PDA

View Full Version : soooo Freaking close!!!

curt
11-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Well i tried one more day trip and wow did I see some beauty animals!! My partner and I jumped the biggest buck either of us have ever seen to date but he didnt get big for being stupid i needed 5 more seconds to get a decent shot and he wasnt cooperating. Managed to stalk into the does he was pushing and ended up finding his rubs and scrapes this thing is a monster his rubs on the xmas trees he destroyed are pushing 6 feet off the ground !!!Then on my way out we took a drive into another spot and had 2 bull moose and a cow moose run out in front of us at less than 100yrd and stop on the tree line for our veiwing pleasure!!! The one bull was in my top 5 for biggest bulls I've ever seen!! still cant beleive it a Kamloops bull pushing 45-50 inches 3 brows on both sides, no less than 10 points on each i was losing count and I'm comparing this moose to northern moose wow what a treat!! I have to go back for one more try hopefully monday a little suprised still no snow when I got to my spot it was 48 degrees still where's the snow??

quadrakid
11-20-2008, 10:05 PM
so close but no shot,we all feel your pain.

curt
11-20-2008, 10:08 PM
yes my new browning xbolt still sleeps unfortunately dont remind me

Steeleco
11-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Now you've got the right spot, all you need is the right timing!!

johnk
11-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Well i tried one more day trip and wow did I see some beauty animals!! My partner and I jumped the biggest buck either of us have ever seen to date but he didnt get big for being stupid i needed 5 more seconds to get a decent shot and he wasnt cooperating. Managed to stalk into the does he was pushing and ended up finding his rubs and scrapes this thing is a monster his rubs on the xmas trees he destroyed are pushing 6 feet off the ground !!!Then on my way out we took a drive into another spot and had 2 bull moose and a cow moose run out in front of us at less than 100yrd and stop on the tree line for our veiwing pleasure!!! The one bull was in my top 5 for biggest bulls I've ever seen!! still cant beleive it a Kamloops bull pushing 45-50 inches 3 brows on both sides, no less than 10 points on each i was losing count and I'm comparing this moose to northern moose wow what a treat!! I have to go back for one more try hopefully monday a little suprised still no snow when I got to my spot it was 48 degrees still where's the snow??

It's true, those big bulls are tough to find in Region 3. Only seen a handful in the past 10 years.

By the way there is a snow warning for all of Region 3.........................

on December 11th!:biggrin:

hunter1947
11-21-2008, 04:12 AM
Curt you aren't the only one that has had this happen to you ,I know where you are coming from ,it has happened to me a few times as well.

At least you know where this honker of a buck is and you have the chance on finding him again ,I would go back and hunt this place as soon as possible if I where you.

CanuckShooter
11-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Ya shoulda stuck like glue to those does....he will come back in time.

curt
11-21-2008, 08:21 PM
ok you win going back wednesday hopefully with a much better story!!!