PDA

View Full Version : Harrison East/Frustrated

bsa30-06
11-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Well i woke up this am with nothing to do so i woke my 4 year old grabbed my gear and headed for Harrison.I didnt hav much time , had to be back early for my oldest boys 18th birthday.I havent been there in a few years and man was i surprised to see that my favorite meadow was logged off.I always liked to sit at this clearing, and usually saw does there .I dont know when it was logged off or if its a good or bad thing.The area is alot more open which i like, but vehicles can get up there.I always hiked up and today had a damn truck drive in there and start cutting wood.In case your wondering it was another frustrating trip into the harrison area , reminded me of why i quit going there a couple years ago didnt see a damn thing.

bsa30-06
11-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Oh yeah forgot to mention driving on the highway coming home i saw a white pick up pulling a trailer with 3 quads on it,under the blue tarp in the pick up box i could see the tips of an antler sticking up....if your a member here congrats and post some pics so i can see what the rest of looks like.

Steeleco
11-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Lloyd, hunting Harrison has never been easy. They are there, but they're Blacktails, not Mulies!! Don't give up on the area, I'll be going in there at least one time before the season is done, I don't hold my breath, but I'll still have a good day of it!

sneg
11-12-2008, 07:02 AM
hunting harrison is not easy,but buck definetly there. I got one last sunday and my hunting buddy got another on tuesday.have seen at least 4 another buck harvested. lot of hunters in the area.

stanway
11-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Lloyd, hunting Harrison has never been easy. They are there, but they're Blacktails, not Mulies!! Don't give up on the area, I'll be going in there at least one time before the season is done, I don't hold my breath, but I'll still have a good day of it!

Hey David, let me know when you're heading up and I'll meet up with you (if it's on a weekend).

James

Barracuda
11-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey Lloyd if ya want to head into the harrison area let me know . I have a few places i know of that might work out .

Steeleco
11-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey David, let me know when you're heading up and I'll meet up with you (if it's on a weekend).

James

Will do, but it might just be in the middle of the lake!! :cool::cool:

ruger#1
11-12-2008, 06:02 PM
I shot my first blacktail around 20 mile bay. you have to hit the clear cuts in the evening. i will be going hunting around here again. Take a doe bleat with you and some doe in heat sent.

twoSevenO
11-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Lloyd is this the same east side spot we talked about a while back, with the gate??? if they went back in there that's a damn shame!!!

I"m heading out to the west side Nov 22 for an overnight trip. SPeaking of doe bleats ... what can you guys suggest that's easy to use for a newbie, i've never tried but wouldn't mind giving it a shot :)

ruger#1
11-12-2008, 06:44 PM
get the can bleat , you just turn it upside down and i works. I bleat when walking. Do it about every ten minutes. I have the primos long can, I use it the most, I also have a HS strut long can , and a quakerboy small can.

bsa30-06
11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
get the can bleat , you just turn it upside down and i works. I bleat when walking. Do it about every ten minutes. I have the primos long can, I use it the most, I also have a HS strut long can , and a quakerboy small can.

yep.... i use can bleat.Anybody using grunt tubes,rattle bags , anything you would recomend.