PDA

View Full Version : Mulies or whitetail

cloverphil
11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Any suggestions on a good place to find some deer in Region 2 next week-end ? Still any buck for mule deer in region 2 and I'd like to get my first ever this season. Saw a beauty in Oct in Princeton, and I tried a couple logging roads last week-end and was stopped :-( by gates only a few k's off the highway. :?:

sneg
11-10-2008, 05:02 PM
gates are problem around here. but if it does say that it is private property than you can walk thru. it might be good quite area ,as there will be no road hunters.around Harrison lake is not bad.either side hold deer. just find some roads with clear cuts and walk.squamish holds some decent bucks as well.but you will need to put some miles on your boots before you get lucky.

Orangethunder
11-10-2008, 05:08 PM
On Thanksgiving weekend I saw a decent 3 point just across the Vedder when we were fishing. I made two casts at him before he ran away but he didn't seem interested in roe...

martyonthewater
11-10-2008, 07:54 PM
On Thanksgiving weekend I saw a decent 3 point just across the Vedder when we were fishing. I made two casts at him before he ran away but he didn't seem interested in roe...
maybe you should have tried pink and peach or a little colorado spoon :-P as for reg. 2 deer, I like the chilliwack area myself but that's only cause I'm a sucker for punishment

ThisIsLiving
11-10-2008, 07:57 PM
isnt it just blacktails around chilliwack.... or are there whitey's and muleys??

cloverphil
11-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I was told past chilliwack lake and down that road but haven't been there yet, I went half way up the Coq. was hoping I could drive the S-10 ZR2 as far as the road goes before walking a while but haven't found a long enough road to get high enough yet . . . thanks for the ideas guys, only mulies locally here though I would imagine, I have tags for both so . . .