PDA

View Full Version : It all came together

clu__82
11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Firstly, I want to thank everyone on here that helped me out over the past couple of months ( you know who you are) for giving me information about the Valemount/McBride area. My dad and I recently hunted regions 7-2, 7-3, 7-4 from Nov 7th-Nov12th. We camped near McBride, 10 KM up on the Holmes FSR. It was an awesome little spot. We hunted Mountainview FSR above McBride without any luck, but it was a beautiful area. We also tried hunting along Holmes FSR but it was very steep and there wasnt alot of sign in that area. So with a bit of a tip from the gentleman at the Husky in McBride, we decided to head to the Dunster area. As many of you had said on this forum it was loaded with deer. We probably saw close to 100 does in farmers fields in 3 days, and unfortuntately we saw 6 bucks. Man did they know that they were untouchable. Coming down the hill we saw a buck standing about 20 yards into the farmers field and he didnt even turn his head. It was quite frustrating. However, we did run into some luck and I managed to shoot my first deer. It was a 100 yard shot, 3x2 probably around 2 to 2 1/2 year old Mule deer. I blew the bottom half of its heart into pieces and managed to catch both lungs. He took about 4 steps and then fell over dead under a tree. It was such a rush and so awesome. I was so happy that my dad was there to witness it. I have been waiting 20 years for that day and it finally came. So again, I want to say thank you for all of the help on this forum and for helping me have a dream come true. I hope all is well.

clu__82

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/clu__82/Muledeer-McBrideBC09NOV2008.jpg

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/clu__82/Muledeer-McBrideBC09NOV2008--2.jpg

Wildfoot
11-13-2008, 06:34 PM
nice job! Where are the pictures!?!?!
What area did you shoot the buck?

clu__82
11-13-2008, 06:45 PM
I was actually going to post just that question. How do you post pictures on the forum because I would like to put it on here.

Steeleco
11-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Have a read here: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=3409
Or get a photobucket account, they're free and will auto size big pictures for you.

5 spike
11-13-2008, 07:58 PM
a fine looking buck, congrats

stickbow
11-13-2008, 08:00 PM
nice looking buck,,,congrats

Wildfoot
11-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Looks like ya didn't need snowshoes afterall eh? :lol:

martyonthewater
11-13-2008, 08:30 PM
nice buck, congrats

BCrams
11-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Firstly, I want to thank everyone on here that helped me out over the past couple of months ( you know who you are) for giving me information about the Valemount/McBride area. My dad and I recently hunted regions 7-2, 7-3, 7-4 from Nov 7th-Nov12th. We camped near McBride, 10 KM up on the Holmes FSR. It was an awesome little spot. We hunted Mountainview FSR above McBride without any luck, but it was a beautiful area. We also tried hunting along Holmes FSR but it was very steep and there wasnt alot of sign in that area. So with a bit of a tip from the gentleman at the Husky in McBride, we decided to head to the Dunster area. As many of you had said on this forum it was loaded with deer. We probably saw close to 100 does in farmers fields in 3 days, and unfortuntately we saw 6 bucks. Man did they know that they were untouchable. Coming down the hill we saw a buck standing about 20 yards into the farmers field and he didnt even turn his head. It was quite frustrating. However, we did run into some luck and I managed to shoot my first deer. It was a 100 yard shot, 3x2 probably around 2 to 2 1/2 year old Mule deer. I blew the bottom half of its heart into pieces and managed to catch both lungs. He took about 4 steps and then fell over dead under a tree. It was such a rush and so awesome. I was so happy that my dad was there to witness it. I have been waiting 20 years for that day and it finally came. So again, I want to say thank you for all of the help on this forum and for helping me have a dream come true. I hope all is well.

clu__82

Glad to see your hunt was successful and you were able to share that with your Dad - although ... I do wonder why you would spend 3 days in an area of private land like that looking at deer you can't hunt / shoot. I know it probably was frustrating.

sneg
11-13-2008, 09:28 PM
nice buck ,way to go.congrats

clu__82
11-13-2008, 09:36 PM
We were hunting the area surrounding McBride....and to get to where we wanted to hunt from our camp 10 km up on the mountain, we had to drive past the farmers fields everyday ...we werent actually hunting the fields we were hunting in and around the McBride and Dunster area.....

gameslayer
11-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Congrats nice first buck.

doubled
11-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Well done. Always good to get out with the old man.

hunter1947
11-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Its nice to be able to hunt with your dad and to get this fine buck even makes the trip much more exciting ,congrats to you and your dad on a successfully tip.

Sitkaspruce
11-14-2008, 10:14 AM
The smile says it all!!!!!!!

Congrats on your first of many.

Cheers

SS

Tarp Man
11-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah, that is a $hi'! eating grin for sure. Congratulations, I know how that "first buck" rush feels from not too long ago. Well done.

beeker
11-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Beauty Buck Chad... way to go man!