PDA

View Full Version : StealthCam Vandals!

kootenayelkslayer
11-15-2008, 10:16 PM
I went to check my Stealthcam today in one of my white-tail spots, and at a distance I could tell my camera was facing the wrong way. When I got closer I could see that the latches had been popped opened and the camera had swung wide open. I thought...Great some ass has messed with my camera. I could see on the screen that there were 40 pictures, so I knew I'd atleast have pictures of the jerk.
When I looked around for human tracks all I could find were elk prints... so I looked at the pictures and sure enough it had been a herd of elk that tried to bust up my camera. I had several clear pictures of a spike bull and a few cows, but the rest of the pictures were extreme close ups of nostrils, ears and antlers. The camera seems to be fine, just some dings and dents on the outside. Amazing they actually opened up the latches!
Apparently elk don't appreciate being spied on. Here's one of the culprits:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/mikeb04/PICT0002.jpg

wetcoastwillie
11-15-2008, 10:21 PM
That's unacceptable!

I'd hunt him down and kill him! ;-)

35 Whelen
11-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Don't be shy how about posting some more photos please.

Can you tell us what camera you were using? and if you are happy with the results of your make and model stealth cam...other than those vandals....LOL

lip_ripper00
11-15-2008, 10:29 PM
I thought I was going to read about more thieft and distruction from undesirable individuals, this looks like some good pictures!!! Damage minimal?

mud-dog27
11-15-2008, 10:35 PM
he looks PISSED:evil:

kootenayelkslayer
11-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Don't be shy how about posting some more photos please.

Can you tell us what camera you were using? and if you are happy with the results of your make and model stealth cam...other than those vandals....LOL

I only loaded this pic on to my computer. I guess I should've loaded up some other ones. All you can see is fur, but they're pretty funny.

This camera is the StealthCam Prowler. I don't know tons about it, it was given to me. But it takes great pictures and video and all the night shots are infrared. Definitely a handy scouting tool.

Shooter
11-15-2008, 10:53 PM
I guess you need the Ultra stealth cam next.

mikek blacktail
11-15-2008, 10:53 PM
had mine pulled right of the tree by an ellk behind moyie lake ,same thing lots of nostril pics

dunbartr
11-16-2008, 12:19 AM
cool!!!!!!!!

Allen50
11-16-2008, 12:32 AM
thats to funny, your all worked up because you though a hunter or someone did the cam in, and to find out it was one of the animal your looking for, maybe they did not like there pic taken,, lol lol lol

hunter1947
11-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Very cool pic ,love the way this spike looks ,he is thinking what is going on.

Chuck
11-16-2008, 09:00 AM
I read someplace that it has been determined that there are two types of Stealth Cams. Ones that don't and ones that do emit a wavelength that actually attracts the curiosity of animals. I wish now that I had saved that info, but then I do occasionally get things right.