PDA

View Full Version : Pussy

BearSniper
11-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Heh Heh:razz:

Now that I have your attention........

Today is the first day for cats in many regions.

So get a Cougar, Bobcat, or Lynx tag in your pocket and be prepared.

Like they say in the Lottery commercials: "you just never know"

chilcotin hillbilly
11-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Just remember, it is illegal to shoot a mother cougar with kittens. Without the aid of hounds it is difficult to judge the sex correctly. Chances are the female will not have her kittens with her so just don't shoot every cat you see. You better consentrating your efforts on killing wolves.

BearSniper
11-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Point taken.

I have 2 Bobs on the wall already, a Lynx would be nice, a Cougar incredible.

Wolves I'd love to get, but the damn things are so cagey you'll never see them.

I'd love to try a bait set up with a tent blind but I think a fella would have to mostly try region 5-1 and 5-2. Not easy to get to every day frorm the LMR

chilcotin hillbilly
11-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Wolves are a big problem all over the province. Has any one had success with predator calls. My friend does a great dog fight sound ending with a yelp which works great. The last time he called in 5 wolves inside of 50 yards, the wolves started barking at him. He got so flustered he missed his only shot.

BearSniper
11-15-2008, 02:41 PM
50 yards!

Crap. I often carry my 12 ga. with me with 00 buck and I'd have blasted 2 or 3 at that distance. Too bad.

Barracuda
11-15-2008, 02:53 PM
I know of a section by hope that holds lynx ,I was surprised as it is so low down so make sure you are clear on lynx and Bobcats too.

There are wolves in harrison but they are not stupid.

Steeleco
11-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Got my Bobcat tag today, will be heading out in the morning to do some recon, if the area in mind shows good sign, they'd better hide next weekend!!

Funnily enough we're heading just north of Hope, after reading Cudas post above, I'd better do some homework!!

hunter1947
11-16-2008, 08:12 AM
I will be picking up my cat tag in the next week.

BTS and company will be headed out sortly for cats once there is some snow on the ground.

browningboy
11-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Before you guys head out make sure if you want to smell "cat" like and need to get a cat, find a old tom cat in the neighbourhood that is well endowed and have him spray you all over, make sure he gets you really good and now that you have the scent, you will be attractive to all the cougars, this is your best chance!:-P

Good luck!

hunter1947
11-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Before you guys head out make sure if you want to smell "cat" like and need to get a cat, find a old tom cat in the neighbourhood that is well endowed and have him spray you all over, make sure he gets you really good and now that you have the scent, you will be attractive to all the cougars, this is your best chance!:-P

Good luck!

Good idea http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon3.gif ,I know where there is a big tom cat ,will get him to shoot me up good ,thanks for you advice ,you know you are real knowledgeable when it comes to ideas ,thanks very much for your advice B Boy http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif.

browningboy
11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Good idea http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon3.gif ,I know where there is a big tom cat ,will get him to shoot me up good ,thanks for you advice ,you know you are real knowledgeable when it comes to ideas ,thanks very much for your advice B Boy http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif.

Well don't mention it but in reality I wouldn't knock it until you tried it!

SHAKER
11-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Only a few days away here in the OK.
Check list:
Hounds: Ready
Truck: Ready
Sled: Ready
Tow behind hound hauler: Ready
Cat rifle: Almost ready NEED CHEEP SCOPE FAST!
Radio tracking: New batteries and ready
Leashes: Welded new clips on... Ready.
Tags: Will do today
Camera: ready
Snow: Not here yet! non in sight either......

Gett'n their and should be ready for opening day. Let it snow!

Mr. Dean
11-19-2008, 03:55 PM
SHAKER!

I got a cheap Bushnell Sportview in 4x-12x X 40 Parallax adjustable. I've used it and it's 'good'.

Ya wannit?

Gunner
11-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey Shaker,take along a Brant decoy for good luck! Cheers,Gunner

Steeleco
11-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Anyone got advice on which calls would work best on small kitties?
I have some but I'd like to know if I'm even close to having the right one??

mijinkal
11-20-2008, 10:12 AM
my cat climbed into my neighbours truck and pissed all over it. If anybody wants to borrow it for some cat road hunting let me know before I clean it out. It smells GREAT!!

SHAKER
11-21-2008, 03:36 PM
First off
mr. Dean'r thanx for the offer but I really was look'n for a set 4x or something similar to abuse, but thanx anyways. Sort of found what I was look'n for but I'm still lookn.

Mr. Gunner, you know you cant leave home without a Brant decoy taped to the roof. Its just bad luck!

BiG Boar
11-21-2008, 03:59 PM
mother in law saw a bobcat in her backyard in Port Moody yesterday. It was stalking her poodle. Mmmmmm....poodle meat.....

Mr. Dean
11-23-2008, 01:32 AM
First off
mr. Dean'r thanx for the offer but I really was look'n for a set 4x or something similar to abuse, but thanx anyways. Sort of found what I was look'n for but I'm still lookn.

Not a problem. If you end up getting 'stuck', lemme know and I'll send it out to ya ASAP.

SHAKER
11-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Not a problem. If you end up getting 'stuck', lemme know and I'll send it out to ya ASAP.

Thats a great offer, but I scored a 3x9 cheepy the other day. Should work good enough to do a 20 yarder if needed. I should just use that thing like a shot gun at the range's I deal with. My friend got his first cat last year at 6 feet! Good thing too, since it had my male Ottis the distroyer by the face.

Do you know anyone with a reloading die for a .223? going to be doing some reduced loads pretty soon.

Mr. Dean
11-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Thats a great offer, but I scored a 3x9 cheepy the other day. Should work good enough to do a 20 yarder if needed. I should just use that thing like a shot gun at the range's I deal with. My friend got his first cat last year at 6 feet! Good thing too, since it had my male Ottis the distroyer by the face.

Do you know anyone with a reloading die for a .223? going to be doing some reduced loads pretty soon.

Yeah........ ME!
But it's busy as hell and can't part with it. I too will be working on a 'squib', for similar reasons. Once started, I'll report progress/failures.

I'm planning on a Lynx hunt for next weekend. I'm kinda forced into packing the .22lr for em, AND the .223, just incase it turns into a yote fest. :smile:

Once back, I'll get down on the reducers for the .223

SHAKER
11-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Cool! where are you go'n Lynx'n?

I'm sett'n up for my annual Rock creek hound dog week, hang'n with them stick chuck'n guys. Hope the snows going to be good this year, was starting on the 20th when we pulled out.

Barracuda
11-23-2008, 04:58 PM
I got a secret local squirrel spot for bobcats that ran the dogs ragged last year so with any luck its gonna be the same this year. :razz:

Mr. Dean
11-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Cool! where are you go'n Lynx'n?

I'm sett'n up for my annual Rock creek hound dog week, hang'n with them stick chuck'n guys. Hope the snows going to be good this year, was starting on the 20th when we pulled out.

Why,,,,, :shock: Clearwater :shock:, of course.