PDA

View Full Version : What stage is the rut reg.3?

trailhunter
11-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Ive heard a few different stories so far. I shot my muley last year on the 15th and he was in full rut but ive heard its a week behind this year. What are you guys seeing? Alot of puffed up bucks running around ?

Shermdog
11-15-2008, 12:30 AM
I got mine oct 18th, but his neck was puffy, and tons of ppl agreed, where are this right now im looking for a whitey and im having shit all for luck, anyone around kamloops please point me in the right direction if you can, im not from here and have never hunted whiteys and have had no luck and really wanna get one :) poor students need to eat haha!!

Will
11-15-2008, 12:31 AM
What are you guys seeing? Alot of puffed up bucks running around ?
Yes........;)

trailhunter
11-15-2008, 12:43 AM
im thinking of heading out around the 22 of nov. Do you guys think its to late to get into the rut or we might hit the tail end of it?

ElkMasterC
11-15-2008, 12:43 AM
I give it 6/10

muley kid
11-15-2008, 12:46 AM
didnt know there were any bucks in rg 3... no bucks = no rut i suggest u stay home in ur own area:-D

trailhunter
11-15-2008, 01:00 AM
good suggestion.............to bad i love muley hunting more than i love my girlgriend of 8 years lol

Will
11-15-2008, 01:00 AM
im thinking of heading out around the 22 of nov. Do you guys think its to late to get into the rut or we might hit the tail end of it?
Another week won't hurt things this year.....on the 22nd you'll still find plenty of Bucks hanging around Reg 3.
I wouldn't worry too much about being "late" for some rut action 8)

trailhunter
11-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Yeah i kinda figured it wouldn't be to late. My main concern is bush conditions. I really enjoy to hike around the timber for they sneaky hat racks but its kinda tough if there is a hard 2 week old crust of snow everywhere. The conditions were perfect last year but its hard to win the lotto every year. Ohhhhhhh how a dream of 5iches of freash powder

johnk
11-15-2008, 06:16 AM
good suggestion.............to bad i love muley hunting more than i love my girlgriend of 8 years lol

She's a little young to be dating, isn't she?:eek:

hunter1947
11-15-2008, 06:16 AM
I got one last week hear on the island and his neck was swollen up big time and he had two does with him ,this was at sea level ,its a different story up hi ,there still not quite into it in the upper hi elevations ,should be good this weekend or the next.

johnk
11-15-2008, 06:19 AM
I got mine oct 18th, but his neck was puffy, and tons of ppl agreed, where are this right now im looking for a whitey and im having shit all for luck, anyone around kamloops please point me in the right direction if you can, im not from here and have never hunted whiteys and have had no luck and really wanna get one :) poor students need to eat haha!!

If you wanna hunt Whiteys up around Tunkwa PM me and I can direct you to where they were rutting last year at the end of November.

Steeleco
11-15-2008, 09:06 AM
The boy I took last week in the south end of 3-13 was real stinky, the neck was pretty big. Even has a antler puncture on his left rump!