PDA

View Full Version : First REAL moose hunt LEH 3-29

racerb
11-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey all, well as a teen I hunted with my step dad (always just another set of eye's) and always loved getting out and experiancing the outdoors!! but after some issues I had to shy away from the hunting for a little bit (okay years:eek:) even though everytime fall rolls around I still get that itch to get out there... well being a little bit older now I finally got my act togther and got all the stuff needed to go out.. So I enlist the help of my step-dad and I put in for a LEH close to my region, and I got it.. 3-29 Any bull moose!!! I didn't realize how lucky I was untill he told me so I get all geared up and head out for my first weekend of hunting... I would love to say this story ends with good news of my first kill but far from it. I have hunted enough to know this is just the way it goes but it was pretty unbelievable.. there was very little sign in all the normal spots and when there was sign we searched and still came up empty. Even the deer were hiding.... eventhough uneventful I did have a good time and got to see lots of sights I had been missing for years.. I found out how much of a good laugh it can be to head out and camp for a weekend!! so all is not over still have 20 or so days of hunting this month and i will be out as much as i can.......

wondering if anyone else who hunts this area had any luck or seen anything... I know you don't want to give any secrets away but any help for a newbie looking for his actual first kill is greatly appreciated!!

cheers all happy hunting:biggrin:

doubled
11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
I grew up hunting that area and surrounding areas. PM me for some tips. Welcome to the board too by the way.