PDA

View Full Version : Region 5 Nov 20

cooter
11-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Its really empty out in region 5 for the last two days before it switched to four point mule. However luck changed for myself and my partner today (Nov 20), we scored a nice 2X2 mule. We covered a lot of ground in within 1 hr of Williams Lake over the last couple months. Today we seen only 1 rancher on a quad(not another soul), the rancher said he has seen deer trailing about 50+ yards in the bush following the roads throughout the day for last few days, however they crossed in the night he claimed. Found no carcasses anywhere and seen lots of moose sign. My deer count for wed to thurs is up to 27. They are starting to move mostly in the evening around 2pm nothing in the AM. The buck today was pure luck and stood for the longest time after walking on the road at 1:32pm. I have talked to hunters where I work and read on here that the deer are sparse. I can tell from what I have seen in the last two days the deer are moving where I was looking but only in the afternoon. I think the big ones are coming down now as we seen 3 big 4 points and 1 6X7 coming down to a river but no way to retrieve them in that area.

bcbound
11-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Just came back from region 5 . No buck harvested plenty of doe throughout I was a little farther south east started seeing lower elevation sign on the Windy fsr.

sneg
11-20-2008, 08:42 PM
came last weekend from 5-2. seen a number of does,moose,cow moose and calf , 2 wolfs and 3 nice 3pt and 4pt bucks .bloody bucks were with does on each ocassion at abt 20-100 m from the road on private fields.there was fresh snow on Sun,lot of trucks after that.if not long drive iwould be there again this weekend.

bcbound
11-20-2008, 08:49 PM
speaking of moose came apon a trophy but had no LEH standing on the egde of a cut no more than a 150ft away Iam no judge at scoring moose but for sure a 5 1/2' spread . Interesting there reaction to a buck grunt