwater and prove me wrong. Wasn't that what you were going to do. Come up here and be the man and prove you can kill big bucks too. Instead, you head for the Gang Gong show and shoot a rat. ;) Just more fuel for the fire. Keep it coming. You'll either learn to play the game correctly or you'll leave crying. :)

huntwriter
11-24-2008, 10:46 PM

Antler color is determined in large part by the type of trees, brush the bucks rub their antlers on and to a lesser degree by nutrition and the genes.

Dirty
11-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Where is Clearwater? Does Dana feed the whitetail deer there?

huntwriter
11-24-2008, 10:54 PM
That was still a lame attempt but I liked it:grin: . Hey big boy I assume that your talking about yourself. I think most of the guys reading this thread know exactly what I was trying to do and you bought it, hook line and sinker! The masses arent as stupid as you think we are. You are known more for your negative posts than your hunting skills. You cant wait to open your mouth about everything and say something derogatory. That is a sign of your true character" BIG BOY"

That just about sums it up. :smile:

dino
11-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Dino,
Since you know I like to give the negative posts as you say, then why would you set yourself up instead of just saying 'hey everybody, here's the buck I killed this fall.' You instead played your game and now I can easily mock you for not stickin to your guns and coming to Clearwater and prove me wrong. Wasn't that what you were going to do. Come up here and be the man and prove you can kill big bucks too. Instead, you head for the Gang Gong show and shoot a rat. ;) Just more fuel for the fire. Keep it coming. You'll either learn to play the game correctly or you'll leave crying. :)
:cry: boo hoo you hurt my feeling. Ha ha you sound like the wife. She thinks nothing hurts my feelings. You just dont get it dana that you were the butt end of a joke. Like I posted earlier you cant wait to shoot off your mouth thats why I posted clearwater buck. You couldnt resist" Big boy ". this is my last post on this thread, I can see your feelings are hurt and were both starting to look childish. So carry on and maybe one day I will prove to you that I can kill big bucks too .................Big boy". :grin:

dana
11-24-2008, 11:31 PM
My feelings hurt? Dude, this is the internet. You are a faceless person and I am a faceless person. I take nothing on the internet personally. Matter of fact I've been LMAO at you all evening. Like I've told you before, I ain't a NIMBY hunter. I could care less that you or hoards of guys like you think you've got what it takes to kill the so-called big clearwater bucks. If you think you are all that, then go for it. I could care less that guys like you try to play games and call their buck a Clearwater buck. It just a rat anyways. LMAO!!!! You my friend are the one that was played. You rolled the dice thinkin you could play the game. Just like when you were PMing me this summer. You tried to play me to find out my hidey holes. Didn't work now did it? Now you are all pissy because you didn't get what you were looking for, a big buck tied to a tree. You want to kill big bucks, go do your own homework and don't try to play those of us that know the game.

Elkhound
11-24-2008, 11:42 PM
play nice guys or I will be forced to close this one. Dana...your post about him killing a rat has been reported as a violation of board rules. A legally killed animal is not to be made fun of for size or the way it was taken.

I would appreciate if the razzing was done in PMs or at least follow the rules. Ok...I am taking the striped referee shirt off now.:smile:

Ovis17
11-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Unfortunately this site has started to go the way of HuntShoot. It seems to be getting worse every week. I can barely be bothered posting here any more due to the knobs who constantly type demeaning, disrespectful crap in our forums. I've heard similar comments from others who used to post here regularly.

DINO, congrats on a nice buck, even if it doesn't meet the standards of the mighty DANA. DANA you have killed some dandies, there's no doubt about it, but it's always some sort of scandal when you get going on here.

Fisher-Dude
11-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Things must have dried up over on www.yankeebullshit.net (http://www.yankeebullshit.net) .

one-shot-wonder
11-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Things must have dried up over on www.yankeebullshit.net (http://www.yankeebullshit.net) .

That forum is garbage anyways.....just a bunch of "the muley boys" playing with each other.....

Dino,

Congrats on your BC mule deer, no matter where it came from.

Dirty
11-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Unfortunately this site has started to go the way of HuntShoot.

I blame Kechika.

muley kid
11-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Dino wouldnt get razzed if he didnt make such a retarted fake post...he started it and we are just playing the game : ) this is exactly what he wanted too... u would have to be blind not to see it.. then again there are many coasties on here : ) lol jk u guys can sure spot game in a heated truck goin 3 miles an hour : ) great road hunting skills are the key to killin a monster hahaha

Salty
11-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Is there any big hotels in Clearwater? I mean big fareeeeeking hotels? No. Not last time I was there...

No worries. I'm already signed up for the 2009 *Clearwater* wall TENT CITY that's going around by pm. :cool: Next year. Clearwater will give this site some *HUGE* bucks. This will be our finest hour. I can't wait. :smile:

Mr. Dean
11-25-2008, 06:36 PM
I *think* some folk here are taking this thread (AKA: joke) waaayy to serious. And that makes it even MORE hilarious!