PDA

View Full Version : Heading to 8-15 Sunday for LEH

tikkat3
11-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I got a wt doe draw for 8-15, that runs out on the 20th. I haven't been able to get away yet because of work, my kid's birthday, etc.

How are things looking out that way? Snow? Lots of deer? I'm going to hunt up the Granby river. I've never been up there, spare me the lecture. I just tried to get a high odds doe draw to fill the freezer. I have an idea of an area to go hunt anyway.

My hunting partner bailed on me again, I'm going solo. Staying in a camper, using the quad to hunt cuts or whatever is up there.

So if anyone has been out there recently and has any advice or things to look out for in terms of road conditions, etc please let me know!

Thanks

goatdancer
11-11-2008, 11:51 AM
You're going to have lots of company up there this time of year. Probably be a bunch of campers at 28mi bridge. There are tons of roads and trails in the area and usually lots of WT does. However, this time of year the muley does could be down mixed in with the whiteys. You might run into some nice bucks if the rut is on. Pick up a copy of the Thompson Okanagan Backroad Mapbook. It's pretty accurate for that area. Good luck.