PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Alone

newhunterette
11-19-2008, 09:32 AM
This Sunday I am heading up to 108 Mile ranch to visit my Momma and get her house ready for winter. I will be spending a couple days with her to make sure she is doing well with her health and following all her doctors orders after her knee replacement surgery she had this summer etc while she stayed with us.

I have a deer tag still needing to be filled and now that I know I can actually shoot a large critter, I have decided to take a day trip into a sweet little honey hole I know of and hope to take a deer. Yes i know it will be the 4 point season for mulies but it is also any buck for whities so a whitie tag is being added. Peter is hooking me up with his Ispot locator device so he knows where I am.

Now the interesting part will be yes I can take down a critter but I have never skinned one out on my own or gutted on my own but I have been part of lots of the procedures so this will be interesting for me. I will be looking at it like a big giant fish. Or if anyone happens to see me out there feel free to come give me a hand :)

If anything it will be the makings of a very hilarious story and photos. But it just feels like it is somnething I need to do, even if I don't get the deer, just to say I went out alone and tried :).

The 'Hummer'
11-19-2008, 09:35 AM
This Sunday I am heading up to 108 Mile ranch to visit my Momma and get her house ready for winter. I will be spending a couple days with her to make sure she is doing well with her health and following all her doctors orders after her knee replacement surgery she had this summer etc while she stayed with us.

I have a deer tag still needing to be filled and now that I know I can actually shoot a large critter, I have decided to take a day trip into a sweet little honey hole I know of and hope to take a deer. Yes i know it will be the 4 point season for mulies but it is also any buck for whities so a whitie tag is being added. Peter is hooking me up with his Ispot locator device so he knows where I am.

Now the interesting part will be yes I can take down a critter but I have never skinned one out on my own or gutted on my own but I have been part of lots of the procedures so this will be interesting for me. I will be looking at it like a big giant fish. Or if anyone happens to see me out there feel free to come give me a hand :)

If anything it will be the makings of a very hilarious story and photos. But it just feels like it is somnething I need to do, even if I don't get the deer, just to say I went out alone and tried :).

Good luck and be careful.

huntergirl270
11-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Oh Ali.. I envy you and your "grown up" kid stage... Wish I could do the same but alas I am attached to my home for the next couple yrs. Can only go out when the G man doesn't mind watching the kids for me :)

I did do a 'solo' moose hunt once but choked when faced with the monster ten feet away. It practically layed down for me and I still didn't shoot it :) That was years ago and at the beginning of my hunting so I've learned a lot since. I was so excited for you when you got yours !!

Hats off to you girlfriend... Have a shot of tequila for me while you're up there k?
Sherry

brian
11-19-2008, 09:53 AM
For me the hard part isn't the gutting and skinning its managing to get it from the kill site into the back of the truck. At the gym I can easily lift 100 lbs and bench twice that but try to get a little wee buck at 100 lbs into the back of a truck??? Yozurs... its like a 6 foot long bag of lead door nobs. So remember to bring a few things that'll help get that beast home and hung. Awesome to see you venturing out on your own. Good luck!

11-19-2008, 10:03 AM
To load that critter in your truck use a Mechanical Advantage system.
I use a 5 to 1 pulley system and can hang big mulies right off the ground myself.
Look up pulley M/A systems on the internet to figure it out. You just need to purchase a couple of cheap pullys , the doubles are best, rope and Va voom!
Hook it up to one of the hold in the front of the box, the other end to the head of the buck so the hair slides easy and it's done. Remember if you do a 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 you need 5 times the length of rope needed. It works great !
Good luck be safe.
CT

rishu_pepper
11-19-2008, 10:04 AM

I like hilarious stories :biggrin:

Good luck Ali. There are bucks up there for sure. At the exact spot I took my 2x1 last week, a couple of lady hunters bagged a nice 3-pointer muley. A 4-pointer isn't out of the question. Just don't hurt yourself trying to haul that in the truck! :-D

Spuddge
11-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Just take your time Ali. I did my first solo gutting and loading this last trip, I seriously thought about going back to camp to get my buddy, but decided that "I have to do it sometime" so I managed no problem. I agree with Brian on the difficulty loading, the problem is, a dead deer even if only 100 pounds is dead weight and flops around alot when you're trying to manhandle it or in your case "womanhandle it". Try and look at it as a learning experience and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when done!!

Wolfman
11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey Ali.

Good luck and be careful out there

- and watch out for frisky samsquanches ;-)

Wolfman

Leaseman
11-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Good luck on your adventure!

Knowing you, you would be able to find a group of hunters in the deep bush that will gut and load for you and your Momma....:wink:

doubled
11-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Just start cooking something and there will be guys all over the place ready to help.

newhunterette
11-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Just start cooking something and there will be guys all over the place ready to help.

hmmm now why didn't I think of that lol

sneg
11-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Newhunterette, good luck on your hunt and have safe trip.

bsa30-06
11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Good luck Ali, becareful, play safe.Remember once the critters down you just cut on the dotted lines.lol

TIKA 300
11-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Have a great time,and be careful. TK

newhunterette
11-19-2008, 06:58 PM
I am taking my special piece of paper that says follow the lines and be careful not to cut the smelly sack - oh and ummm have to leave the manly parts attached (bringing my tin foil for those special wraps)

the skinning and gutting doesnt really scare me doing it alone it is cutting the head off and having it looking back at me with its tongue sticking out

will have video camera with me so could be on canada's funniest videos by the time I am done :) cause I have seen my moose video and my sturgeon video and I really am a dork on camera

Will
11-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Best of Luck ! You'll do fine I'm sure !
If you're not to handy with your knife, Bring a saw.......deer are far lighter in pieces;-)

Avoid stepping on the full Bladder when removed.......nothing like a golden shower from a Stinky Buck:redface:

Bowzone_Mikey
11-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Avoid stepping on the full Bladder when removed.......nothing like a golden shower from a Stinky Buck:redface:
Them are words of expiriance if I ever heard them before

too I am headed elsewhere or I would come down ... to them neck of the woods

Have Fun Ali

Gun Babe
11-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Wishing you luck there Ali....good on ya for going out on your own...just stay safe....

oldtimer
11-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Good luck Ali, I am positive you will handle anything that comes your way.
Mike

sparkes3
11-19-2008, 09:48 PM
good luck ,when going solo dont try to be a hero use your head and get home safe and all in one piece.but most of all have fun.

rock
11-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Good luck ali I'll be towards 100 mile so if you get one scream I may hear ya, good luck and be safe

todbartell
11-19-2008, 10:05 PM
watch out for the wolf packs and grizz which arent in hibernation

rishu_pepper
11-19-2008, 10:07 PM
watch out for the wolf packs and grizz which arent in hibernation

They tend to enjoy ruining people's hunts this year, so shoot one for me, will ya? :twisted::biggrin:

hunter1947
11-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Ali you won't have a problem .

First off get the buck down then worry about what you have to do after.

Just jump in and start cleaning you will remember how you seen it done as you are cleaning the deer .

Take a sharp hand saw that is small and this will help you out big time to cut open the chest and remove the lower legs as for the frount.

Also take a small sharpening stone to sharpen your knife when it get dual.

If you have to cut the animal in two pieces in order to get it out.

Get it back to you mothers then deal with hanging and skinning it out ,good luck Ali I hope you get something http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

kennyj
11-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Get out there and get er done Ali.It'll be great timing.Those big 4 points will be on the move.
Good luck and be safe.
kenny

Fisher-Dude
11-20-2008, 07:46 AM

Toddler and Kechika can smell pancakes from miles away. They are sure to respond! :smile:

farside
11-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Good luck Ali. I know you'll do fine. Just make sure you have your lipstick on and in a complimentary color to your camo. If only I lived closer. I would love to meet you and go for a hunt.

kayjayess
11-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Good luck. I hope all goes well. Bit of a drag hunting by yourself at times but still rewarding when you anchor something. Again good luck and take lots of pics.

Mr. Dean
11-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Knock em down on the road, as you and girl did with the moose. FORGET anything that's not standing in the middle of it. The effort of packing out a deer that's within shooting range of a road can be pretty staggering, even if the terrain *looks* friendly.

Whats Peters take (advice) on this? He would best know your limitations... In any regards; be careful not to fall on a stick and spear yourself (seriously).

troutseeker
11-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Have a great time Ali, you'll do just fine. Gutting and skinning are pretty easy. You just have to the stuff that's in the deer out of the deer and the skin that's on the deer off the deer. It ain't rocket science, just take your time, watch that you don't cut yourself and enjoy it!

Troutseeker

Salty
11-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Nothing wrong with gutting it, propping the chest cavity open with a stick so it can start to cool, then go get help to drag it to the truck. It can sit for quite a while in cool weather once the chest cavity is open to the air. How ever it goes good luck and have fun! :smile:

newhunterette
11-20-2008, 02:00 PM
something tells me Peter isnt gonna be packing my food or my gear like I do for him hehehehehe

Mr Dean - Peter's take on me doing this is "he isn't sure if he is ready to losen the ball n chain and give me a longer leash" I think he is more concerned about who is gonna feed his belly while I am gone lol.

newhunterette
11-20-2008, 02:06 PM
I just thought of something - is my 270 enough incase of wolf or coyote - I mean I know it took my moose down but if a wolf is coming at me with ugly teeth ready to chomp my backside I wanna know my 270 can take a bite out its hide

okay kind of freaking herself out now - maybe I will load my Mom in the truck with me - she runs slower hehehe (bad bad bad) sorry Momma

todbartell
11-20-2008, 02:13 PM
wolves are tough, and even if you make a good shot with your 270, it is likely if one is attacking you that it'd die while it was mauling you

rishu_pepper
11-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Will this thread degenerate into another wolf defense thread? :lol:

newhunterette
11-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Will this thread degenerate into another wolf defense thread? :lol:

um Brian you are missing out on moose t bones and lobster tonight buddy - sorry you had another commitment :(

rishu_pepper
11-20-2008, 04:08 PM
um Brian you are missing out on moose t bones and lobster tonight buddy - sorry you had another commitment :(

Wow I'm drooling just reading this post! :cool: But ya, church priorities come first. Oh well, there will be other opportunities I'm sure.

Bring back more game for us in the Cariboo! :smile:

LeverActionJunkie
11-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Good luck Ali. Don't worry about the wolves you can usually keep them at bay with a couple twizzlers, and some Jube Jubes............

You remembered the Jube Jubes didn't you?!?!?

BearSniper
11-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Have a a good trip

And take that awesome camera with you for pics.:razz:

newhunterette
11-22-2008, 09:13 AM
thanks everyone - for your support and confidence - this is going to be quite interesting for me

leaving at about 6:30 am tomorrow to be at Mom's early enough in the day to do some stuff around her place and then have a couple days to hunt :)

I will be back home Thursday some time :)

killman
11-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Good luck Ali, wack a big one!

newhunterette
11-23-2008, 08:04 PM
made it to 108 mile today safe and sound - going to Willy's Puddle tomorrow with mom then hunting tuesday - will do an late day hunt if we get home early enough from the puddle :)

NaStY
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Lots of luck Ali. I hear its slow hunting out there this year for most. Play safe.....

newhunterette
11-24-2008, 09:02 PM
so what are the odds that when my Mom and I get home from williams lake today we discover the reason her little pooch is always barking at one side of her house. I discoverd a game trail coming down the back part of her property to deer bedding down at the side of her house. Hoping to catch a photo of them tonight before I go to bed - have an early start to head out hunting in the morning - unfortunately even if there is a 4 pt bedding down near the house he is off limits to me - unless I can coax him to jump in my truck so I can drive him to a hunting area :)

hugs all - no snow in 108 Mile and none in willy's puddle either.

Will
11-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Best of Luck !
Happy hunting :cool:

wsm
11-24-2008, 09:57 PM
good luck.

newhunterette
11-27-2008, 04:50 PM
made it home safe and sound have quite a tale to get together and gosh dern dag nabbit I didn't get my buck but wow I can admit to having an adventure and learning so much about myself.

And yes I took a few photos that I will download as soon as I get unloaded, unpacked, and my suburban has never been so dirty, now I remember why we take Peter's truck so I dont get mine all messy.

Dirty
11-27-2008, 04:57 PM
I guess I lose that bet, I had 50 on you getting eaten by wolves.

newhunterette
11-27-2008, 04:59 PM
and who did u make that bet with? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

oldtimer
11-27-2008, 06:18 PM
" gosh dern dag nabbit " lmao what language is that anyway.
Glad you had a good trip Ali and look forward to the pics. Mike

newhunterette
11-27-2008, 06:56 PM
After my day with my Mom in William's Lake.

Tuesday morning I left her house at 6 am to head down to the cabin. I have never gone there before by myself and I had some things I needed to take care of for myself, sort of a quest and to prove to myself, being the "Princess" in my family I needed to prove to myself I can be independent and let go of some "emotional baggage" and I seem to be able to find the inner soul searching peace at the cabin.

So after taking inventory of what Peter had packed into my carry pack, I realized even though he provided me with my necessary needs for hiking and field dressing an animal, he didn't bother to take out the unnecessary stuff already left in the pack from when Azshia had it (.308 cartridges and her contact lens solution, empty food wrappers) and no he didnt pack my food I did that myself. What he did provide me with was a compass (no gps for this hunterette), his knives, his old binos (I don't need the good ones, I have better eyes than him), oh and the precious TP, 2 bottles of water, first aid kit, sewing kit (in case I need to give myself stitches using his sharp knives), flashlight, light and matches, gloves, .270 cartridges, .22 shots and from Leasmen a box of .410 shells and the Ispot.

I had my .270 rifle ready and the .410/.22 combo, cameras ready to go and I pulled out of the cabin to go on my first ever Lone hunt. To ease my way into this i decided to take more familiar FSR's to me just to warm myself up to really being adventurous.

more to come...............

newhunterette
11-27-2008, 07:11 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/moose%202008/DSC_0073.jpg

TIKA 300
11-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Ali,you are gonna just leave us hanging are you :razz: :razz:,well its working,nice pic....

newhunterette
11-27-2008, 07:37 PM
I drove quite a few roads and saw tons of tracks of deer but they were itty bitty ones (Does I am thinking) never saw them just their little prints and then I saw some big wolf prints and thought where there is wolves, there is deer but already spoken for so I moved onto another area. I turned down one logging road that I remember being quite heavy with deer at one time and decided to park the suburban and walk for a bit. I found 2 moose skeletons, one was surrounded by torn up fur and still had a little meat on the rib cage but the other was odd as it had no fur surounding it and was picked pretty clean of meat - I though at first both may have been wolf attacks , then maybe one was wolf food and one was hunter leavings, but chances are both were from wolves and the other was just dragged from the fur as it was everywhere, fur and bones. Walked a little more then sat for a bit (I don't have the knowlege of calls or rattling yet so I just sit and be very quiet and hope).

I walk back to the suburban and decide to go off the regular FSR's that I know and try a new one. All and All the first day I drove close to 200KM and walked a few more and saw 1 little squirrel.

It was beginning to get dark and having such a warm beautiful day was turning cold and snow was starting to come down so back to my Mom's I headed before she sent out the BIG BOYS to come find me.

Funny thing, meeting up with a few hunters in my travels, they were all looking for where my partner was and why HE was not with me.

Day one over :)

newhunterette
11-27-2008, 07:52 PM
uploading pictures to my files now and will post more when they are completed :)

killman
11-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Can you speed this up a little, the hockey game is on soon. :-P

newhunterette
11-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Geeze I am typing as fast as I can - I have it all ready done - came in from hunting and crashed to my pillow so laptop never got unpacked - be nice lol impatient arent we - trying upload the pics there is a few of them - you know me and my camera and I have video now too

Sideofabarn
11-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Yeah, c'mon Ali, you're killin' us here. Yes I know, a good story is like seduction, best done teasingly slowly...

Bowzone_Mikey
11-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Can you speed this up a little, the hockey game is on soon. :-P

dont see why that matters .. Calgary will win anyway ;)

newhunterette
11-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Day two, begins same as day one, leaving Mom's early morning. This time I remember to take Ispot out of my pack so I can let Peter know where I am headed. I picked my destination that I have known other hunters have pulled out beautiful 4 points and more over the years. Thinking I am pretty smart to have paid such close attention to all the roads we have travelled and scoped out, and there has been some really great active logging so new slashes have been created. After yesterdays adventure I am feeling even more ready to do this even though now I have snow all over the roads. I do not drive in snow so here goes another fear to overcome. I put the suburban in 4 wheel drive and off we go. I decided to stay on the main FSR and take little side roads to check things out for the morning and afternoon as I have to meet Mom back in Forest Grove to meet her over 50's legion group.

Hitting the road and getting the feel of driving in the snow I start thinking , hey this isnt so bad and I can see tracks even better in fresh snow, unfortunately just seeing the tracks of the critters doesn't give me a 4 pointer for my wall and freezer.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0047.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0049.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0050.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0051.jpg

newhunterette
11-27-2008, 08:23 PM
now I know y'all are gonna razz me about driving in the snow as it was just a little dusting so I was so informed by some hunters I happened to run into but snow to me can be one flake and I go into give me an "ativan" mode so I think I pulled this off pretty dern good.

newhunterette
11-27-2008, 10:19 PM
having technical difficulties will finish soon

sawmill
11-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Leaving for work now,looking forward to reading the next installment when I get home!

hunter1947
11-28-2008, 08:10 AM
And what next Ali ??:rolleyes:??.

Leaseman
11-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Sounds like a good trip Alison.... Happy to see you made it home in one piece! Congrats on your firsts!!

newhunterette
11-28-2008, 09:12 AM
sorry y'all for the interuption but Peter's cousin was arriving from Denmark and well I sort of had to leave the computer. So now where were we in this quest of mine? hehehehehhe

oh yes, me in the snow, finding so many new roads to explore while heading down to this area I know has shown so much potential, I really start enjoying driving in the snow. I learned how to back up properly and safely so you don't drive off the cliff and I discovered using gears 1 and 2 instead of always being in D :biggrin: I headed closer to my destination and found the scenery changing and getting thicker and harder to visualize any deer actually hiding anywhere to jump out and say "here I am" when suddenly I got one of those "OMG stop the truck and back up slowly feelings" (I have ABS breaks , I did not know this) as I glassed what I thought was big creamy coloured butt, I waited in hope to see a head rise up or an ear flicker, thinking all the while my eyes can not be playing such a cruel joke on me, this has to be my buck, Dag Nabbit if it wasn't a beautiful log. Checking the time now I decided if I went further I would start worrying my Mom as I would be late for the rendevous with her "over 50's" friends and she had made promise I would sing for them, now I can't disappoint my fans :roll: (in case y'all didn't know this about me, I can actually sing and some have said I sound a tad like Patsy Cline).

As I turn around I am feeling slightly defeated for not actually taking a buck, on my own but then I remembered so many pep talks from all my HBC friends teling me, it isn't all about the harvest, it is about the entire time in the wilderness and I then realize, "Hey, I did a lot of firsts this season, I took down my moose in October, I learned to cast my sturgeon rod without tangling the weight up, I drove in the snow, I went hunting and scouting all by myself, and I went into my cabin alone".

I am a perty dern successful this season :)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0052.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0053.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0054.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0055.jpg

newhunterette
11-28-2008, 09:34 AM
heading back down the main FSR I notice a small suv pulled over to the side of the road so I slow to a crawl, not wanting to disturb anyone in case they are on a stalk, then notice a couple fellow hunters heading back to the vehicle. I do the hunter code of the stop and say howdy. These guys were bow hunting and a little surprised to see me sitting in my suburban all suited up and alone. We had a bit of a conversation, you know the seeing anything, what ya after type stuff when one of the men mentions he is having technical difficulties with his bow and they were just about to head back to 100 mile, which meant ending their hunt for the day. I thought hard about what I was going to do in this next moment.
I offered the man with the broken bow a lift back to town so his friends wouldn't lose a half day of hunting and well they all thought that was a great and wonderful thing I just did. I had to warn the guy, it may be an adventure driving with me and my talkative nature may drive hime crazy and I tend to break out into a song while listening to my Ipod on my stereo, I also mentioned he would have to endure meeting my Mom and her friends when he mentioned to me he was old enough to join the over 50's group at the legion hehehehehehe.

We drove back to listening to wonderful old country tunes which he enjoyed and lots of conversation and him still in awe that I would be out alone and picking up a stranger. I said their is a difference in picking up strangers but he was a fellow hunter in need of help and it was the only correct thing to do but help him out of a jam as I am sure if the tables were turned he and his friends would surely of helped me.

We met up with my Mom and she was hoping my stranger was a single man as were many of the other widowed ladies but we had to tell them he is happily married. Funny thing as I called Peter to let him know I was safe and sound and I mention my kind stranger, he said make sure both his hands stay on the dash at all times lol. This man also filled my suburban with fuel as a thank you, now I thought it's a big ass tank so he was being very generous:).

Being raised by kindhearted and generous parents my Mom invited my new friend to dine with us, and he did and then I dropped him back at the place he was staying to fix his bow and wait for his friends to return. I know they were going out again in the morning so he only lost half a days trip but for me the next day brought me to my drive back home.

I stopped at a few places just to snap some photos.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0058.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0062.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0065.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0066.jpg

newhunterette
11-28-2008, 09:42 AM
I have to say this was a very uplifting and amazing experience.

here are a few more photos, I am sure many of you recognize the scenes.

and my suburban has never been so filthy, hehehhee heading to the car wash today to make it all lovely again.

I do hope y'all enjoyed my tale.
Ali

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0069.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0072.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0073.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Alisons%20Adventure/DSC_0076.jpg

oldtimer
11-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip and excellent pics to boot.Good on ya for helping a Bow Hunter as well.

rishu_pepper
11-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Good ol' Ali, helping out a fellow hunter in need. Do we expect anything less from her? :)

Too bad you couldn't find a critter, but it sounds like you had a great trip of firsts, and that beats work. :D

goatdancer
11-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Ali, your mother raised you well. Glad you enjoyed your solo foray into the great outdoors. See, snow ain't so bad.:biggrin:

newhunterette
11-28-2008, 02:50 PM
oh a couple things I forgot to mention well maybe I forgot to mention them on purpose but

I did have to do one thing in the snow that I know all men do - write their names in the snow - I discovered for a lady it doesn't work cause you have to make way to many manuevers http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/images/smilies/Flush.gif

and the Exeter Sporting Goods in 100Mile is having a huge sale and happened to buy Peter his Christmas present woohooooooo and no I can't tell y'all what I got him because he has become a lurker on here as well as has way too many of y'all will spill the beans to him :)

goatdancer
11-28-2008, 03:25 PM
oh a couple things I forgot to mention well maybe I forgot to mention them on purpose but

I did have to do one thing in the snow that I know all men do - write their names in the snow - I discovered for a lady it doesn't work cause you have to make way to many manuevers http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/images/smilies/Flush.gif

and the Exeter Sporting Goods in 100Mile is having a huge sale and happened to buy Peter his Christmas present woohooooooo and no I can't tell y'all what I got him because he has become a lurker on here as well as has way too many of y'all will spill the beans to him :)

It just takes a lot of practice. Keep working at it, you'll get it.......:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

sawmill
11-28-2008, 04:50 PM
[quote=newhunterette;367655]oh a couple things I forgot to mention well maybe I forgot to mention them on purpose but

Yeah stomping around with yer hunting boots tends to spoil the effect.Next time just try your initials.:biggrin:

sawmill
11-28-2008, 05:43 PM
And by the way,YOU ARE A CHAMPION!!!!An inspiration to my Wife for one(who just got her licsense) and an example to everyone that Hunters are some of the best people you will meet,ecspecially when you get sidewaysed in the bush.
Now eat lots of that good moose meat,stay strong,I know I speak for many when I say how happy we are and proud we are of you.

Merry Christmas Ali and Peter and family.

Joe and Leslie

porcupine
11-28-2008, 11:13 PM
It sounds like you had a wonderful adventure and, even though you did not shooot an animal, it will be an adventure that you will remember all your life. I hope that you print out your story and keep a hard copy, as well as those of all the comments, to read later or pass on to your grand children.
________
Mazda S platform (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_S_platform)

hunter1947
11-29-2008, 04:53 AM
Very nice pic Ali ,you had a good trip and you also helped out a HBC member ,very nice story you put up ,memories will be with you for ever.

H Wally
11-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Great trip and stories! Nice to hear you did all those new things and had a great time!

newhunterette
11-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Thank you everyone for giving me the confidence to trust in myself to go out and try this on my own - with our moose hunting trip and this adventure - I feel like a whole new beginning to my life has happend this season :)

I will treasure everyone's special words to me.

Always
Huggles and smooochies (sorry sometimes I can't resist)
Alison

Wolfman
11-29-2008, 05:18 PM
You rock, Ali ;-)

You've gone and gotten Debby all inspired now. Not about pee-ing in the snow, but about going out in the bush for game :razz:

Next thing you know a bunch of you HBC gals will all be going out after mulies or what have you with no yucky boys allowed ;-)

Wolfman

Gun Babe
11-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Ali....someone from England sent me a WHIZ.....a little device that a woman can use to go weeee in the woods..... Look on line ....they are not too expensive

Dirty
11-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Huggles and smooochies (sorry sometimes I can't resist)
Alison

Are you kidding me. I can't believe this thread is at 9 pages. We should have a flush button on here.

huntergirl270
11-29-2008, 06:29 PM
You rock, Ali ;-)

You've gone and gotten Debby all inspired now. Not about pee-ing in the snow, but about going out in the bush for game :razz:

Next thing you know a bunch of you HBC gals will all be going out after mulies or what have you with no yucky boys allowed ;-)

Wolfman

I think we should do it next year!! What do you think Ali??

moosinaround
11-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow this is getting a little estrogeny? for me! LOL! Way to be Ali! Writing your name in the snow ain't all it is cracked up to be! Moosin

interceptor
11-29-2008, 10:52 PM
G' Day Ali,

Glad you had a great Season, I showed Kathy the pics of the church and waterfall, we took pics of that same church and waterfall when we went through last year. It sure makes me want to come back over.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Cheers Noel

todbartell
11-29-2008, 11:06 PM
you know when you type **** or ********** on the forum? it shows up like ******..........the same should happen when you type in smoochies

newhunterette
11-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Are you kidding me. I can't believe this thread is at 9 pages. We should have a flush button on here.

as been said before if you don't like a thread don't read it:mad:

you know when you type **** or ********** on the forum? it shows up like ******..........the same should happen when you type in smoochies

and I did say "sorry I couldn't resist" and I haven't typed huggles and smoochies in a long time so stuff it in your shirt :mad:

newhunterette
11-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I think we should do it next year!! What do you think Ali??

Sherry, I am in total agreement - we can round up all the ladies of HBC and give the Men a real run for their money next hunting season as I think a lot of us have proved this season :)

todbartell
11-30-2008, 12:00 AM
I haven't typed huggles and smoochies in a long time so stuff it in your shirt :mad:

I will not tolerate rude behavior, careful now

huntcoop
11-30-2008, 12:13 AM

Don't worry, the oh so excited mods will delete it faster that Lightning McQueen.:eek:

bsa30-06
11-30-2008, 12:15 AM
I will not tolerate rude behavior, careful now

thats funny,cause you started it.....carefull or she'll send you a pm full of *********!!!!:p

hunter1947
11-30-2008, 05:46 AM
I think this gal hunt would be really cool http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif ,I hope a percentage of you Ladies can make it happen for next year ,will be looking forward to the hunt as for the the stories ,good luck at making it happen http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

oldtimer
11-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Last time I checked there was no rule that you had to read threads you didn't like. Mike

eastkoot
11-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Check it out, you too can write your name in the snow!!!
http://whizzy4you.com/

todbartell
11-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Last time I checked there was no rule that you had to read threads you didn't like. Mike

I just keep checking back waiting for the wolf attack......

mcrae
11-30-2008, 06:21 PM
I just keep checking back waiting for the wolf attack......

Is your top rolled down so your hair can't blow:mrgreen:...

I love Vanilla Ice he rocks!!!

todbartell
11-30-2008, 06:38 PM
word to your mother

TIKA 300
11-30-2008, 08:58 PM

There was a set up @ the golf show in BC Place a few years back,it sold THE PEE MATE....

The couple working beside us and myself had some pretty funny jokes going about that 1......

newhunterette
12-01-2008, 11:41 AM

There was a set up @ the golf show in BC Place a few years back,it sold THE PEE MATE....

The couple working beside us and myself had some pretty funny jokes going about that 1......

okay okay I think I got over penis envy quickly that day and decided I didn't really need to spell my name in the snow - got too cold lol