PDA

View Full Version : Elk Bugles

shantz
11-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Just wondering what everyone is using for an elk bugle. I had a Primos Terminator but a friend set it down on our last hunt and lost it. (damn camo cover) Now i am in the market again I really liked the terminator and had good results but I have also heard good things about the Power Bugle from E.L.K. Figured some outside imput wouldn't hurt.

Thanks

tuchodi
11-11-2008, 02:09 PM
In our hunting group we use mostly the Power Bugle from ELK Inc. It has worked good for us for many years and is very easy to use. We also have a collection of a lot of differant calls that we have used over the years but seem to always go back to the Power Bugle. The mouth reed ones are good as your hands are free but they are a little harder to use and some people can't use them as they seam to chock on them. The Cow Talk from ELK Inc is also very easy to use as a cow call and you can controll it very well for differant situations.

shantz
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
In our hunting group we use mostly the Power Bugle from ELK Inc. It has worked good for us for many years and is very easy to use. We also have a collection of a lot of differant calls that we have used over the years but seem to always go back to the Power Bugle. The mouth reed ones are good as your hands are free but they are a little harder to use and some people can't use them as they seam to chock on them. The Cow Talk from ELK Inc is also very easy to use as a cow call and you can controll it very well for differant situations.

Ya i am trying to learn how to use month reeds. i have a hoochie momma, a primos cow girl and a primos diaphram (black) for cow calls so ive got that covered.

30-06
11-11-2008, 02:46 PM
i use the primos terminator with the hoochie momma and i can use the primos reeds. white/red the best.

todbartell
11-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Primos sonic dome mouth diaphragm in either single/double/or triple reed depending on what I want to sound like

willyqbc
11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm a big fan of the Berry "Thunder Bugle". You can get 5 different reeds to change the tone....very reliable and has proven itself to me over the last 3 seasons.

Chris

Caveman
11-11-2008, 06:05 PM
I just picked up a Royal Bugle, next step up from the Power Bugle, and love it. Just started working with it and find you can make some great sounds with it

shantz
11-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Ya i was in Wholesale a few days ago to check out the Power Bugle but all they had was the Royal. i think im gunna buy another terminator.

Elkaholic
11-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Get the newest Primos bugle called the "Baffle" my cousin got one and he had the bull rocking with it. The tube has a very neat design too.

Jetboater
11-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Primos sonic dome mouth diaphragm in either single/double/or triple reed depending on what I want to sound like

This is what I use... with 2 different bugle tubes a long and a short... as well as the hyper lip single from primos for in close and the IMAKA DA BULLS CRAZY for long range .....

Bowzone_Mikey
11-13-2008, 08:29 PM
pretty much anything from Bugling Bull will do ya ...

Rockies original calls are the designs that Will Primos bought the rights too and marketed

I have a Monarch system and it works great ...

http://www.buglingbull.com/

I went to a seminar in Calgary put on by Rockie Jacobson at the Calgary Archery Center... I learned a great deal ... if ever you are presented with a Chance I suggest you do the same

Gateholio
11-13-2008, 08:47 PM
http://www.gofoxpro.com/images/products_FX5.jpg

:biggrin::tongue::smile:

Duk Dog
11-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Elk Nut - Chuckler, used with a Primos Sonic Dome Double

http://www.elknut.com/Index.html