PDA

View Full Version : Crazy buck action this evening!!

Orangethunder
11-18-2008, 09:50 PM
I was out in the car port tonight cleaning out the truck and I hear footsteps coming down the road. The steps slow down as they go past the back of the truck and then stop for a moment. I am thinking to myself who the heck is snooping around the back of the truck. I turn around as a little two point muley makes his way over towards my ornamental plum. He isnt more than ten feet away and starts to lower his head as if to rub my pretty little tree. I grunt at him and he nearly jumped out of his skin. I had a good laugh as he bounded down the road towards the hayfield. Gotta love BC!

doubled
11-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Where abouts are you? Sounds like you live on a game farm.

tooley
11-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Gotta love BC. I live in BC and I don't have bucks in my yard.

Prowler
11-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Haha, thats a great story, so whats your adress, and will your plum tree hold a tree stand?

goatdancer
11-18-2008, 11:42 PM
You should have poked him with an arrow, after you lassoed him and tied him to the bumper of your truck......

Allen50
11-18-2008, 11:46 PM
thats neat, i had 4 blacktail in my yard this past oct, was feeding them apples, from about 20 feet away,,, way to cool to see,,, vancouver island,, i am,,,

The 'Hummer'
11-19-2008, 12:04 AM
thats neat, i had 4 blacktail in my yard this past oct, was feeding them apples, from about 20 feet away,,, way to cool to see,,, vancouver island,, i am,,,
That's nice to see, but keep in mind, if they start getting overly aggressive, give me a shout.:idea: I live close by and could help you out.;-)

hunter1947
11-19-2008, 03:48 AM
Last evening I looked out my front room widow at 11.45pm and saw a 2x2 eating my grass like crazy ,he was about 20 feet from my window.

sawmill
11-19-2008, 05:25 AM
Gotta love BC. I live in BC and I don't have bucks in my yard.
Move to Kimberley ,the monster mules are rutting right now.It`s quite a show somedays!

brian
11-19-2008, 09:58 AM
I couple weekends ago was trumping all over creation looking for decent sign and found nothing but old tracks. So I go back to my parents house in Abbotsford for the night and lo and behold there they all are nibbling away at their ornamental shrubs. The irony wasn't lost on me.

Eagle1
11-19-2008, 10:44 AM
That's nice to see, but keep in mind, if they start getting overly aggressive, give me a shout.:idea: I live close by and could help you out.;-)

He'd give his lil brudder a call first. I heard you weren't very good with a bow. LOL:smile:

Salty
11-19-2008, 10:59 AM
A few years back at our old place my wife went out to get something out of her car one night - turned around half way and B lined back to the house.
"I think I saw a cougar out there!"
My pulse quickened a little as there had been a couple people attacked recently up here that year, and cats had cleaned most of the dogs and cats out of the Reserve just up the road..
I went out with a flash light and spotted two sets of glowing eyes attached to tawny bodys.
I came back in the house and announced there were indeed two (cloven hoofed) cougars right beside the house. :o A doe and last year's fawn. .. That remains a joke with here and I.. cloven hoofed cougars he hahhha

Orangethunder
11-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Where abouts are you? Sounds like you live on a game farm.

Region 5

I have deer through my yard everyday. The subdivision is in between a nice field and a big creek. The deer travel back and forth on our street. The kids like watching them on the lawn in the morning. I just hope the plum trees dont get shredded...

Gunner
11-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Last year I watched a big 5X5 Whitey rubbing the trees on the edge of my yard,2 days after the season closed!It's not the first time that's happened! Gunner

bruin
11-19-2008, 05:10 PM
I was out in the car port tonight cleaning out the truck and I hear footsteps coming down the road. The steps slow down as they go past the back of the truck and then stop for a moment. I am thinking to myself who the heck is snooping around the back of the truck. I turn around as a little two point muley makes his way over towards my ornamental plum. He isnt more than ten feet away and starts to lower his head as if to rub my pretty little tree. I grunt at him and he nearly jumped out of his skin. I had a good laugh as he bounded down the road towards the hayfield. Gotta love BC!

Ha ha! He thought he was pretty durn tough til' somebody else showed up! I used to think the same way when I was his age (in people years)

reaper1
11-19-2008, 09:23 PM
This seems to happen alot. The other day my wife and I load the truck, slam the door to the house, and then hop in and slam the doors to the truck to go hunting. Looking into the yard from the driveway a two point buck lay there watching and probably saying to himself," Glad I am not out of city limits.

Chasinracks
11-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Haha, thats a great story, so whats your adress, and will your plum tree hold a tree stand?

FUNNY dude!!

Big7
11-19-2008, 11:10 PM
I was standing beside the hot tub on my deck and shot a rabbit with my recurve a few weeks ago. As Orangehunter said....gotta love BC!!!