PDA

View Full Version : First WT trip to EK

weatherby_man
11-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Hunting in EK for the first time. We were there 6 days and came back with 2 bucks and an LEH doe. It was an awesome trip with many animals spotted, and chased. The Mulies didnt seem to be in stupid mode (only saw a couple of 3 pts.) so we concentrated on the WT's. We were not looking for a trophy, just meat for the freezer. We found an excellent bench drop where we spotted a couple of 3X3 bucks courting a few does. Unfortunately my buddy made a move the first day we had them come in and spooked them. We came back next morning and waited but only saw the does. Coming out of our spot we see one of the 3X3's and popped him, gutted him, and got him out to the butchers just in time. A couple of days later in another area we see another 3X3, took him as well. Then we basically had the pick of a thousand does so we waited and then took a real beauty. Heres #2 buck after he was gutted and dragged down to the road.

Steeleco
11-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Sound like a good trip, what time is dinner!! LOL Congrats.

rocksteady
11-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Congrats...SOunds like a very fruitful trip.....Truck rides better with a load of meat in the back...:-P:-P

rishu_pepper
11-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Any pics of the other buck and doe?

sawmill
11-19-2008, 06:19 PM
What Area were you in?Nere here?(Kimberley)

hunter1947
11-20-2008, 06:41 AM
WM nice deer and this deer will be the best on the dinner plate ,congrats to you on a successfully hunt.

weatherby_man
11-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks all, it was a really great trip. I've eaten some of the jerky we had made and had a leg roast which was just fantastic!!! Unfortunately we didnt have the camera out much because of the rain so I didnt get a picture of the 2 deer. We travelled all around the cranbrook region that week but not quite as far as Kimberly.