PDA

View Full Version : Cool new 2 seat ATV that I won't buy

Gateholio
11-13-2008, 01:17 AM
http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=398581

Bow Walker
11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Jeez Clarke - there's even room for TB right there beside you, well within arms reach! Maybe you and he can go halfies on one?

Slime green cat
11-13-2008, 08:19 PM
They have been on the market for over a year .... kinda new but not really .
They are junk .... cool looking, very fast and sporty, but junk ... they dont hold up well to hard off road use .

The Rhino is a little less sporty, but alot more durable ;)

Bowzone_Mikey
11-13-2008, 08:23 PM
The Ranger is Polaris' side by side ... the RZR is a hot rod ... lots of after market parts ... but as said above ... in stock form they dont take much of a beating ... with some after parts they rock ....

If I wanted a side by side play toy I would get one ..but for a Ute I would spend my money on a Kubota

Barracuda
11-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Kawasaki Teryx is the way to go.

lip_ripper00
11-13-2008, 09:10 PM
I have not had much experiance with these YET, however we have 2 of the Kubota RTV 9000's and not even the idiot students we hire have been able to screw them up yet!!!

browningboy
11-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Jeez Clarke - there's even room for TB right there beside you, well within arms reach! Maybe you and he can go halfies on one?

Thats funny, what about Rishu being on Todds lap! :shock::wink:

Gateholio
11-13-2008, 11:08 PM
What is WRONG with you people??:-D

Phil
11-13-2008, 11:25 PM
I have a friend who bought one and he loves it. I just can't see how it will go wherever a quad will go.

11-14-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't see much difference between this machine and an old Suzuki Tracker or Jeep CJ/YJ with a lift kit and over-size tires and would probably be a lot cheaper. The lines between ATV and 4x4 jeep type truck are getting blurry.

rishu_pepper
11-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Thats funny, what about Rishu being on Todds lap! :shock::wink:

Eew no way, I don't swing that way. bartell and Gatehouse, on the other hand... ;)

rocksteady
11-14-2008, 12:25 PM

So you and TB don't like side by side, but rather belly to back for heat transfer, in order to prevent hypothermia.....????????????????

Slime green cat
11-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Kawasaki Teryx is the way to go.

From what this video shows, the Terxy is a turd http://uorcvideos.com/rhinoteryx.wmv

Now, I realize this is a Yamaha produced vid .... but they make some strong points :?

Kawi's CVT is the biggest problem ... Overall Kawasaki makes a pretty good product, but there belt drive design is sad .... as is the Polaris .

Barracuda
11-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Kawasqaki listened to feedback and addressed issues .
Teryx has FI for 2009 new digi dash ,tilt box and revamped cvt and more stuff.
The Teryx is lower geared in Reverse and in Lowrange then the Rhino also the cage is rated for it and if you have been in either of them you will see why the Teryx does not need to have the side doors .

I think the competition is good as it will force both to step up to the plate and give a better product. I wouldnt say no to either of them but for me and the dogs the teryx is the one i would choose

sawmill
11-14-2008, 06:41 PM
What is the best 2 seater atv?My father in law has a Rhino,I`ve run it a lot and it seems pretty good,I ain`t a wildman on it,I just need it to take me and the Wife hunting.

zedex
11-14-2008, 10:43 PM
If i were to buy a side by side i would forget the models like honda,kawi,polaris etc and buy a kobota. Diesel,hydralic tilt box and power. The big 3 are already 1000 lbs so you cant drag it out or lift it by hand so you might as well make it 1500 lbs and have a real machine. You still cant beat a quad for manouverabilty,speed,power to weight ratio and you cant stand and absorb rough trails with your knees on a side by side. You have to sit and let your ass take all the punishment.Not only that quads can scoot under fallen trees where a side by side you have to pull out the chain saw and clear trail.
I guess if the wife were hunting with me a side by side would be satisfactory .