PDA

View Full Version : Go'in Out Tommorrow

kgriz
11-14-2008, 11:33 PM
After reading all of the voluminous scientific, political and you name it crap on some of the threads ( and some of my own rants:-P). I have decided to go and try and kill a big buck that's been hanging around my families' place and maybe a doe while I'm at it. I'm not going to think about all of the laws and hypocricies that go along with them or all of the "inner workings that spawned a somewhat contoversial doe season or if its fair that I'm the only one that can hunt where I am...............I'm just going to take my kids out and try to shoot something good. Then I'll post the pic's and tell a story.
Easy.
I'm starting to think that the hunters that many poke fun at who drive around supposedly "a little clueless" are not nearly as clueless as we'd like to believe........They're not obsessed with all of the issues on here, they're just out because they want to go hunt'in.

boxhitch
11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Behind the fence hunt ? Is that fair chase ? And your going to show the kids ? :tongue:

hunters that many poke fun at who drive around supposedly "a little clueless" are not nearly as clueless as we'd like to believe...
:|Luv it

Kidding aside, hope you have a good day.

Will
11-15-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm just going to take my kids out and try to shoot something good. Then I'll post the pic's and tell a story.
And that right there is the essence of it all.........
Best of luck:smile:

johnk
11-15-2008, 06:27 AM
Sorry, what did the rest of the post say? I just can't get past the word.....voluminous!:razz:

doubled
11-15-2008, 06:36 AM
Good luck on the game farm.

sawmill
11-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Did I miss something?Again?:eek:

Sitkaspruce
11-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Good luck Mike and have fun with those kids of yours!!!!!

SS

kgriz
11-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I wasn't really poular with my 3 year old daughter at 5:30 this morning but things quited down in the truck as the Timbits arrived:p. Judging by his tracks, big-boy heard us coming( what a surprise as I was dragging Brooklyn on crunchy snow in a plastic ice-fishing 'boggin) and snuck to some adjacent private property. There are way less deer around as my brother-in -law combined most of the grain last week:frown:but looks like at least one good buck is rubbing and nosing around. We'll run into him sooner or later.........The wife is still out of town this evening so we'll hook up with Krico and his son and try for a white-tail at last light this evening at another honey-hole nearby.......There have been some wolves there lately, the alpha female "ex-mate" from my big wolf actually and she's jet black so hopefully....................:cool:

ThisIsLiving
11-15-2008, 02:15 PM
good luck on the wolf and whitey :)

kgriz
11-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Took me 20 minutes to wade through my stuff to find my windowmount for my spotting scope.........road hunting at its greatest:shock:

Krico
11-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Well I can tell you we came back with our ears ringing - unfortunately not from gunfire but noise from the back seat:shock:
Still better than sitting on the couch watching tv...