PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Reg 3 for 4pt Muley.....

garychau
11-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Planning to do a weekend hunt in Region 3 at the end of November. Never hunted this late in the year before. Was thinking Merritt?? Any suggestions??

Steeleco
11-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Where have you hunted in reg 3 before. GO BACK and see what's hiding there now!! Good luck.

garychau
11-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Will probably be in the 3-18 area.....

Mr. Dean
11-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Where have you hunted in reg 3 before. GO BACK and see what's hiding there now!! Good luck.

x2

I'd stick with lands that I knew...

sneg
11-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I guess it would be hard to know something if never try something new. we all were starters at some point.
Garychau good luck on your hunt. as for areas ,there is search function here.select general area ,check reviews,have a look at back road maps and google earth and decide yourself where to go.once on spot scout the area,find honey hole and hunt it.come back and tell us a story.

garychau
11-19-2008, 04:03 PM
I guess it would be hard to know something if never try something new. we all were starters at some point.
Garychau good luck on your hunt. as for areas ,there is search function here.select general area ,check reviews,have a look at back road maps and google earth and decide yourself where to go.once on spot scout the area,find honey hole and hunt it.come back and tell us a story.

been looking at google earth and doing search on this forum....its sure helpful....dont have a back road maps...maybe i should go pick one up from walmart.....

hows the weather in merritt late november?

Steeleco
11-19-2008, 04:09 PM
been looking at google earth and doing search on this forum....its sure helpful....dont have a back road maps...maybe i should go pick one up from walmart.....

hows the weather in merritt late november?

The weather has been goofy this year. A few times now we've hunted in short sleeve shirts when just last year we were nut deep in snow.

The advice to go back to where you've been, wasn't a slag, it was a tip on learning an area you know a little and get to learn it more.

There's so much to see and hunt, you'll never know it all, just get a know a few areas, and know them well, they'll last you a lifetime. Again good luck, and don't forget the pictures!!

sneg
11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
i would assume some wet snow in higher elevation and nice and dry at lower elevations. be ready for anything.i do carry full set of resque gear,even in sunshine.you never know .last thing is you want to stuck somewhere without help.be ready to count only on yourself.

Dually
11-19-2008, 05:28 PM
I was out near Kamloops this weekend and was kind of turned off. It just did'nt feel like late season hunting, everything was sopping wet and it was warm, I did'nt see alot of movement to tell me the Rut in full swing But I'm guessing it must be by this time of year. If the forcast looks like the temp will be dropping I think it should heat up for you out there pretty good.

P.S Check out the Tunkwa lake web stie they ussually have a pretty up to date write up of whats happening around those parts.

Good luck

BigfishCanada
11-19-2008, 10:30 PM
I was talking with the Tunkwa guys, said rut is on, they have it reported on the site, but I dont think we will see much unless we get some snow this weekend, If we do, game on

johnk
11-19-2008, 10:57 PM
I was talking with the Tunkwa guys, said rut is on, they have it reported on the site, but I dont think we will see much unless we get some snow this weekend, If we do, game on

Snow really matters not, it is just a matter of knowing where they're rutting. Tell Paul and Al to go 1000' higher than where they got the buck last year! Was up there this morning at dawn for a one day trip before back to the oilfield and with -15 temps the muleys were moving big time.

hunter1947
11-20-2008, 06:29 AM
Gary c get a back roads map book of that area.

You learn lots of places to go when you have one of them.

Merritt is a very good area and to find places to go you need a good map book of the area.
Good luck.