PDA

View Full Version : Sad news from the north.

Steeleco
09-19-2005, 09:07 PM
I copied this from CGN, Hope it's nobody from the HBC family, sad just the same.

"One Man Dead Following Weekend Hunting Accident in Hackney Hills Area

It was a tragic hunting accident this weekend for two Powell River men who had known each other since childhood.

One man left his camp near Graham Forest Road outside of Fort St. John on Thursday by ATV. When the missing hunter didn’t return, his friend set out to find him the next morning.

He made the unfortunate discovery of the body of his friend pinned under the ATV with the body of a dead elk tied to it.

RCMP were alerted and drove by quad one and hours into the bush to reach the accident scene. The body was later flown out by helicopter.

Early police investigations show the quad rolled off a trail and onto the hunter, but RCMP say they are not treating the death as suspicious"

Be carefull all, things happen all too fast.

Freshtracks
09-19-2005, 10:45 PM
That's very tragic. My condolences to his family.

Walksalot
09-20-2005, 05:30 AM
Very tragic.
In the heat of the moment one forgets about this thing called centre of gravity.

Geo.338
09-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Yes ,this is very tragic and it has impacted our little town.This is a very sobering reminder that we must all take extra care and be extra safe while hunting alone or with others so we can all come home to our loved ones.Be safe out there eveyone.

BCHunter
09-20-2005, 09:43 AM
sad story!

NEEHAMA
09-20-2005, 09:49 AM
very sad news. a few years ago a friend of a friend lost some one while hunting. and there was some comfort for my friend as he knew that person passed on doing what they loved the most. i can only hope one day when i go, i'm up in my fav hunting spot to.

BCHunter
09-20-2005, 09:57 AM
fast and quick for me, and no G bears please...

Marc
09-20-2005, 10:16 AM
It just goes to show you never know when your number is up. At least he was doing something he loved when it was his time to go.

Back East the same sort of thing hapend with two friends of mine while out hunting geese. The older guy got a double on geese and the younger fella ran out to retireve them. By the time the young fella had come back to the blind the older fella had died of a heart attack.

It was a sad funeral but he past away doing what he enjoyed.

Duner
09-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Always hunt with someone else.

bsa30-06
09-20-2005, 07:09 PM
my condolences to the family and friends. remember everybody play safe.

Nothingbut7mmmag
10-02-2005, 10:43 PM
damn,it must suck to lose a good friend or family member,best wishes to the family.

coho456
10-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Sad but he was doing something he really enjoyed.